Thanks to Disney, I'm cruisin' again...

smchan

<font color=navy>Prefers to be original, thank you
I went on a 4 day cruise last year on March 2nd. The first night of my cruise, I fell very ill, went to the doctor the next morning, and was quarantied until the afternoon of my last day on board. My wife was also quarantied w/ me for a shorter period of time. The cruise was a short trip for my 8th anniversary, so needless to say, I was very disappointed in the outcome. The whole event spilled over into my home life due to marital strain caused by my getting sick. (Long story... just know that it's resolved now.)

I wrote Disney a letter expressing my disappointment. I spend a lot of money on Disney products (honeymoon at WL, roughly annual trips to WDW - more for my wife, probable future DVC members) and was somewhat disappointed with how my quarantine was handled. No major problems but definitely a disconnect between what the doctor told me and what actually happened.

Long story short, I got a wonderful letter back from Disney. The letter expressed regret for my experience, gave me explicit instructions for filing an insurance claim (yes, I had travel insurance), and gave me a voucher equal to my fare for the cruise. I got an amount equal to another cruise fare back from the insurance company upon following the instructions sent by Disney.

Were it not for Disney's kind letter, I'd probably be done with cruising for a while. I did not expect anything from Disney, their reply exceeded my expectations, and caused me to rethink my future cruising plans.

So... March 4th (my anniversary) is coming up. 9 years in all. Thanks to Disney's attention to customer satisfaction, I will be a returning customer on the Feb. 28 7 day western cruise.

I have faith and resolve that this cruise will be a wonderful celebration of my 9th year of marriage to my lovely wife, a deeping of the love affair I have with my wife, and a (stress free) celebration of career accomplishments (ie I'm not going to think about work).

Thank you, Disney and Mr. Hayes of DCL, for your kind letter and for nudging me back to DCL. My wife just booked our reservation today, and she's bouncing off the walls. :D

See you real soon!

Sam M.

Wow- that is really awesome! Since you had insurance and got a refund from insurance- it was really WAY more than expected for Disney to also give you a voucher for another cruise same amount as the last one! So you get both free-- how wonderful! :)

That's great!!
Sometimes you get more in return when you are
just a little nice, and allow someone a chance to
impress you! (can you tell I work in retail?)
:sunny: :sunny: :sunny:

Originally posted by BibbidyBobbidyBoo
Wow- that is really awesome! Since you had insurance and got a refund from insurance- it was really WAY more than expected for Disney to also give you a voucher for another cruise same amount as the last one! So you get both free-- how wonderful! :)

I don't think my original post was clear. Specifically, my insurance claim recovered 1 fare, and Disney gave me a voucher for another fare - a fare defined as the cost of 1 person's cruise.

In essence, my first cruise was free. But since the part of the fare "refund" was given as a voucher for a future cruise, I got a credit that helped me pay for my future cruise.

Basically, the credit + the insurance claim would've covered an entire 4 day or - in this case - it'll cover 1/2 my 7 day for both my wife and me.

I wish both cruises were free. But the words gift, horse, and mouth come to mind here. I am still very thankful. :)

Sam

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!