Tests before boarding flight to return home?

mevelandry

DIS Veteran
Hi guys,

My question goes (especially) to Canadians and International travelers...

Right now a negative PCR test is mandatory to be able to board a flight to return to Canada (and other countries) and most cruise lines do not offer testing on board ...

When and where did you get tested?

How long did you wait for the result?

How much did you pay?

Thanks in advance.

Trying to find a strategy for my next cruise in case it's still mandatory when I get there.

Will these work? They worked for travel back to the US from Greece. You use these along with the navica app for a QR code for travel.

Attachments

• 82C75299-DF64-4A41-9223-9B0C58B7DA05.jpeg
    82C75299-DF64-4A41-9223-9B0C58B7DA05.jpeg
    64.6 KB · Views: 10

Will these work? They worked for travel back to the US from Greece. You use these along with the navica app for a QR code for travel.
US accepts the rapid antigen tests like the one in the picture for return travel to the US, but OP is traveling from the US internationally, and PCR tests are required for that. If it were me, I'd add a few days in Florida post-cruise to ensure I have time for a PCR test appointment and 1-2 day turnaround.

US accepts the rapid antigen tests like the one in the picture for return travel to the US, but OP is traveling from the US internationally, and PCR tests are required for that. If it were me, I'd add a few days in Florida post-cruise to ensure I have time for a PCR test appointment and 1-2 day turnaround.

I've been thinking of booking same-day appointments at the airport (those who give out results in 1 hours). Very pricey but not as pricey as staying one more night + restaurants + change of flights.

I've been thinking of booking same-day appointments at the airport (those who give out results in 1 hours). Very pricey but not as pricey as staying one more night + restaurants + change of flights.
True—just make sure if you do you give yourself lots of time before the flight in case the first test comes back invalid and you have to retest, or if they are running behind schedule on appointments.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter