Thankful for Disney - SOOZE's Thanksgiving TR FULL of PICTURES! NEW!! 6/5

OMG, Sooze!! I swear I subscribed to this TR!! Apparently I haven't been getting the updates in my "subscriptions". BOO!!! Ok, going back to read all that I've missed! :thumbsup2
No sweat, Cherie! That happens to me all of the time. Especially when I'm reading several TRs at once, and then people start NEW TRs... so I miss out on the switch. I'm just glad you're here!:hug:

The kiddo's are getting so big!!! Tyson is handsom as ever and Shae is so adorable!! :goodvibes I love the pic of him pushing her in the stroller. Brought tears to my eyes. :lovestruc

Aw.. thanks! They have such a happy glow about them in these pictures.. for some reason.... :confused3
:rotfl:

I love starting Epcot off with Spaceship Earth! Although, our last trip (June) was SO busy and the line was I swear 10 miles long! We had to wait till later.

Ok, going back to read more.........
We usually come in from International Gateway, so SE is not usually our first ride at Epcot... I think it will be from now on... it was the PERFECT way to start off the trip. But, yeah... waiting in line for it? UGH!

Oh no!! Poor Shae on Mission Space. I forgot how loud it was. I've only ridden it once but I bet our next trip will be the one when DS is ready to ride for the first time. He also says he's going to ride BTMRR for the first time too! We shall see.
I'll keep my fingers crossed for you! I look at Ty now... riding EVERYTHING at WDW with no fear... and I think back to those days when we had to bribe him onto rides by promising him pins for his lanyard. It's a distant memory now!! (Kinda like potty training!!) :lmao:

I love the VoL!! I'm so glad I read your TR's because we had been passing this up and finally I told DH we were going in! I told him Sooze said we HAVE TO SEE THIS. And yes, of course he was like "who's sooze?" :rotfl2: Before I could get the word "DIS" outta my mouth he had already figured it out....sooze must be another one of my "imaginary" friends. :lmao:
OMG!!! My husband gives me the SAME spiel whenever I mention DIS friends!! That is so funny! But I'm glad you thought of me. Did you enjoy VoL?!

That Kim Possible mission in Germany is SO MUCH FUN!! We really enjoyed that and laughed a lot in that shop. :wizard:

Ok, going to read more.........popcorn::

Loved the Germany mission, for sure!

Wow, what an awesome first day!!! You guys did a lot. Especially considering the crowds! :eek: That's how it was in June plus the heat!! :scared1: We were definitely out of our planning range. We had to really plan and work those fastpasses each day.

Thanks again for jumping on board! I'm sure we will be experiencing that June heat and crowds in the new year. I'm trying to be extra excited about it...:sad2: I may be contacting you for advice!!

That is so cute that you and Matt split up the kids so that they can each enjoy their favorite things to do while at WDW. I think some first timers make the mistake of thinking everyone will love the same things, which can really make touring difficult. I am sure that is one of your tips for anyone who asks you for advise.

I really agree with you about the Christmas Castle, it is so absolutely beautiful. Worth the trip alone. I do like the Osborne lights, but the castle is my favorite holiday decoration.
Happy New Year!

That is so cute that you and Matt split up the kids so that they can each enjoy their favorite things to do while at WDW. I think some first timers make the mistake of thinking everyone will love the same things, which can really make touring difficult. I am sure that is one of your tips for anyone who asks you for advise.

I really agree with you about the Christmas Castle, it is so absolutely beautiful. Worth the trip alone. I do like the Osborne lights, but the castle is my favorite holiday decoration.
Happy New Year!

You are exactly right! That IS my number one tip! That, and "go back to the resorts in the afternoon for nap/pool time". :thumbsup2

And I agree about the castle as well.... Osborne lights are fantastic... but the castle is PURE MAGIC!

Thanks for your comments! :lovestruc

Aw.. thanks! They have such a happy glow about them in these pictures.. for some reason.... :confused3
:rotfl:

:lmao: I can't imagine why! :wizard:

We usually come in from International Gateway, so SE is not usually our first ride at Epcot... I think it will be from now on... it was the PERFECT way to start off the trip. But, yeah... waiting in line for it? UGH!

We are staying at BCV for 3 nights before our Cruise this June. It will be our first time entering from the International Gateway. It's going to swap everything that we are used to around on us. That's okay though...we love to experience it all in different ways!

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you! I look at Ty now... riding EVERYTHING at WDW with no fear... and I think back to those days when we had to bribe him onto rides by promising him pins for his lanyard. It's a distant memory now!! (Kinda like potty training!!) :lmao:
Oh I know!! It's very bittersweet. We want them to try new things and to have fun but then when we get there and look back it's almost like...."where did my little baby go?" That's funny about the pin bribes because that is what we do too!! :rotfl2:

OMG!!! My husband gives me the SAME spiel whenever I mention DIS friends!! That is so funny! But I'm glad you thought of me. Did you enjoy VoL?!

VoL is AMAZING!!!! It is a must do on my list from now on. I think the blonde in your pictures is the same in my pictures from last June. She was pregnant when we went. She must of had her baby! :goodvibes

Thanks again for jumping on board! I'm sure we will be experiencing that June heat and crowds in the new year. I'm trying to be extra excited about it...:sad2: I may be contacting you for advice!!

Can't wait to read more! As far as June, just drink lots of water and take a break mid-day to hit the resort pool. We had to do that every single day to make it bearable! By noon we were on our way back to the pool. Stayed until around 3 or 4 then headed back to the room to change and hit the parks again at night when it was a LITTLE cooler. Definitely not the touring style we have been used to by going in February.

Do you mind another reader? I stumbled across your report today and am really enjoying it so far. :goodvibes

Can't wait to read more! As far as June, just drink lots of water and take a break mid-day to hit the resort pool. We had to do that every single day to make it bearable! By noon we were on our way back to the pool. Stayed until around 3 or 4 then headed back to the room to change and hit the parks again at night when it was a LITTLE cooler. Definitely not the touring style we have been used to by going in February.

I just noticed our tickers say the EXACT same thing!! When will you be arriving in WDW? We will be there from 6/26-7/1!

I just noticed our tickers say the EXACT same thing!! When will you be arriving in WDW? We will be there from 6/26-7/1!

Oh my gosh!!!!! We are actually getting there on the 23rd but we will be loading up on the ship first thing in the morning of the 26th!! HOW CLOSE AND CRAZY IS THAT???? Ok, if you guys end up going a day or so earlier for some reason.....LET ME KNOW!!! We will be staying in a 1 bedroom at the Beach Club Villa's for those 3 nights before the cruise. :banana:

I'm in! We stayed at POFQ some years back and we really like it! Love the food area there! Your kids are so cute ~ AND I can't believe how they've grown up!

I love "surprise" trips!

How where crowds? I'm in a terrible debate of IF we should go over Thanksgiving next year. We went this year in the 1st part of Nov. But had to pull the kids from school for 8 days. Next year will be the last year I can pull do to school. We were there for Thanksgiving a few years ago, and stayed for the week after. Oh desicions! :headache:

Oh my gosh!!!!! We are actually getting there on the 23rd but we will be loading up on the ship first thing in the morning of the 26th!! HOW CLOSE AND CRAZY IS THAT???? Ok, if you guys end up going a day or so earlier for some reason.....LET ME KNOW!!! We will be staying in a 1 bedroom at the Beach Club Villa's for those 3 nights before the cruise. :banana:

:headache: SO CLOSE!!!! We are driving down and will be pulling into Orlando that morning! If anything changes, I'll be sure to let you know.

I'm in! We stayed at POFQ some years back and we really like it! Love the food area there! Your kids are so cute ~ AND I can't believe how they've grown up!

I love "surprise" trips!

How where crowds? I'm in a terrible debate of IF we should go over Thanksgiving next year. We went this year in the 1st part of Nov. But had to pull the kids from school for 8 days. Next year will be the last year I can pull do to school. We were there for Thanksgiving a few years ago, and stayed for the week after. Oh desicions! :headache:

:banana: Glad you're here! We love surprise trips, too! But this is the 3rd one we've done for Tyson, and I think he is TOTALLY on to us now. Not sure how many more we'll be able to pull off!:rolleyes:

The crowds were bearable. There were A LOT of people there, but it wasn't like Christmas crowded! We just took our time and planned around the major attractions that we really wanted to do. If we had a full week it would've been better.

What I loved about going at Thanksgiving is:
#1 I didn't have to cook a meal or clean up after it!
#2 Getting in the Christmas spirit
#3 The weather was PERFECT!

I have to agree on your reasons to go at Thanksgiving. I however, always cook Dinner on Thanksgiving, so going the weekend prior to the holiday works well for us. The weather is perfect. And the Christmas decorations; for the most part, are all up. We really noticed a huge increase in the crowd level starting on Sunday the 21st. I know that you are a teacher, so you have to fit the trips in when you have the time off.

Love that you suprised the kids! Did T-day with my parents years ago and loved it. The time leading up to T-day was not as busy as that weekend is. I also remember my mom freezing and wearing her down jacket when we went to Fantasmic! Carosuel of Progress was my mom's favorite rides she use to sing every time you changed rooms - I would get so embrassed, but now miss it. Thanks for brining back wonderful memories of my family trips. We are bound to make a trip at the same time one of these years. Any chance you might make the venture west one of these times? Hint Hint - maybe in the summer when Matt is on tour - any chance they are coming west? I bet experiencing the park through Shae's eyes must be just wonderful.

I have to agree on your reasons to go at Thanksgiving. I however, always cook Dinner on Thanksgiving, so going the weekend prior to the holiday works well for us. The weather is perfect. And the Christmas decorations; for the most part, are all up. We really noticed a huge increase in the crowd level starting on Sunday the 21st. I know that you are a teacher, so you have to fit the trips in when you have the time off.
Oh, if we could go the weekend before, I bet that WOULD be just perfect! Maybe someday.. ;)

Love that you suprised the kids! Did T-day with my parents years ago and loved it. The time leading up to T-day was not as busy as that weekend is. I also remember my mom freezing and wearing her down jacket when we went to Fantasmic! Carosuel of Progress was my mom's favorite rides she use to sing every time you changed rooms - I would get so embrassed, but now miss it. Thanks for brining back wonderful memories of my family trips. We are bound to make a trip at the same time one of these years. Any chance you might make the venture west one of these times? Hint Hint - maybe in the summer when Matt is on tour - any chance they are coming west? I bet experiencing the park through Shae's eyes must be just wonderful.

Thanks for sharing that, Johanna.... I'm so glad you have those memories to make you smile, and even miss!

Hopefully, we will be back in CA during the 2012-2013 New Year's season. BOA is supposed to be bringing back the Tournament of Roses Honor band and we will hopefully be asked to be on staff again. Maybe we can connect then? Otherwise, my summer road trips are usually spent on the East Coast, where I can visit family and friends (the ol' 2 birds with one stone thing, ya know?).

Thanks for commenting!

Well, just like the rest of the guests at Disney, we had intentions of riding TSM this day. And, just like the rest of the guests at Disney, it meant bee-lining it to Pixar Place as soon as we entered DHS.

Actually, it wasn't too bad. We slept in just a bit, and didn't kill ourselves trying to get there for rope drop. It was NOT EMH, and the trek over to Pixar Place was kind of okay! We even had time to stop and take a picture:
P1060755.jpg

She was cute. She was announcing the days events and even ride wait times!

Of course, the LONGEST wait time was for this:
P1060756.jpg

Ugh... It was easy to get discouraged, but this was really the ONLY thing we absolutely had to do today, and we were fresh out of bed and... oh, what the heck? We just hopped into the line. Why no fast passes? I don't know?:confused3 They actually weren't even using them for some reason. You know what?! The standby line was MOVING and MOVING FAST!!! All because there were no FP people butting into line.... the standby was flying!!
(No offense to FPers... I'm usually one of them.)

Canadian humor I had not noticed before:
P1060759.jpg

So, remember that cheap little plastic coin that Shaelyn received when we arrived at POFQ? Well, that inexpensive little trinket provided us with 45 minutes of sheer entertainment! DH kept hiding it in his hand and having Shae or Ty guess which hand it was in. Then it moved to pockets, shoes, ears, and any other place that would make the kids laugh. We had so much fun in this queue (and did I mention it kept moving?! Consistently!?)
P1060760.jpg

That hand, Daddy!
P1060761.jpg

Yay! There it is!
P1060763.jpg

Tyson's turn to hide the coin:
P1060765.jpg

Stopping for a picture in front of Mr. Potato head is usually a piece of cake, because you STAND THERE forever (While they let more FP people in line ahead of you). But this time, we had to quickly jump in and get a shot before we were on our way!
P1060767.jpg

See this?
P1060771.jpg

It's the FP line, with no one going in it? Okay okay... you're probably tired of hearing about it.. but I am convinced that sometimes FP is NOT a good thing. This queue was actually enjoyable, even though we were in it for 45 minutes (not the 100 posted). It was as if the line was working the way it SHOULD. When the FP line is there, you end up standing forever in one spot. It's the same with Soarin'. Don't get me wrong, when I'm using a FP, it's awesome. I just think if they weren't there at ALL, the lines would all move better. Ok, rambling over..

Matt and I battled it out... he KILLEd me. Shae and Ty rode together and, of course, Ty beat her. Guess the girls need some more practice!

After getting Toy Storied up, we decided to venture over to Lotso. We were surprised that they stopped us in the animation dump shop, our usual "back way" into the character meet and greet area. They made us go in through the main entrance, but they had set up an 'express' line that bypassed the movie and went right into the meet and greet area. So it wasn't too bad!

The queue for Lotso was adorable! It was set up like a daycare center with bulletin boards and kids' artwork. The line was actually very short (since, really, who wants to meet the big fluffy bad guy who sent the Toy Story characters into a burning furnace?!), so we didn't have too much time to admire the area. Here are a few shots of the kids' artwork:

P1060773.jpg

P1060774.jpg

P1060775.jpg

Then it was on to Lotso:
P1060776.jpg

FAMILY PIC!
P1060777.jpg

I usually don't have a very good experience with PhotoPass photographers using my p and s camera, but this one turned out GREAT!
P1060778.jpg

So, does Lotso smell like strawberries? Well, there was a distinct smell of strawberries in the area, but I don't think it was actually HIM. I think one of those mystical smell makers that Disney uses was hidden in the meet and greet area.... somewhere...

Next stop was an American Idol show. We had some great seats:
P1060779.jpg

Of course, with all of the video screens and bright lights, I really don't think there's a bad seat in that house!

The crowd warm-up guy was hilarious as always!
P1060780.jpg

What a fun job!
P1060781.jpg

By this time, we were starting to get hungry. Everyone voted on Pizza Planet (meh), so we walked on over. It was a complete MADHOUSE!!! Shae and I broke the cardinal rule of not saving tables. Don't bash us... it was a necessity... it was such a zoo! We stalked some people who looked ready to leave, then snagged the table. We took some pictures of ourselves to pass the time:

Disney Glow:
P1060784.jpg

One of Mommy:
P1060786.jpg

And, just because we were getting bored... SILLY FACES!!
P1060788.jpg

P1060787.jpg

P1060789.jpg

FINALLY the boys showed up with a tray full of pizza goodness and we filled up!

Wow only having to wait 45 minutes instead of 100 sounds like a great start to any DHS day.

Maybe they've finally caught on to the "secret" entrance with the animation building? Your pics with Lotso turned out fantastic, and bonus that there was barely any line

Looking forward to more:goodvibes

DH and I had a picture taken with Lotso this summer before we saw the movie, and found out he was a bad guy. He seemed so friendly, boy were we surprised after seeing the movie.

I love your pictures waiting in line for TSM and for pizza. They where so fun filled and full of smiles.

joining in! Love it!

You're a lot like us! 10 yo boy & 5 yo red headed girl!

Enjoying all the pics too!

Wow only having to wait 45 minutes instead of 100 sounds like a great start to any DHS day.

Maybe they've finally caught on to the "secret" entrance with the animation building? Your pics with Lotso turned out fantastic, and bonus that there was barely any line

Looking forward to more:goodvibes
It was truly one of the best waits we've had for a ride. We weren't grouchy, and we were actually having fun for 45 minutes! I'd wait for that again in a second :)

Yeah, maybe I've told one too many people about that 'secret' entrance!

DH and I had a picture taken with Lotso this summer before we saw the movie, and found out he was a bad guy. He seemed so friendly, boy were we surprised after seeing the movie.

I love your pictures waiting in line for TSM and for pizza. They where so fun filled and full of smiles.
I was not very friendly to Lotso... he was such a meanie in that movie!! I don't care what CMs say about him being 'rehabilitated' at DHS... he's still a BAD GUY!! (But he did make for a great family picture!) :rolleyes:

Thanks! We had a bunch of fun this day, for sure!
joining in! Love it!

You're a lot like us! 10 yo boy & 5 yo red headed girl!

Enjoying all the pics too!
HOW COOL! Welcome to the TR!! :woohoo:
Do you have any TRs? I'd love to see our similar families!

Love all the pictures!!! Looks like your having a terrific time!!!

Terri
Thanks so much! Glad you're enjoying them!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter