Thanksgiving dinner at the Fort

tinksgilrs251520

I want to be at WDW
Hello all,

We are tent camping in November 2009 and my moms birthday falls on thanksgiving next year and we are doing the 1900 Park Fare Breakfast but my question is how can i do a thanksgiving dinner at the campsite any ideas of meals.

Okay so Hubby and I aren't much of a cooker. Trust me I have seen camper cook everything on the grill at FW, but we are more of the mocrowaver types. Though you will find us doing the normal, burgers and steaks on the grill. :)

So, what we use to do is eat at Port Orleans but that's like $50 for two people. It's alot, but that way hubby can get a normal meal and I can get my Turkey dinner which he doesn't like.

This year we got last minute ressies at FW and of course everything for dining was sold out. So, this year I went today and picked up my mini Honey Baked Ham, two sides from Boston Market (I love their sweet potatoe cassarole and it's microwavable), two corn breads, a side of green beans and a side of maccaroni and cheese (again pre-packed and microwaveable). We also got some pie, so we are good to go. Quick, simple but very yummy!

I would just buy a Thanksgiving complete meal at the grocery store and be done with it, we did this one year and it was pretty good, no complaints from anyone. Beats the heck out of spending 50.00 per person or cooking.

Last year we were actually traveling to FW on Thanksgiving.

I pre-roasted turkey parts (easier to warm up than a whole bird) and premade the stuffing.We wrapped the bird parts in foil and put the stuffing in a covered aluminum pan and warmed both in the oven (you could do over a grill too, just put it on low and turn/stir frequently).

I pre-made mashed potatoes and squash, which are easy to micro or if you can't, you can put them in a metal bowl and put that in a larger metal bowl/pan with a little water in it. Cover and stir from time to time until they're hot (also a great trick for warming up leftover mashed so they don't dry out).

A package of pre-made corn bread and some cranberry sauce and it was dinner in the Walmart parking lot! :rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter