Test track soft opening/sneak peak

As we were leaving after Illuminations Monday night (11-12) they were testing/running cars. One right after another. :)

I am so excited!!!!!!!!! I am just learning about the refurbishment! We will be arriving on the 24th and HOPE HOPE HOPE for a "soft opening!"

Test Track was closed when we were there in July. I'm SO happy we will be able to ride it this January!

We did more snooping around TT today....lots of workers everywhere.....not sure if it will be running on Sunday....but what do I know other then being a nosey Nellie.... :-)

Mouse511 said:
We did more snooping around TT today....lots of workers everywhere.....not sure if it will be running on Sunday....but what do I know other then being a nosey Nellie.... :-)

That is a very good sign. I work in construction management and a few of my consultants are national and do work with Disney.

They really go into high gear when they are close to opening, if the okay has been given by the county to open. No exact date, but it is a good sign.

Oh my fingers are crossed!!! DS was so disappointed when we were there in Sept and Oct and I hadn't head the heart to tell him it still wouldn't be open when we go Dec 1-3, sounds like there may be hope yet!!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I was backstage this evening for cast choir rehearsal for the Candlelight Procession. The lights were on and cars were running. No people in them, but cars were definitely going through the course.

They're probably just testing the attraction. I'm pretty certain it's not open to anyone yet. I'm glad you were an investigator though!
sh.gif

OT, but is that the Dr Who phone Booth at the bottom of your page? DH got a hard cover for his iPhone 5 off the Internet with the phone booth on it to tide him over until he can pick a Disney one out when we go in Jan.

OT, but is that the Dr Who phone Booth at the bottom of your page? DH got a hard cover for his iPhone 5 off the Internet with the phone booth on it to tide him over until he can pick a Disney one out when we go in Jan.

Absolutely it is
Doctorthumb.gif

OT: Stindall, I see you have the Davit Tenant Smilie as well :thumbsup2. Btw, thanks for the links on where to get those!

Ok, back on topic. We will be in Epcot exactly 2 weeks from today for our first day in the parks and have a second day planned for 12/5. Has anyone heard anything yet regarding a soft opening?

I can't wait to ride this! My sons are especially excited. I won't be able to ride it during our next trip bc I'm expecting, but DH and our boys are going to love it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter