Thanksgiving at Disney

WDWstu

Mouseketeer
We are thinking about going down to WDW the week of Thanksgiving. We usually go once a year and were actually there in March this year, but we may be "expecting" early next year (if all goes according to plan). If things work out, we will have to take the year off next year. So we thought about it this weekend and threw out the idea of going again this year. With the limited vacation time I have available, the week of Thanksgiving is the only time that works for me because I can combine my remaining time off with the holiday. Would be going Nov 18 - 26.

Any one been there that week before? Does Disney do anything special to celebrate? I thought it might be fun to have Thanksgiving Dinner at the Liberty Tree Taven. What are crowds and the weather like? Oh and are the christmas decorations usually up by then??

I took the family last year for Thanksgiving week. Monday & Tuesday - walk on to just about any ride. Wednesday - just a bit busier. Thursday & Friday - went to the parks, wall to wall people. Spent a good part of those days at the POR pool. Saturday - pretty good. Sunday - was like a ghost town. 5 minute wait for Test Track.
The good side was that all of the Christmas light were up. Don't miss the after hours party at MGM.
We also go every year, this year the first week of November.
3 1/2 months to go :banana:

Thanks!

What is the "after hours party at MGM"? Sounds like something I wouldn't want to miss. But not quire sure what it is...

Sorry, I was thinking of the Magic Kingdom. MVMCP. The MGM party is the Osborne Family light show. Included in the admission price. It is a must see.

UGH!! The week we are planning on going is 11/18 - 11/26. BUT they dates for the MVMCP skip over that week!!! Wonder why that is...

Realized after I posted this that this must be because they are setting up the Xmas decorations during the night this week??? Maybe?

MVMCP Dates: November 13, 17, 27, 28, and 30

We are flying in on Thanksgiving. LTT is totally booked on Thanksgiving (at least for dinner time, maybe an odd time is open). We got Crystal Palace at 7:45. That was the earliest time they had available. I would suggest calling NOW to make ADR's. You can always cancel if you decide not to go.

Thanksgiving weekend too crowded for me.

My family and I go every Year.... It is amazing... The weather is cool and crisp... One year it was so freezing that we had to buy gloves... We are from South Fl... So when it is 50 degrees its COLD.... they do have christmas decorations up throughout the park and resorts...... We love going that time we have been going there for thanksgiving since '94.....and wouldnt change it at all

One more note... Make ADR now.... They fill up soooo fast...

This will be our 4th Thanksgiving in WDW. We love going this time of yr. As someone else said, the weather is perfect, warm during the day, cool at night.
This yr, we are arriving on Nov 19 and staying til the 25th. Up til about Thanksgiving day, the parks aren't too bad! We seemed to get thru just fine.. But Thanksgiving day and the weekend, are much busier! So, we do the parks early in the week, then spend time at the resort later in the week, or go to Downtown Disney.. Things like that.

It is really beautiful, all the Christmas Decor is up by then, and the resorts are definately all decked out! Also, all the Christmas trees are up too.
The Osborn lights are not to be missed!! Too cool!

As for Thanksgiving Dinner, The first yr. we went, we ate at 1900 Park Fare. That was very good- they had a traditional turkey meal among their buffet.
Then, another time, we ate at Cape May Cafe ( We were staying at the Beach Club.) This was also good!
Last yr, and this coming yr, we are doing the Hoop De Doo.. (NOT my favorite, however, my inlaw's LOVE this, and they have gone 20 yrs in a row, and btw, they are paying our trip, so i figure i can sit thru Thanksgiving dinner there to make them happy.)!

I think you would really enjoy it there at this time of yr.. We have!

Caitsmama said:
Last yr, and this coming yr, we are doing the Hoop De Doo..
I think you would really enjoy it there at this time of yr.. We have!

We are eating at HDDR as well! DH said he didn't care if we ate traditional or not, and the kids insisted on doing DHHR again, so it made sense to do HDDR on T-day!

We'll do AK that day, hope to schedule a carriage ride before our 7:15 ADR, and then take the boat (if they are still running) over to MK for a few hours before heading to the Poly for bed. Seems like a VERY BUSY Thanksgiving Day!

01Sweetpea, Cool!! I will have to introduce myself! And i will make sure to wear a green mickey! LOL We will actually be easy to spot, We have 11 at our table!!

And we are hoping to do the hayride after.

Caitsmama said:
01Sweetpea, Cool!! I will have to introduce myself! And i will make sure to wear a green mickey! LOL We will actually be easy to spot, We have 11 at our table!!

And we are hoping to do the hayride after.

I'm sure I'll be sporting a green Mickey as well... I think they are still on my backpack from 2004!

See you there!

I think that Thanksgiving time sounds like a wonderful time to visit WDW and all of the decorations will be up for Christmas. My husband & I were planning on going the 2nd week in Dec but might have to rethink and go a little bit earlier if we can manage that with a newborn. I've been there in October & loved it. 50 degrees weather sounds much better then the freezing cold & stormy weather we seem to get every year in SE Alaska during Thanksgiving week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!