Temperature in Magic dining rooms?

Werner Weiss

Curator of Yesterland
We're now starting to think about what to pack for the formal nights -- and whether my wife and daughters can pack dresses that they already own, or whether they need to shop.

Would "winter weight" dresses, such as velvet (or even flannel) dresses, be uncomfortable on a Spring cruise, or are the dining rooms so air conditioned that it it wouldn't be a problem?

In other words, how warm or cold are the dining rooms?

We just returned from a four day cruise on 1/17. The dining room temps were comfortable - air conditioned but not chilly. Certainly not overly warm. Many people wore long sleeves and didn't seem to be uncomfortable. There are no really formal nights on a four day cruise, although I guess there are on the seven night. I don't think that lightweight winter clothing would be too much, but they would be equally as comfortable in short sleeves or lighter weight materials, as well.

Similar question...
When traveling in the winter is it appropriate to wear velvet, etc. dresses for formal or does everyone wear more lightweight summer/spring as it is a caribbean cruise :)

When I suggested that our daughters wear black velvet dresses during a Spring cruise, my wife replied that it would be most inappropriate. (So although my original concern was the temperature of the dining rooms, the real issue seems to be what's appropriate.) I guess I don't know anything about seasonal or regional fashion rules.

Right now, I wish that every night would be "resort casual suggested." Unfortunately, that's not the case, at least if we want to dine in the dining rooms instead of the buffet.

Now I need to figure out what's appropriate Spring formal attire for pre-teen girls.

Just back. There were lots of velvet dresses on our cruise--but we weren't a spring cruise. I was very disappointed in the attire for the 2nd formal night (actually labeled semi-formal) we had late seating in Parrot Cay, and my husband was one of the few men in the room wearing a suit and tie. Most men were in shirt sleeves--several pairs of jeans. i am wondering if they went by restaurant and ignored the dress code. Even our table mate, who wore a tux on Sunday was not in a coat. The women seemed more dressy than the men--some beautiful gowns on this trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!