Temporarily Locked: Standy Line Open. Boarding Group: Rise of the Resistance *No Spoilers* Thread, Read 1st Post before commenting.

the only limiting factor is after hitting first join it takes a couple seconds.. then I hit join again and get hit with boarding group full :-( I have 1:00 today and two more attempts tomorrow. Any other suggestions?
2-3 minutes before 7 or 1 go ahead and hit the first "Join" button and then back up 1 page. Then when you are ready for the real thing just hit "Join" 3 times quickly.

Dave

2-3 minutes before 7 or 1 go ahead and hit the first "Join" button and then back up 1 page. Then when you are ready for the real thing just hit "Join" 3 times quickly.

Dave
So I’m pretty sure I had clicked first join and the pulled down to refresh at 6:59:59. It is better to back out of that spot an click through join rather than refreshing?

So I’m pretty sure I had clicked first join and the pulled down to refresh at 6:59:59. It is better to back out of that spot an click through join rather than refreshing?
Most people on here use the join x3 method as described in post 1, rather than the refresh method. And most people on here are successful 😁

Let's say I have a reservation for Hollywood Studios. I try for a Boarding Group at 7:00 and fail. I haven't checked into the park yet. Assuming that there's availability at other parks, is there anything that would stop me from cancelling my Hollywood Studios reservation and getting a reservation at a different park?

Yes and, I've heard it recommended that you close all other apps on your phone as that may help too. Hope you got one at 1:00!

Yes and, I've heard it recommended that you close all other apps on your phone as that may help too. Hope you got one at 1:00!
If you are going to do the pull down refresh method you need to do it earlier as it has to send / receive more data from the VQ servers.

Note:The pull down refresh function was to update your list of Virtual Queues list for "multiple attraction BGs" or to have a BG that another member of your group gets added to your MDE from your Friends & Family list.

The pull down refresh was not designed to be used this way, you really should consider using the Home (main) screen or navigating to the VQ page tile from the "Hamburger" page (3 horizontal line link at the bottom of each page. Click on the Virtual Queues tile and just watch the clock you will already have a "Join" button. It does not need to change to blue just start hitting it a 7:00 AM.

Dave

It appears to be back up as they're calling up to group 38 now. Not sure if they'll reach 102 but glad to hear it's running again.
The Force was with them....they made it, but barely. Last BG called for the day was 103! I tracked it all day, and probably stressing more than they were. So glad they made it on! They only had 2 days at WDW, only 1 HS day.

So my sister in law is on my MDE (and me on hers) they are there this week and we go at the end of august- will we mess each other up with boarding groups? Will I have to remove her from the list first before I hit the second join? I dont want to mess my chances up or theirs. I have practiced and get to the screen that says everyone must have a reservation.

New practice issue that I have seen twice now. After hitting the second join, my screen freezes up on the party screen. I quickly go back and reclick the 2nd join. Then the party screen populates. I have still been able to have a successful practice. I am hoping it is a data issue that will go away when I have a freshly rebooted phone with nothing open. Anyone else seen this lately?

So my sister in law is on my MDE (and me on hers) they are there this week and we go at the end of august- will we mess each other up with boarding groups? Will I have to remove her from the list first before I hit the second join? I dont want to mess my chances up or theirs. I have practiced and get to the screen that says everyone must have a reservation.
No. Only those on the list with a park pass for that day should be pre-selected when you hit join.

New practice issue that I have seen twice now. After hitting the second join, my screen freezes up on the party screen. I quickly go back and reclick the 2nd join. Then the party screen populates. I have still been able to have a successful practice. I am hoping it is a data issue that will go away when I have a freshly rebooted phone with nothing open. Anyone else seen this lately?
I haven't. Maybe your app needs to be updated to the latest version?

I had the same thing happen a few minutes ago when I was practicing but I didn't need to click go back. It did take a bit longer than normal for the party screen to show up but once it did I quickly clicked, 'select all' and saw the message asking if everyone had a park reservation so it was a successful practice, just a bit slower than other days.

I haven't. Maybe your app needs to be updated to the latest version?

I did have an update available, so that is probably at least part of it. I will certainly check that on my park day. My practicing has been trying to see if I can be successful with "no help" (not rebooting or closing programs). I mostly have been.

If I fail at 7 am, can my wife and son leave the park for a rest as long as I stay in the park and try again at 1 pm since their tickets are on my phone with with my own?

If I fail at 7 am, can my wife and son leave the park for a rest as long as I stay in the park and try again at 1 pm since their tickets are on my phone with with my own?
Yes, as long as everyone in your party scans into the park before 1pm, you can be anywhere to try for a boarding group at 1pm.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter