Thanksgiving Time

new york 1

Mouseketeer
I need a little help,I need some good DIS help on when is a better time to go to WDW the week before thanksgiving week or week after thanksgiving week. help in crowd,price,weather,and christmas decorations.thanks:thumbsup2

Weather- it will be about the same either time. Usually no rain, but cooler temps in the evenings. Do your swimming in the daytime! this past year was REALLY chilly, but that is unusual.

Christmas- before Thanksgiving you will have MK decorated (for MVMCP) and maybe Osborne Lights, possibly the big trees in Epcot and AK. The resorts will have started, but it officially will be done the Friday after Thanksgiving and that's when Epcot starts w/ candlelight procession and Holidays around the world.

Crowds- before Thanksg. is considered regular season,and the first week of Dec. is considered value season. I guess the Dec. week has gotten a little more crowded, but nothing compared the the Holiday crowds :)

I have gone to WDW many times the weeks after Thanksgiving. There is a "low" period between the week after Thanksgiving thru the 15-16th of December from a crowd perspective. After the 16th or so, the crowds ramp up to capacity for Christmas/New Years.

The Christmas decorations should be up either way...I believe they transition from Halloween to Christmas sometime in November.

The weather should be beautiful that time of year. However, do not be suprised if the lows are in the 40s and the highs in the upper 50s to mid 60s. By the almanac, it should be in the low 70s but it never seems to work out that way. :)

Personally, I think the best time to go around this period is the 2nd week of December. My wife and I usually schedule a trip roughly for Dec. 6-Dec13. Good weather (usually), moderate crowds, park hours are not truncated too badly like in other off-peak times and since we plan several months in advance, we always get outstanding deals on airline/hotel rooms (we stay offsite with Marriott).

It's a great time to go...my second favorite time slot behind Mid-October. You will enjoy Disney that time of year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter