Thanksgiving Dinner Is Sold Out!

Goingtoseethemouse

<font color=green>Fort Wilderness Is Our Home Away
I have been looking for a Late Lunch or dinner on Disney Property for Thanksgiving for a party of 9. EVERY SINGLE RESTAURANT IS BOOKED!!! HELP!!! WHAT DO I DO? ANYONE CANCELING?

I know! All we could get (party of 8) was Thanksgiving at the Fort which is 2TS or around $180 for me, dh, and 2 kids. It's all I could get a month or 2 ago. AND we're eating at noon! I'm not thrilled.

Worst case scenario, I've heard that the resorts counter service has served Thanksgiving type meals in the past. I would call and verify with the resort though. We were going to look into something off site, but never did. (Lazy)

Good luck!

I see you're campers. I'm surprised Trails End is full. Anyway, we also booked late in the game & I was able to book Raglan Road through Opentable.com. If you're interested, I just checked & they had availability for 9 @ 4:00pm. I didn't check later times, since you mentioned a late lunch or dinner. Good luck finding something you're happy with.

If you have transportation contact the Marriott World Center which is just off Epcot Center Blvd about 1/2 mile East of I-4. They have several large restaurants there which can handle a group that size. They may have reservations available. Their largest restaurant, Solaris, is set up for both buffet and table service.

I try to eat there at least once a month. 407-239-4200.

EVERY SINGLE RESTAURANT IS BOOKED!!! HELP!!! WHAT DO I DO? ANYONE CANCELING?

1) I would keep trying.
2) However, cancellations this late for a major holiday are rare.
3) Plus, you are looking for a set for nine.
4) You would need at least two families to cancel at the same ADR time.
5) Just keep dialing.

Have you tried DTD? Or any of the Hotels within walking distance of DTD? On the other hand, You are in Disney and since you are obviously not going to have a 'traditional' holiday celebration. Throw out preconceived ideas and do something outrageous. You'll laugh about it late on! Thanksgiving Taco's anyone?

Two years ago our group of 7 was able to get last minute ressies at Flying Fish. They also could have taken us at All Star Cafe (not sure if that's still open?)

Also, this year I was told that for Xmas all the resorts CS's would have "traditional" meals available. I would imagine the same for hold true for TG.

So-- don't give up hope.

Have you tried the restaurants at the Swan or Dolphin? Many different options, probably all wonderful. (swandolphin.com shows the menus/pricing).

Also one of our favorite places to go for Thanksgiving is at the Peabody resort on International Drive. Cappricios. They have all the traditional food, plus every thing else you can think of, it is fantastic. Beautiful decorations as well.

I made my res for Ft Wilderness Trails End some time ago--at 1st it was for a res for 18--but the time was too late for 4 small kids, so I made 3 res instead.
Party of 8 at 4:40 Pm
Party of 2 at 4:45
Party of 8 at 4:50

We will show up at 4:00 and hope to be be seated earlier and somewhat close together.

Honestly - why do you need to do the big huge meal anyway??? You waited too long, and now nothing's available, so make the best of it and eat counter service somewhere. Either eat the turkey another day, or simply skip it entirely.

Every table service will be mobbed, and some will have inflated prices for no reason other than it's a holiday. :confused3 Why not just spend the time having fun - doing something besides sitting in a restaurant! Do your big meal together some other day.

You see, I have reservations at Coral reef for 6...I made them 180 days ago! But then grandma and grandpa called and said they are coming. Then my daughter from college called and said she s bringing her boyfriend. So now I am three short! But our ressies are in a park...so if I pay for three extra park tickets I am looking at close to $200 just to get them to the restaurant. Thats why I am looking for nine! I am going to have to cancel the Coral Reef ressies. I did just call the Gaylord Palms ad they still have openings for dinner. I think we might do that.......Or I might just cook dinner in the motorhome with an outdoor turkey roaster.....:stir:

Couple years ago, we (party of 8) walked up at Portobello Yacht Club for a late Thanksgiving lunch and were seated right away. Wonder what the chances of a couple of the restaurants at DTD having availability are right now?

I see you're campers. I'm surprised Trails End is full. Anyway, we also booked late in the game & I was able to book Raglan Road through Opentable.com. If you're interested, I just checked & they had availability for 9 @ 4:00pm. I didn't check later times, since you mentioned a late lunch or dinner. Good luck finding something you're happy with.

Did you try this, OP? I've read some really good things about this, and as it's in DD, you wouldn't need those park tickets? Good Luck

I would go for WPE in DTD, yes it is CS but it is the best darn CS I have ever had

Try to get two ressies (3/6, 4/5, etc.) Arrive early and see if they can seat you together.

Consider the DVC restaurants too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter