Thanksgiving on The Fantasy Nov. 17-24

the kids

Mouseketeer
Hi All,

This is my first attempt at a trip report. This is our fourth Disney Cruise. We have now been on all 4 ships.

Who we are: Me 35, DH 37, DD 8 and DS 5

Embarkation: This was the easiest embarkation of the 4 cruises. We arrived at the terminal around 10:40, parked our car ( we drove in from West Palm about a 2 hour drive) checked in, checked in at the kids club desk and took a picture with Mickey and then they they were calling our group number 4. This was at 11:30. We skipped the welcome photo and we were on deck 11 at 11:40.

Day 1
Before we ate lunch we had to hit the Aquaduck (i think it opened at 12). We rode it several times with no real wait. My son did not want to go but he had a blast in the Mickey pool and on the Mickey slide.

Next up was lunch. We ate at Luigi's a quick service pizza place on deck 11. My son is very picky and doesn't eat pizza with sauce. I asked if they had any sauceless pizza, they said they didn't but if I came back in 5 minutes they would make it for me. I was thrilled about this. My son was happy and full amd I was thrilled that he could find something to eat.

Now it was time to find out staterooms. We had a 2 connecting verandah rooms, 6182 and 6184. I loved the location, one flight down to the kids clubs and a quick ride up to deck 11 for pool fun and cabannas. Now for the truth about the vibrations. Yes there are significant vibrations in these rooms while the ship is docking. I am a very light sleeper, so it woke me and DH. The kids did not seem to notice it. One morning they did rise early so not sure if that was from the vibrations or not. Our room host Armondo was great!!! No complaints at all.

Dinning:
Our rotation AERAERA
I loved this rotation, again no complaints. Our servers were great. I thought the food was better this year then last year Thanksgiving on The Magic. We went to Palo, which was fantasic. We did not go to Remy, we will have to try that next year. Cabannas for breakfast was fine, decent selection. We never had trouble finding a table. Plenty of seats. We only ate lunch once at Cabannas, again it was fine.

Deck 11
The deck around the Mickey pool and family pool can get chaotic. We never really sat anyway because we were always running behind the kids. I just needed a place to stash my stuff. I was always able to find at least one chair as a home base. My DH and I were able to sneak in some time to go to the adults pool area. So nice and relaxing. We found a great spot in serenity falls to layout and just relax ( I think this was on deck 12). The cushioned chairs were awesome!

Have to run now. Ill be back later to report the rest.

Nice write up. I too have been on all four ships. I loved the changes made on the Fantasy (from the Dream) and of course it's easier to enjoy with 7 days as opposed to 3 or 4!!

Nice write up. I too have been on all four ships. I loved the changes made on the Fantasy (from the Dream) and of course it's easier to enjoy with 7 days as opposed to 3 or 4!!

I agree. We loved the Fantasy. The small changes were great.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!