Thankful Thursday

My cousin passed away on Tuesday - that’s not the part I’m thankful for. :sad1: I’ll be travelling to my hometown next week to be together with “the folks” for his funeral and I’ve spent the past few days reflecting on what great childhoods we had - so many fond memories! :goodvibes Life wasn’t all a bowl of cherries for all of us but we came from such firm foundations! I’m grateful for the people our parents and grandparents were. None of us would be who we are today without them.:worship:

Last edited:
My cousin passed away on Tuesday - that’s not the part I’m thankful for. :sad1: I’ll be travelling to my hometown next week to be together with “the folks” for his funeral and I’ve spent the past few days reflecting on what great childhoods we had - so many fond memories! :goodvibes Life wasn’t all a bowl of cherries for all of us but we came from such a firm foundations! I’m grateful for the people our parents and grandparents were. None of us would be who we are today without them.:worship:
I'm sorry for your loss, but what a beautiful way to remember someone. ❤

I am about to turn 73 in a few days (okay really a few hours). I am so thankful for the life I’ve lived even if it was not the life I’d planned.

I grew up in abject poverty with most family members rarely getting past the 9th or 10th grade. I got a full ride scholarship to Tulane and had multiple job offers even before I graduated in 3 years with a Phi Beta Kappa key at age 20.

I had great success in my career and got accepted to Stanford and Harvard business schools. I won’t go into all the great things I had the opportunity to do - but now looking back it seems amazing to me.

I always wanted to get married and have children but that is the part I did not get to do. But I met my wonderful husband a decade ago so I did get married. He was so worth the wait.

I keep seeing that people say marriage is hard and takes a lot of effort. I think life is hard but my marriage helps me - it’s not hard at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!