Tender Melt In Your Mouth Pot Roast?

sonogirl

<font color=FF66FF>Fan of the Disney World Snake t
Could somebody please tell me the trick in making pot roast that is tender, cut with your fork, like the rainforest cafe, if you know what I mean. Is it the cut of meat, I have tried different things but it doesn't come close, what am I doing wrong? Thanks, Lori

crock pot! I use a chuck roast and cook it on low in the crock pot for 10-12 hrs.

Here is the recipe I got from a friend...it is to die for Roast beef.

Take a chuck roast. place it in a bag or container with flour, salt, pepper and a little touch of paprika. Shake until well coated. Melt one stick of butter in a heavy pan. Get the butter good and hot. Place the roast in and sear it. Turn it when the side is dark brown (not burnt, but really dark). When all the sides are done, rub all over with Lipton onion soup mix. Then add 2-4 cups of boiling water to the pan with the roast in it. Keep boiling til the sauce thickens. About 20 minutes or so. Place pan in oven on 350 degrees, covered. Bake for 2 hours or until fork tender....turning every half hour. This is by far the best roast beef ever!!! The flavor is very rich, and yummmmmmmmmmm! We just had it two days ago. I do two large roasts at one time (one per pot, then put them into a large roaster in oven) this way I can have plenty of left overs for sandwiches etc.

Yep, crock pot definitely. You can put the toughest meat in a crock pot and it will melt in your mouth. I add 1 envelope of onion soup mix and 1 can of cream of mushroom soup to mine, set it to low and let it cook all day. By dinner time.... yummmmm!

I wanted to add my favorite recipe:

Marie's Easy Slow Cooker Pot Roast

I use a sweet potato instead of the regular potato, and Lipton Beefy Onion soup mix. Layer in the crock this way:

potatoes
carrots
celery
meat
onions
soup mix
water

I also add 1 can of beef broth so it doesn't dry out.

Browning is essential, too! I've lately taken to putting the onions on top of my meat so they don't dissolve.

yum! I'm going to have to put that on my menu for next week!

IF you have a pressure cooker I find this to make the meat as tender as in a crockpot but quicker which is good for me since I am bad about having time in the a.m. to get the crockpot going (I know it's easy but it is so hectic in the mornings). I season my roast and sear it until brown on all sides (as another poster said) and then add to the pressure cooker 1 cup of water, 1 cup of beef broth - I make mine with a bouillion cube, and 1 cup of red wine. Let it cook for 50 minutes after it starts to "rock". Then take off stove and quick cool by running under cold water. Make sure you wait until the pressure drops so you don't get a steam burn. Add baby carrots and cut up potatoes. Put back on heat and cook for 10 more minutes (counted starting when it starts rocking). It is delicious.

yum, that sounds good too. I don't have a pressure cooker though... :( I also don't have time in the mornings. I prep the night before - brown the meat and put everything in the stoneware, then put it in the fridge. In the morning, right before I leave for work, I take it out of the fridge and put it in the crockpot base. Switch to LOW, and Heigh Ho off I go! (I know, I know, lame huh) :rolleyes:

c

check out the food network's web site and look up the good eats episode which dealt with pot roast. There's a really good show on pot roast.

I coat the pot roast in flour, salt, and pepper, then brown it on all sides. Place the roast in a large pot, add a bottle of Guinness, a can of Campbell's French Onion soup, a 1/2 can of water, and a tsp of thyme. Bring the pot to a boil, reduce the heat, and simmer for 4-5 hours. Enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter