Terra Nova Guy and the Raiders of the Lost Park - an August 2018 TR *updated 01/13

Discussion in 'Disney Trip Reports' started by Terra Nova guy, Sep 5, 2018.

1. MeghanEmily

MeghanEmily DIS Veteran

As much as it's unfortunate the Tish was down for the count that morning, it's nice that you were able to get some touring time with your daughters! I'm with you about Jasmine's new outfit. I'm not a huge fan. But I've heard that Jasmine often got a pretty hard time from creepy guests, so maybe they were trying to avoid that. If I had my 'druthers, I'd just rather there just be a way to smarten up the creepy guests though.

ariane37 and Terra Nova guy like this.
  2. Steppesister

Steppesister DIS Veteran

Wow! That is a pretty extreme case of BUMMER!! :(

Not always a bad thing and in this case, maybe a win-win.

:scared1: Just after rope drop?

Yes, we can add The V1agra Tower to the Puke Cups.

So much this.

Why?! Why don't they install a barf bag distribution stations at the exit to the Puke Cups?

Soarin' used to fly over my childhood house. Was so sad to see that one go.

This is a 100% plausible theory.

[​IMG]

Best one to pause in.

You need cold booze.

Aw, such a shame, Jeff. I know you'd really enjoy this.

You need cold booze.

Like I said, you need cold booze.

Theeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeere it is. ;)

I KNEW IT!

Best table back there! Sat there a few times myself.

My take on it too. I'll go on it just for the AC and to get off my feet.

Can't remember my answer to #1, but nailed 2 and 3. Woot!

1. After.

2. Tiana and Pocahontas?

3. Beaches and Cream

Terra Nova guy likes this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. pkondz

pkondz . . Dis Dad #797 . . Hoping to get lucky

Yep.

:sad2: is correct.

Wish they didn't have those. Especially (maybe that's why) since there are so few rides worth getting FP for in the first place.

Not bad.

Word of advice. When you get to the point where they tell you where to sit... Just say "could we get middle top row please?" You may have to wait until the next show, but who cares? So you wait an extra 5 minutes. Big deal. And...

… you won't have to be subjected to that!

I just heard about that. odd.

Well... okay, that's cool at least. Did you wave?

Really, that's all you need.

:laughing:

Not bad at all!

You know... you could be exactly right.

Travesty of epic proportions... because now you see less of her epic proportions.

My least favourite pavilion. Just doesn't appeal to me.

Dude.... ditch the kids and get a Grey Goose slush!

Narcoleptic Princess.

Mind you they don't look like they suffered too much.

It's a nice break. Nice scenery and... you sit… in air conditioning.

Told you! Possibly my favourite drink. (I don't consider Dole whip float a drink)

I've only had the lemon. I should try the orange... but I know I'll like the lemon better.

Awwww... :)

Oh? Hadn't heard of that. huh.

1. before
    2. No frickin' way am I going back! Pocahantas… and... no clue.
    3. Beaches & Cream

5. kastoney

kastoney Disney foodie served with a side of sarcasm

I think your definition of chipper is very different from mine :-)

Casey kept getting mickey straws everywhere we went and here I thought it was because she was "special." I totally didn't catch on to it being part of anything vaguely "environmental." But surely using a straw made from more plastic is more friendly :P

This is one of our favorite spots to watch the fireworks. We are not good waiters and hate crowds and in Fantasyland you don' have to worry about either!

Woohoo!!!!!!!!!

Better step that princess game up!

This outfit is so bad. Again clueless me had no idea it was political correctness that changed the outfit, I just thought it was time for a change. Now I'm very curious to see how they dress live action Jasmine.

Yikes!!! Wonder what the hold up was?

How fun! I didn't know they did such a thing when she arrived. We seem to have an uncanny ability to walk by at the end of her set when they have shut the line down.

Sorry your wife wasn't feeling great, but looks like you and the girls had a good - albeit hot - day by yourselves

6. suse66

suse66 Mickey Bars should be a daily food group!

A 65 min wait time first thing in the morning....no thanks!

I refer to it a Soarin' through Space now.....

Love Belle! I had a great meet with her too!

The lemon is yummy! You really have to like Grand Marnier if you do the orange as that is what it is mixed with.

Yum! I had the raspberry macaron ice cream sandwich this summer and wondered about the chocolate one. Glad Katie enjoyed it!

Sweet!

1.I think it rains before and you ride at the end of the night.
    2. Merida and Pocahontas
    3. Beaches and Cream!

Last edited: Dec 28, 2018
  7. Terra Nova guy

Terra Nova guy DIS Dad #811 Newfoundland, Canada

Ahem...well if you want to get technical about it, (and I’m geeky like that so why not burst your bubble) you came close but not quite. Pocahontas and Merida are Princesses too.
    Anna and Elsa were never added as “official” Disney Princesses and just stayed under the Frozen brand (although we have always met them too). Elena is on her own since she’s Disney Junior.
    Disney Princess is just a marketing scheme that was created for the 9 Princesses in existence at the time, from Snow White up to Tiana. Rapunzel and Merida were added after their movies and had official coronation ceremonies.
    Hey, I admitted I was a geek.

Rides. Even they will take a break from Princesses sometimes

Exactly. If it’s ok for Ariel, why not Jasmine. Did she even wear that dress in the movie?

Yes definitely a hot morning, we were ready to get out of the sun

Epcot is really the key if you’re going to attempt meeting them all. Or a princess meal of course

Yep, I really don’t recall that outfit in the movie. I just don’t think it was necessary when Ariel has her clamshells on display (not that I want that to be changed!)

Very good effort, so close. Pocahontas and you would have had it all right!

disneyAndi14 likes this.
  8. Terra Nova guy

I certainly sympathize with anyone having to deal with a creepy guest but I also would rather have seen them deal with the creepers somehow. Is her new outfit ever featured in the movie?
    Do they still sell the old Jasmine outfit to children? I never noticed. Makes you wonder.

It kind of was. DW was close to being broken at that point so she needed the break.

Yes I was surprised and disappointed. I checked Touring Plans and even they were showing a long wait

Hehe. I was going to make some kind of joke like that but wondered if it would get past the Dis filters

I definitely would but after that long wait for Aurora we just weren’t up for it. I’ll just have to keep watching on YouTube

It was on my to do list for a long time. Worth the wait!

So close to 100%
    Nobody thinks about my dear Merida

MeghanEmily likes this.
  9. MeghanEmily

MeghanEmily DIS Veteran

I didn't answer this question earlier, but just piping up here that Merida is my FAVOURITE!!! :lovestruc:lovestruc My Merida Disney pin collection is a source of great pride, and she's one of my favourite meet and greets!

ariane37 and Terra Nova guy like this.
  10. Jenny Sanders

Jenny Sanders DIS Veteran

OMG! This made me LOL!!!! I remembered Pocahontas later but forgot ALL about Merida...

11. missangelalexis

missangelalexis DIS Veteran

Sounds like a nice time in Epcot with the girls! Dad of the year for meeting all those princesses!!

1. Tonight is finally time to use our Slinky Dog Dash FP. Unfortunately rain closes the ride. But, is this before or after we try to ride? Before

2. Have you been paying attention? We’ve now met 9 of the 11 official Disney Princesses. Which two are left to meet? (And if you have the time and determination to go back through the 17 pages of this TR, bravo! You’ve earned this answer!) I haven't been paying close enough attention!

3. We have an ADR later tonight. We leave Hollywood Studios to go to this place, so it’s somewhat close by. Which restaurant?

Beaches & Cream

12. khertz

khertz Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!

Poor Tish!! That really stinks, but it sounds like the break from the parks was much needed. Hopefully it gave her the rest she needed to enjoy the rest of the trip.

World Showcase is the best place to knock lots of Princesses off the meet list! We have dealt with a diva Princess who showed up way late for her meet, so late we didn't have time to wait and it left me with a blank spot in DS's autograph book...Tiana! I guess it could be that she's from New Orleans and we are notoriously late for everything, but still!! lol

13. Terra Nova guy

DW just hates walking around WS. I really think we need to do a leisurely drink/eat around the world, just two of us. She might enjoy it more.

I definitely thought about doing that but the girls probably would have thought I was nuts and I sort of wanted to leave it to chance and see if the warping was as bad as people said. It is...

Nah, only the cat was home and she was probably asleep

Ariel does have the best outfit these days

Or else, why wouldn’t they just have the start times go in order so you could comfortably walk around WS

The outside is not that great but there’s something that appeals to me with the fountains in the back. No sun is the biggest appeal

Not really, just a little sun kissed

I was going to post a picture but it would have been my 11th and I didn’t feel like starting a new post. If I ever do another TR I need to look into one of the photo hosting sites
    Anyway this is the picture of the animatronics I mentioned.

upload_2018-12-28_15-43-30.jpeg

Man, everyone is getting so close to 100% except for poor Merida

14. Terra Nova guy

While I have no doubt that your dear Casey is quite special, as far as I'm aware the straws were an environmental thing. Again, how I don't quite understand...

I would definitely watch there again Not the first show of a trip because I do like the projections, but if it was a second show, absolutely.

I don't know if Disney actually came out officially and said the costume change was PC. They did refresh most of the Princess costumes over the last few years, with Jasmine's being the most obvious. I don't even recall that outfit in the movie.
    Like I mentioned before, if Ariel can have her clam shells out, why can't Jasmine display her lamps?

Slaying Prince Philip's dragon, perhaps?

I can't say I ever remember having Grand Marnier. I may prefer the lemon, but would like to give the orange a try one day too.

Mine too! Partly because I lived in Scotland for a year, but I also enjoyed her movie.

kastoney and MeghanEmily like this.
  15. MeghanEmily

MeghanEmily DIS Veteran

Oh, I didn't know this about you, Jeff! I'd love to visit Scotland someday. I like Merida because she's spunky, and independent, and she's not afraid to be proud of herself and the things she's good at. She's a little stubborn and careless sometimes, but her heart is in the right place. And she's got awesome hair! And I'm a big soundtrack fan, and I think the soundtrack for Brave is super cool.

16. disneyAndi14

disneyAndi14 DIS Veteran

Oh boy, I was going to say Pocahontas except I was thinking they had to be in the same park for some dumb reason, so went with the 2 in MK, oh well, I was close!

17. pkondz

pkondz . . Dis Dad #797 . . Hoping to get lucky

Try that. Maybe not even the whole world in a day. Do some. Take the boat back.

Now you know. And now you won't.

Or climbing the drapes.

::yes::::yes::

Hmmm... To each his own.

Oh! Huh. Cool! Never knew.

18. buzzrelly

buzzrelly DIS Veteran

Your poor wife, but I totally agree with her about EPCOT. In fact, when we go in April we only have three park days before our cruise and I think we are skipping it, though I am going to miss seeing the beautiful flowers :flower1:

I miss those orange groves too :sad2:

Good to know…I still haven't made it on the new version yet.

19. ariane37

ariane37 Dis veteran

I love this comment :P but I am not one for political correctness and the outfit SUCKS.

Whoo! Very proud of you!
    #sunshineinaglass

I feel bad when I say things like this (not really) but......something looks a tad "off" with your Snow White :scratchin Not that I could do better, but.......yeah.

Poor Tish! I hope the rest helped but it stinks to NEED to not go to a park :(

20. Captain_Oblivious

Captain_Oblivious DIS Dad #257

That stinks. Hope the rest helped her.

Knowing what I know now, I wonder if that was the actual wait or if they were trying to discourage people from getting in line.

That's an understatement!

Well, there you go. I didn't see "Jeff's House" labeled on the map, though.

So you had that going for you, which is nice.

Hmmm...I would accuse you of wearing a tin-foil hat here, but something about it has the ring of truth.

:rolleyes1

Good grief. That's pretty bad, especially with no explanation. I'd be ticked too.

And the song isn't as annoying as the other indoor boat ride.

Since you bring it up, I'll say it's before.

Have I been paying attention? Um, well...

I have no idea. I'll say Merida and Leia.

Trattoria Al Forno

21. Terra Nova guy

I was hoping you would pick up on my lamps and magic carpet comment :rotfl:

I thought the same thing about her.
    I find most of the princesses are a hit or miss.

ariane37 likes this.