Tessa and Steve's DTW and WDWH PJ

Alarose

Mouseketeer
Ummm DWT- Disney Touches Wedding??? I don't know. I am not having a Walt Disney World wedding, but my wedding will have some Disney Touches in Iowa? Also, WDWH- Walt Disney World Honeymoon...mabye you figured that already. :3dglasses

Well…ok, here it goes! I’ve loved reading through other peoples’ trip reports so much that I’ve decided to try one of my own. Now, I KNOW it is not going to be as exciting or grand as others…first of all, I am not getting married at Disneyworld, but I am honeymooning in Disneyworld (woot woot…still excited lol). I AM going to have a Disney themed wedding though. :cool1:

The reason that I decided to post this today is because I BOOKED MY PLANE AND ROOM-ONLY RESERVATIONS LAST WEEK. Woot woot! :banana: Sorry had to get that out. Yup, we are officially going to Disneyworld for our honeymoon from January 8th-15th. We weren’t sure if we were going to be able to financially afford it, but decided we needed to try anyway. LOL, doesn’t that sound grand? That is part of the reason why we are waiting until January to go instead of October. Also, my Fiancé doesn’t get his week of vacation until January (it will be a year from when he first started working).

General Information:
My Fiancé’s name is Steve. We have been together for over a year. We are both 24 years old. He is an auto mechanic and I’m an elementary/special education teacher (substituting at the moment). We are getting married in Iowa on October 25th, 2008 in my hometown church. My colors are eggplant (dark purple) and wheat (the color and the plant). The wedding is going to have ‘Disney touches.’

100_1143.jpg

About Us:
How we met:
Well, Steve was at an all boy birthday party, and I crashed it with a friend of mine. We ended up staying for quite a few hours (they wouldn‘t let us leave!). During the next couple of weeks I went on a couple of double dates…but not with Steve. My friend and Steve actually simi-hooked up for a little bit. I was simi-dating another guy…ummm I’ll call him Mr. X. Neither relationship worked out. Well, my friend (the one who kind of dated Steve…just didn’t work out for the two of them. He was too much of a ‘good church boy’ for her) and another friend really worked at getting Steve and I together. Up until this point, I had really tried not to get involved in a friend dating another friend’s friend. Even though it didn’t get very serious. They finally they set-up a triple date (and I must say I didn’t know it was a triple date until the night or two before) on April 12, 2007. After that date though, there have been very few weeks sense April 12th that we haven’t seen each other.

IMG_0230.jpg

Rough Stuff:
I just had to mention this. Steve is really an amazing guy. He is probably one of the most patient and understanding guys I have ever and will ever meet. Here is the deal. Years ago, something pretty terrible happened to me that makes romantic ‘male relationships’ really hard. Steve is actually the first and only real relationship I’ve ever been in. I had kind of tried before, but it was just too hard. The first sign of affection from a guy that was even a little more than a look made me run. Steve is one of the most patient guys that I have ever known. This guy waited two months, until I was completely comfortable, to touch me more than holding my hand (even around the shoulder, head on my lap), three and a half months until I was comfortable enough for him to kiss me (third time was the charm…lol), 5 months for me to say I love you back to him (he had said it month 4), and there have been a couple other firsts… There were quite a few times this year when I became overwhelmed, and I’ve ashamed to admit I wanted to run, but he sensed it and moved back for me (does that makes sense…would go back to the hand holding stage). I am crying right now writing this. I just wanted to let you guys a taste of why I love this guy so much. I know every woman loves her man for different reasons, but I really think I found a unique one.

IMG_0239.jpg

The engagement:
It was a beautiful day…one of the first we have had for awhile. Steve took me on a motorcycle ride. He took me out to a park, and we just stood around there for awhile talking. It didn't seem like we were going or doing anything. I asked him, "So, what are we doing?" He said, "I don't know." I then asked, "Where are we going." His reply was, "Well, I guess right here is ok, " and he got down on one knee. He told me he loved me, got out this BEAUTIFUL ring, and asked me to marry him. I can’t remember if I said yes before or after I tackled him. I do remember him telling me to get up because I was making this hard. It was PERFECT! Everything was perfect.

IMG_0390.jpg

(More coming) (dress, bridesmaid...)

Ok...now

The wedding:

Ok, I am not exactly how to describe some of these things…so I am going to just post some pictures.

The Wedding dress:

This is my wedding dress. Like many other women have said, it was one of the first ones I tried on…and even though I tried on many others, I knew it was ‘the dress.’

of503324426.jpg

IMG_0373.jpg

The tiara is mine too!

11.jpg

This is one idea I have for my hair. I really like it!
hair.jpg

Bridesmaid dresses:
These are my bridesmaid dresses except they will not be red but Eggplant (a very deep purple). This is my Matron of Honor, my sister Lesa.

IMG_0398.jpg

IMG_0399.jpg

IMG_0400.jpg

Here is the color of my bridesmaid dresses (not the dress)...at least pretty close

F6245B.jpg

Here are some flowers I like. I actually really like a different picture, but it is from a magazine. I'll try to scan it later. I also want to work some wheat in the flowers somehow too.

flowers.jpg

Bridesmaids/groomsmen:

I don’t have pictures of the groomsmen (a few…but not many), but I am going to post pictures of all my bridesmaid. We are each going to have 6.

My Matron of honor: my sister Lesa (the modeler of the bridemaid dress earlier) :)

My Maid of honor: my best childhood friend Tiffany

n59203866_30705134_8092.jpg

Bridesmaid: My sister-in-law (my brother’s wife…). We are pretty good friends too.

n559857340_150691_2878-1.jpg

Bridesmaid: My sister-in-law and friend Jill (gotten to know her very well this past year). Groomsmen: her husband’s name is Louie, and he is also one of Steve’s groomsmen.

n1225006946_6423.jpg

Bridesmaid: My good friend and roommate in Iowa City, Kymberly (and she is holding my cat Meeko)
n123600240_30075021_4854.jpg

Bridesmaid: A good college friend, Brenda (and me!)
n123600412_30162262_1769.jpg

Bestman: Steve’s brother-in-law Louie (in earlier picture with my bridesmaid Jill). He has been staying with Jill and Louie the past couple of years, so he has gotten very close to them.

Groomsmen: Steve’s brother Dave. Also in the picture is my future mother-in-law Luann
P1171418_FS.jpg

Groomsmen: Simon, Steve’s cousin and good friend.

n184802614_30366831_1618.jpg

Groomsmen: Mark, also Steve’s brother. No picture.

Groomsmen: Jeffery, also Steve’s brother (lots of brothers). No picture.

Groomsmen: James, a good friend of Steve’s from college. Also no picture.

The Invitations

I do not have these bought yet, but here are some invitations that we are thinking about (within our price range too).

WV149.jpg

WV183.jpg

The Church:

This is going to be a fairly elegant and simple Christian Wedding ceremony. My brother, who is an ELCA pastor, is going to marry us. Steve’s pastor is going to do the message. We are also having my home pastor do the announcements and Gospel reading (yes, three pastors).

My brother Steve (yes, my brother's name is Steve and so is my husband to be lol) and my sister-in-law Lisa (pictured above also)

n559857340_410273_5621.jpg

My soloist:
A good friend of mine is going to sing a couple of songs for me. Right now we are planning on ’The Rose” by Bette Midler and ’Bless the Broken Road’ by Rascal Flatts. She is a beautiful singer! She is an musician (stage name is Michelle Lynn…) and is known more around Southeastern Minnesota / Northeastern Iowa / Southwestern Wisconsin tri-state area. If you go to her myspace page you can hear some of her songs. http://www.myspace.com/michellelynnsongs

1271884155_l.jpg

We are expecting somewhere between 300 and 400 people to show for the wedding/reception. We are both from small areas (it seems like in smaller towns more people know each other and are expected invites to weddings…I may be wrong) and have large families.

I do not have my vows or readings picked out yet. I am hoping my brother can help me with that.

At the wedding, I would like to put bundles of wheat like this tied to the center aisles throughout the middle of the church.

ProFlow_Wheat.jpg

The Reception:

We are going to have the reception at one of the most beautiful places around this part of the area. The Barn Restaurant. I have spent the last hour or so looking for more pictures, but I can’t seem to find any more. The Barn is a restaurant (excellent food) and wedding reception hall. It is very rustic and romantic. I will continue looking for more pictures.

TheBarn.jpg

Music:
Ok, I don’t think I mentioned one of the things that I am most excited about…we are having Karaoke at the reception! I know that might sound really cheesy and hokey to some of you, but if you knew my family and friend you would agree that it is so perfect. I am SOOO excited!

We are also going to have a DJ. We are going to do a half hour/hour of music and then a half hour/hour of Karaoke…switching back and forth.

I’ve already got some of our dance songs picked out
- Cake cutting song: Be Our Guest- Beauty and the Beast
- Father/daughter and mother/son dance (doing it together): You’ll Be in my Heart- Phil
Collins (from Tarzan)
- Last Dance: Hit the Road Jack- Buster Poindextor or Ray Charles

To start off the Karaoke…the bridesmaids and I are going to give a show by singing ‘I Won’t Say I’m in Love,’ from Hercules (I’m singing lead and they are the backup). I love singing Karaoke…not very shy lol.

Disney touches
Ok, this is where the Disney Touches will be worked in. I am really trying not to make this wedding scream DISNEY. I love disney, and I love fairy tale weddings...but I still want to keep it elegant and fun. These ideas are still a work in progress. Any ideas or suggestions would be great appreciated!

The Cake: Ok…I will need some help. I know I got this picture off disboards somewhere, but no I can’t find where or who to credit. I love this cake though! We will make some changes though. First of all, no Mickey and Minnie on the top. I am thinking either our initials or a princess tiara (will need to discuss this with my Fiancé). Also, The cake colors will be white with off white Mickeys. Also some dark purple trimming. Maybe some wheat on the side.

cake.jpg

Decorations

Now, I don’t have these in my collection yet, but I am going to eBay a Cinderella glass slipper and Alladin oil lamp for the cake table. They will just be worked right into the decorations. So, something like this.
2dda_1.jpg

e6ab_1_b.jpg

These are the decorations that we are planning on getting for the reception tables. I love the carriage! I do not have these bought yet, but we have it figured into our budget. We aren’t sure if we are going to decorate the carriage a little with wheat or ribbon or not. I am thinking they will look elegant enough untouched…we’ll see though.

20010-1-w.jpg

of50588443.jpg

I picture a wheat vase like this on the head table. Maybe with some more purples worked into it.

WheatCenterpiece.jpg

Your plans look great! Your dress is beautiful! I'm exciting to see how you work Disney into your wedding.

I'm not getting married at Disney World either (we're honeymooning just like you), but you'll find that every person's wedding here is just as special, no matter where it is.

Your dress is beautiful, and I (despite knowing I should not, having five cats of my own) want to hug Meeko repeatedly! :lmao:

Your plans look great! Your dress is beautiful! I'm exciting to see how you work Disney into your wedding.

Thank you! I am still working on how to work 'Disney' into my wedding, but I feel I have a pretty good start. :)

I'm not getting married at Disney World either (we're honeymooning just like you), but you'll find that every person's wedding here is just as special, no matter where it is.

Your dress is beautiful, and I (despite knowing I should not, having five cats of my own) want to hug Meeko repeatedly! :lmao:

LOL...thank you! She is a very hugable kitty! Lots of charactor...but don't they all lol

Yay! I found your PJ! (As if it's an accomplishment, it's in your siggy...but here I am!) And already everything sounds *gorgeous*!!! I love the colors and I especially love that you're using wheat as decorations- it's beautiful and terribly underappreciated! (I'm a baker, okay? Wheat is a big deal to me.)

Anyway! Seeing that you were using wheat for your decorations/centerpieces and stuff, it made me think of something I saw. We have a place here in WV that sells crafts made by WV artisans and one that I had seen was woven wheat. There are all sorts of really beautiful designs like little hearts and things- really darling stuff!

Keep up the great planning and I can't wait to see more!

Yay! I found your PJ! (As if it's an accomplishment, it's in your siggy...but here I am!) And already everything sounds *gorgeous*!!! I love the colors and I especially love that you're using wheat as decorations- it's beautiful and terribly underappreciated! (I'm a baker, okay? Wheat is a big deal to me.)

Anyway! Seeing that you were using wheat for your decorations/centerpieces and stuff, it made me think of something I saw. We have a place here in WV that sells crafts made by WV artisans and one that I had seen was woven wheat. There are all sorts of really beautiful designs like little hearts and things- really darling stuff!

Keep up the great planning and I can't wait to see more!

Lol...Congrats on finding my PJ! No...I really had some trouble with it at first. I created this about a week ago, but didn't have too much on because I was having SOOO much trouble with the pictures. I FINALLY have photobucket figured out and my camera software fixed.

I love wheat too...it is beautiful and simple and screams fall! lol...right now I am not in much of a 'falley' mood, but I will be again. As a baker you might know this? How would bundles of wheat be prices compared to flowers? I bet I could just talk to my florist.

That artisans crafts sounds beautiful. I should look around here to see if they have anything. hmmm?

That centerpiece is just - Wow! I love it.

Thank you! I do love them! I think they will look beautiful together too. For awhile we were trying to make Cinderella carriages out of little pumpkins, but this is much easier lol .

Hi, welcome to the board! I love your dress!:goodvibes

Thank you very much. I love it too. :banana:

Everything looks great! Your dress is beautiful and so is the bouquet. Looking forward to hearing the rest of your plans.

As a baker you might know this? How would bundles of wheat be prices compared to flowers? I bet I could just talk to my florist.

Sorry, but I usually just deal with the stuff that's already ground up! :rotfl: I do have to say though that prices of wheat products (i.e. flour) have gone up a little. (I think it's due to the fact that farmers were planting more corn than wheat in order to get into the boom for ethanol production) I don't know for sure yet how planting is going to go this year, but I'm pretty sure wheat is still cheaper than fresh flowers!

Congrats again and I forgot to mention before that that dress is gorgeous on you! Good luck! :thumbsup2

Great start to the PJ! Can't wait to hear all your details!

Thank you! Working on it! :surfweb: :cool1:

:hyper: popcorn::

Love your bouquet!!!:goodvibes

I really like it too. Thanks! Not exactly sure what exactly the end result will be, but I like the craziness of that one. Pretty colors too!

everything is so beautiful....:cutie:

Thank you! It is really coming together now! :banana:

Everything looks great! Your dress is beautiful and so is the bouquet. Looking forward to hearing the rest of your plans.

Thanks! I'm happy so far with everything! :)

Sorry, but I usually just deal with the stuff that's already ground up! :rotfl: I do have to say though that prices of wheat products (i.e. flour) have gone up a little. (I think it's due to the fact that farmers were planting more corn than wheat in order to get into the boom for ethanol production) I don't know for sure yet how planting is going to go this year, but I'm pretty sure wheat is still cheaper than fresh flowers!

Congrats again and I forgot to mention before that that dress is gorgeous on you! Good luck! :thumbsup2

Thanks so much Aeriel! It would make sense that you would work only with the end product. :cool1: Thanks for the compliment about the dress! I love it too!

So, three more days of school left here! Woot woot! I've got three days of school left (subbing). Then I'm workig at moving :banana:

Ahhh sigh, friends, it is only June 2nd and I have almost an entire month until I can move closer to be with my fiancé! This seems to just be getting harder and harder!

Is it ridiculous that the closest we have lived to each other is over an hour away? We still see each other once or twice a week. When we see each other, it is 24/7 too (we stay at each other places). I think we end up making up for hours, but living so far away is just unnatural. The weeks are just so rough. I had SUCH a rough time getting to sleep last night! :faint:

When we first started dating, from like April until August, we lived an hour and twenty minutes away. Before we started dating, I signed a lease for a place with a friend here in Iowa City. So, I was stuck! I really didn’t expect any relationship to last longer than the summer. It did. I moved in August and we still continued to see each other. He is now and has been two hours away. :worried:

To make matters even worse, in February one of the guys at the mechanic shop quit (just horrible hours there…great people, but they are open 7 days a week), and the guys started having to do 6 day weeks…THAT WAS 5 MONTHS AGO!!!! :badpc: They don’t have anyone hired yet! Ok, at first the extra overtime money was great, but we have usually only been seeing each other once a week. Every once in awhile Steve gets antsy and drives down to Iowa City to see me mid-week (when he gets off work at 3:00 and doesn’t have to work until 11:00). :goodvibes Also, every once in awhile his day off falls around the weekend, so I come up and hang out while he is at work for a day.

By the way, right now Steve has been staying with his Sister and brother-in-law (for the past year), so even though they say I am welcomed anytime for no matter how long, I really don’t want to overstay my welcome.

I am just so sick of this. I miss him! :( I’ve got this ring on my finger and I haven’t seen my Fiance’ sense LAST Sunday (not even this Sunday…his day off feel on a Sunday and then the next Saturday).

:hug: My DF is a mechanic too! He used to have horrible hours (7:30-6) but now he only works until 4. So I can relate to you about the hours. A month will go by fast! And, the next thing you know, you'll be married!!

I've done long distance, and I don't envy you. I know how difficult it can be.

I can tell you that I'm the most impatient person in the world, and when I got engaged, the wedding was over nine months away. I didn't think the time would pass, especially because the weather up here this winter was so bad (it was more about the weather than the wedding!).

Now it's three and a half months away! It's got to be the weather that makes it go by quickly.

It's so difficult, I know. But try to immerse yourself in wedding plans, and hopefully, you'll wake up to seeing the calendar is a month later!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter