Thanks Shan-man for your TR...

Dirtslinger

Earning My Ears
After I read Shan-man's TR I have been wanting to eat at Earl of Sandwich and wow was it good. After we set up camp we went right there and ate tonight. The Fort looks good. Never been here this time of year but I think this is the start of a new tradition for us now. I will be taking notes and pictures (DW got a new cannon rebel xs for our trip) and try to get a TR together myself when we return home. I will keep reporting the daily stuff while here. Oh, we're in 868 if you want to say hello.

Shannon

After I read Shan-man's TR I have been wanting to eat at Earl of Sandwich and wow was it good. After we set up camp we went right there and ate tonight. The Fort looks good. Never been here this time of year but I think this is the start of a new tradition for us now. I will be taking notes and pictures (DW got a new cannon rebel xs for our trip) and try to get a TR together myself when we return home. I will keep reporting the daily stuff while here. Oh, we're in 868 if you want to say hello.

Shannon

popcorn::

We do have our sign and lamp post up now. Took a while to figure out how to download off of an 8GB card. My card reader won't read it so had to plug in direct to camera. Anyway...here is a pic of the site.

IMG_0191.jpg

Hey Dirtslinger - what loop are you in? We're here now too - Loop 2700. Look for the rope lights and make sure to say hey!

Leslie

You guys are definetly making me homesick..... PLEASE keep posting the pics, its all I have in my sad frozen existance right now...:sick:

Well wonderful! So glad to hear you enjoyed your visit to the Earl! It is the first thing we do when arriving at the World when coming from Mom's house in Ocala (which is typical) since we arrive before check-in. It's a great way to ease into Disney, since the prices are close to real-world, and the Christmas decorations at DtD are definitely Disney. And we get a little taste of Disney before spending a couple of hours setting up our site (lots of Christmas decorations!:santa: ).

I too LOVE :love: the Fort at Christmas-time! I would really like to check out events at other times of years: MNSSHP, F&WF, F&GS; but not if it means giving up Christmas! It's the most wonderful time of the year!
header_ss.gif

Have a great time, and, if you happen to be looping and end up in 500, grab some pics of decorations! I need to know what challenges I'll face with the enlarged concrete pads. Looking forward to your TR!

This was at 10:30 this morning...not too much activity.

IMG_0214.jpg

Saw this at the settlement trading post and thought of Frank (who I've never met)

IMG_0198.jpg

I'll get some shots of the 500 loop for Shan-man and post them before he leaves for the Fort.

We do have our sign and lamp post up now. Took a while to figure out how to download off of an 8GB card. My card reader won't read it so had to plug in direct to camera. Anyway...here is a pic of the site.

IMG_0191.jpg

That trucks awfully clean for that long of a drive, did your wife let you wash it after you got there :lmao:
Mine will allow me one wash after we get to WDW and thats all.

Sorry I missed you Dirtslinger, we were in site 846 and everytime I rode by or went to the comfort station I never saw you outside your fiver to say "Hello". Maybe next time.... I noticed you were still there when we left today, so I hope you continue to have a magical stay. :)

That trucks awfully clean for that long of a drive, did your wife let you wash it after you got there :lmao:
Mine will allow me one wash after we get to WDW and thats all.

She won't say a word if I want to get the truck washed because I will be a big baby if I don't get my way with a clean truck. Actually she is just fine with it. We had it washed in Valdosta GA on the way down. Funny thing about the truck is it's not mine...I had to borrow this from my dad because my Dmax had a malfunction the afternoon I was going to leave. I'll never live this down from my old man with all the chevy is better than ford he gets from me. I guess now I kinda like the ford cause atleast it got me and the camper here. #2 injector wire harness is the problem with my chevy...just glad it happened before we left. I'll post some more pics tonight or in the morning.......getting ready to eat at Artists Point tonight with just the wife. Later all.

Shannon

Does anyone on here know Frank? I saw someone fishin at AK today and didn't know if he might be down here or not. Here is a picture of what I saw. I didn't know if I should have introduced myself or not.

IMG_0973.jpg

:lmao: No that's not him, I've known him a little bit over the last 30 years. :bride:

Does anyone on here know Frank? I saw someone fishin at AK today and didn't know if he might be down here or not. Here is a picture of what I saw. I didn't know if I should have introduced myself or not.

IMG_0973.jpg

But often my catch'es are similar to this. (onnna good day) :banana:

What a GREAT pic.

Great pics! Can't wait to see more! Hope you guys are having a great time!!

(btw, we had the same issue with the 8gb card...we had to do back to the 2gb, but the 8 does work well in the video camera! :thumbsup2 )

I had to put some more pics up from yesterday and today.

This is the family so you can actually see who we are. We had the photopass guy take this with our camera.

IMG_0982.jpg

This one was in Dinoland...my DD loves this one.

IMG_0303.jpg

The lights on the Streets of America are awsome!!!!!!

IMG_1086.jpg

I'll post more later...

I'm lovin it! I can't wait to see more. I love your T-shirt as well. Keep on posting.

All right! Who invited the beautiful, skinny, young people! Don't ya know the membership qualifications to be a Fort Fiend!? Where's the pledgemaster! I demand a review!! Someone get that man a 24 pack of non-light beer!

Seriously Shannon, beautiful family and I'm loving the pics. I leave in 48 hrs 51 mins and 12 sec! Coming your way (happy dance ensues)!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter