Tepan Edo or la Hacienda San Angel

gigi from canada

Mouseketeer
It's our first time at Disney and we are trying to decide between these two restaurants. We are a family of four with two girls ages seven and nine. We are looking for more than just good food but a good dining experience. Both restaurants seem to offer this. We are on the dining plan.

Teppan Edo is the typical hibachi steakhouse where the chef puts on a show as he or she is cooking your food. We just went in December and enjoyed the food OK, but felt like we were squeezed into a sardine can, and there was nothing really unique about it. Our girls -- 10 and 8 -- prefer the comparable Japanese steakhouses where we live. Again, to be fair, the food and service were fine...just not memorable. If your kids haven't done this sort of restaurant, then it would probably be a lot of fun.

Have not done Hacienda but just reserved for July. Looks like a more diverse menu, with some relatively standard favorites for kids (e.g., queso appetizer) but also with some unique options for dinner and dessert. There is also potential for a view of the water. We think we have timed it as well as possible for IllumiNations, but realize there is no guarantee of that.

Teppan Edo!!! It is one of the best restaurants on property!!! Last trip it was so wonderful we decided to cancel Le Cellier to eat there twice!!!! Great food & fun to watch them cook it. Love it!!!

Sent from Tracey's iPhone using DISBoards

Oops! Hit send too fast...

We did not like La Hacienda AT ALL. The food was extremely smokey. We literally left there and walked straight to the turkey leg cart because my boys were still starving. And my family LOVES Mexican food. We eat it two to three times a week at home. If you really want Mexican, go to San Angel Inn instead. But, I'd highly recommend Teppan Edo. :)

Sent from Tracey's iPhone using DISBoards

We've never tried La Hacienda, but have tried Teppan Edo. We really enjoy it there. Good show, very tasty food...can't go wrong. My girls (5 and 9) LOVE it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter