Test Track?

It's supposed to open Dec. 6 just like the new fantasyland. I forget where I heard that from though. Sorry.

I saw on another site soft openning at the end of November. No official dates.

they are in the test and adjust phase now. jus cycling the ride without guests gettin all the kinks out and training all the new cm's. no officail soft opening date it will jus be a spontanous thing so u jus have to be there the day they do it.:thumbsup2

CM's have had a chance to ride it and there have been some pretty positive reviews. I would expect soft openings soon.

champstylin said:
they are in the test and adjust phase now. jus cycling the ride without guests gettin all the kinks out and training all the new cm's. no officail soft opening date it will jus be a spontanous thing so u jus have to be there the day they do it.:thumbsup2

Just talked to a cm friend working in resorts. Nothing coming through the pipeline about soft openings. Slightly nervous that this could be like the opening of Test Track 1.0

Just talked to a cm friend working in resorts. Nothing coming through the pipeline about soft openings. Slightly nervous that this could be like the opening of Test Track 1.0

I heard from numerous people who actually got to ride it yesterday at a soft opening, so they started at least yesterday. From what I hear its really fun and polished, even has a better feel to it than the old TT. If anyone on here gets a chance to ride, let us know your opinion!

Here's a video uploaded not too long ago of the new area audio loop for those interested: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KROcrF7mCwA

We'll be checking into the YC on Friday morning, hoping to go to Epcot quite a bit since we'll be a quick boat ride away...
I'm anxious to see what the new TT is like, praying for a soft opening while we're there! :)

I heard from numerous people who actually got to ride it yesterday at a soft opening, so they started at least yesterday. From what I hear its really fun and polished, even has a better feel to it than the old TT. If anyone on here gets a chance to ride, let us know your opinion!

Here's a video uploaded not too long ago of the new area audio loop for those interested: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KROcrF7mCwA

Good to hear and thanks for the link. I can't wait to go on it this January.:cool1:

For those interested, here is a POV video of the new version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ghsehqzjhjk#

Personally, it "looks" really really nice. But they literally shoved technology down the throat of the old ride and do a terrible job of explaining each test. Also, the truck scene before the outdoor segment is still in, and makes absolutely no sense to me (much like the rest of it)... I'm unsure of this from watching the video, but I guess I can't be sure until I go on it myself. First impression, I miss the old ride.

For those interested, here is a POV video of the new version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ghsehqzjhjk#

Personally, it "looks" really really nice. But they literally shoved technology down the throat of the old ride and do a terrible job of explaining each test. Also, the truck scene before the outdoor segment is still in, and makes absolutely no sense to me (much like the rest of it)... I'm unsure of this from watching the video, but I guess I can't be sure until I go on it myself. First impression, I miss the old ride.

I rode it today and this is exactly how i feel.

Wow. It looks disappointing. I liked the cheezy old tests better. Was not my favorite ride ever but this looks blah.

I'll have to wait until Jan/Feb to ride BUT, I like that Dis filled up the space INSIDE. Doesn't look like a warehouse and you can't see ahead to other "tests". Now this is not Test Track and should be renamed SimTrack or SimCourse. The look now coincides with Future World and I like some elements. Missing the hot and cold chambers. What about a ride photo?!

Attractions magazine has a Kool side by side comparison on YouTube if anyone is interested.

a few years ago rumors were flying about a Tron attraction, i guess we have it! LOL. IMHO just tweak TT, ie hybrids.

When they changed my Figment I did not say a word, When they upgraded my SSE to V3.0 I let them pass, but this was my all time favorite in the world! I feel like almost crying right now like I lost a friend. I will wait to judge until I visit next month, but come on WDI this was the best you could do after shutting it down for 1/2 year ? :confused3:

We were at WDW the first of December and got to ride the new TT. I was disappointed. I miss the old TT. I felt like I was in a Tron movie. It was too futuristic for me. They did take a ride photo. I guess it just all comes down to personal opinion.

We were at WDW the first of December and got to ride the new TT. I was disappointed. I miss the old TT. I felt like I was in a Tron movie. It was too futuristic for me. They did take a ride photo. I guess it just all comes down to personal opinion.

Well I rode it this week. I can say that I wasn't really disappointed but not overly impressed either. I like still like the overall ride. They are just two different atmospheres. My wife liked the more interactive things at the end. Driving the cars on the little racetrack and the pics we did.

My daughters loved the Tron feeling. I thought it was just as good, though totally different than before. I think the new feeling will wear off quickly and though I liked it well enough I don't think it will have the long term staying power as the original.

I think Disney proved again that there are no real imagineers left at Disney...Maybe they should have asked their old imagineers over at Universal for some help.:rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!