Thank God For Trip Insurance; Our Merry Land/Sea! (Two new updates October 3)

Just popping in to say Hi :wave2: and see how everything is going?

Still waiting to see why the Trip Insurance:rotfl:

Me, too!! popcorn::

(Always wanted to do the little popcorn guy!)

Yes, I was actually thinking about it the other day too. Yes I know I'm strange. LOL!

Your fans are waiting to hear!!!! :lmao:

Thank you for the update! I love the chairs at that Senior Frogs! Hilarious!!!

You all are way too patient and sweet. I never thought I'd be one to take a year to write a trip report. I'm sorry. I'm uploading some pictures as we speak and can hopefully get an update this weekend.

School is back in session and I'm teaching full time for the first time in almost a decade. I'm really enjoying my job but have a lot less free time.

Alrighty, so we left off after a fun day DH and I had in Nassau. When we returned to the ship we went to get the girls from kids club but they were having too much fun and did not want to leave.

299.jpg

So DH and I went to grab a nice lunch up top and then returned.

302.jpg

Needless to say they enjoyed their time in the kids club.

Next we headed to the movie theatre to watch THE PRINCESS AND THE FROG! It had just come out while we were on our trip and it was our first time watching the movie. We were so excited to watch this movie for the first time aboard the Disney Wonder and it did not disappoint. This movie now brings back great memories of our time on the ship.

303.jpg

Tonight was pirate night so we went and dressed for pirate night.

314.jpg

Here are some pictures of the the screen that displayed our pirate night pictures. I was disappointed because I tried and tried to find these prints to buy the day we were leaving and they were not anywhere. So, I didn't get any. :confused: The staff even tried to help me find them.

344.jpg

348-1.jpg

347.jpg

345.jpg

We went to dinner at Animator's Palate and to another great show.

304.jpg

306.jpg

The pirate party was a blast and one of my favorite memories. They show got cut a little by a sudden rain storm but we got to see most of it and had a blast. When it started to rain our family stayed in the rain and continued to dance while most other people ran for shelter. Faith came out of her shy shell and partied hard as you can tell from the pics. :goodvibes

331.jpg

333.jpg

336.jpg

The food display on pirate night was as beautiful as they say we were still pretty full from dinner but we did have to try some samples before heading to bed.
337.jpg

The following morning I woke up and was super excited for the big day I'd been waiting for. Castaway Cay Day! The main reason we booked this cruise was to get to sea Castaway Cay for ourselves after reading so many good things about it.

I got up before the rest of the family and took a walk around the top deck. I could see Castaway Cay not to far away.

357-1.jpg

I immediately got an uncomfortable feeling that something was wrong. No one else up and about seemed concerned but I could tell. You see, the ship was not moving closer to the island. We were a fair distance away and were not moving in.

I made my way back to our cabin as the troup was starting to rise. I told my husband about my concerns and he looked out the window and assured me everything was fine and that we were still moving in.

361-1.jpg

Sure enough about ten minutes later there was an announcement from the captain. He said that the winds were too high to dock safely and that he would try to dock again at 1 p.m. but was not too hopeful.:sad1:

It was incredibly depressing. Luckily I knew from reading here on the boards that it does happen every once in a while to poor unlucky sailors. The girls too were incredibly upset. They love the beach and did not get off yesterday at Nassau thinking today would be there day.

Here are some pictures of waves hitting the island. Clearly the captain was telling the truth.
386-1.jpg

We tried to make the best of it and went to a nice sit-down breakfast at Tritons.

371-1.jpg

368-1.jpg

369-1.jpg

Here's one frustration I have with the staff. While we were eating breakfast we saw someone come in and hand a huge stack of papers to the restaurant manager. I was watching him because I new they were probably updated schedules for the day. He paced around with them looking confused and never handed them out. We didn't get an updated schedule under our cabin door until a couple hours later and by then we'd already missed a couple activities we would have liked to participate in.

So, our depression took hold and we went back to the cabin for a nap. How boring I know. I took the time to finish wrapping the fish extender gifts. Hope and I went and passed them out.

364-1.jpg

There wasn't a lot scheduled. There was a dance party that we attended but after being to pirate night and MVMCP it was not that fun and WAY overcrowded with other families trying to make the best of the depressing situation.

378-1.jpg

We also tried to swim for a while but the chilly wind made it a little uncomfortable.

375-1.jpg

At 1:00 p.m. the captain tried to dock again but we were told NO GO. So, we saw Castaway Cay but never set foot on it.

Our December trip was an absolute blast but this day coupled with the "reason for trip insurance" (coming up in next update) put a little sour memory in an otherwise fabulous trip.

Next update I will finally get to the reason for my title, thanks again for those who have stuck around.:goodvibes

How awful. I would probably cry. That too is one of the main reasons I want to get on a Disney cruise. But I know it happens. It's just a bummer when it does.

Thanks for the update. :cool1: I know how busy life can get.

How sad:sad2: that you didn't get to Castaway Cove.

Like jenseib said, that would be one of the main reasons for going on a Disney cruise.

I'm so glad to see you back. I really enjoy your updates!

I loved your Pirate Night outfits...but what a bummer that you couldn't find them. At least you thought to take the digital ones!

I can understand your disappointment about Castaway Cay. I would have been the exact same way!

Your picture of Castaway Cay getting slammed by waves said it all! Love the pirate t-shirts...did you make them with printable iron ons?

Glad to see you're back--I totally understand how busy you are--hope all is well!

Thanks for the updates!

How disappointing for you guys that they ship was not able to dock at Castaway Cay. That too would be one of my main reasons for wanting to go on a Disney cruise.

Looking forward to hearing more:goodvibes

So excited to see an update from you! How is the teaching job, what grades are you teaching? I went through to be a junior intermediate teacher but Im opting to work on becoming a college professor instead :)

I thought you were teaching, but then when someone said you weren't, I went with that. Oh well. Glad to read another update. Sorry about the weather. That's one of the things that make me a little stand offish about a cruise. At least on land you can go and do something else, should the weather not cooperate.
Looks like you enjoyed Pirate night though.

How awful. I would probably cry. That too is one of the main reasons I want to get on a Disney cruise. But I know it happens. It's just a bummer when it does.

Yes it was a bummer, but we still love cruising.

Thanks for the update. :cool1: I know how busy life can get.

How sad:sad2: that you didn't get to Castaway Cove.

Like jenseib said, that would be one of the main reasons for going on a Disney cruise.

Yes, life is busy now but I'm blessed with relaxing summers to look forward too!:thumbsup2

I'm so glad to see you back. I really enjoy your updates!

I loved your Pirate Night outfits...but what a bummer that you couldn't find them. At least you thought to take the digital ones!

I can understand your disappointment about Castaway Cay. I would have been the exact same way!

Pirate night was a blast.pirate: I do wish I had those prints though.

Your picture of Castaway Cay getting slammed by waves said it all! Love the pirate t-shirts...did you make them with printable iron ons?

Glad to see you're back--I totally understand how busy you are--hope all is well!

Yes, printable iron ons!:thumbsup2

Thanks for the updates!

How disappointing for you guys that they ship was not able to dock at Castaway Cay. That too would be one of my main reasons for wanting to go on a Disney cruise.

Looking forward to hearing more:goodvibes

Just a good excuse to try it again some time right?;)

So excited to see an update from you! How is the teaching job, what grades are you teaching? I went through to be a junior intermediate teacher but Im opting to work on becoming a college professor instead :)

I am loving my teaching job this year. I moved up to middle school. 6th grade social studies and I absolutely love it and the grade. I too have future plans to one day be a professor when the girls are older.

Woohoo... you are back. Thank goodness for e-mail notifications...

You're sweet.:goodvibes

I thought you were teaching, but then when someone said you weren't, I went with that. Oh well. Glad to read another update. Sorry about the weather. That's one of the things that make me a little stand offish about a cruise. At least on land you can go and do something else, should the weather not cooperate.
Looks like you enjoyed Pirate night though.

Someone said I wasn't teaching? Guess I missed that. Yep, I'm teaching away. The beginning of the year is always a crazy adjusting period. It should calm down just a little soon. Thanks for staying in touch.:goodvibes

Yaa for the trip update! So sorry to hear you didn't make it to Castaway Cay. I know you were looking forward to that...but it gives you another reason to book another cruise!! :lmao:

Still here, too. So sorry about Castaway. I would have been heartbroken, too. Looking forward to the rest and hope your job is going great.

What a great disappointment not getting to visit Castaway Cay. I would have cried.

I hope you are enjoying your teaching job.

I am wondering if you can give us an idea about the trip insurance need? We are now considering adding a cruise to our Dec trip.

Hi Brooke!! I'm all caught up and anxious to hear about the reason for your title!! I hope all is well with you and your sweet family! It's hard to believe that it's almost Christmas again!! We leave for WDW the Saturday after Thanksgiving!! Can't wait!! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter