Tell us your upgrade story from regular room to suite!

I have already put this on a thread recently, but I'll put my upgrade in.
We were supposed to be in a Garden Cottage @ BWI for Oct. & I had been trying to change it because I heard it's more for Honeymooners & there was myself, DH, DD-14, & DS-17.
I got a call stating that our room that we were staying in was being renovated -they are taking out the sofa beds downstairs, so she asked me if it was ok that she put us in a 2 Bdrm suite @ BWI-SO EXCITED!!!!!!

I have already put this on a thread recently, but I'll put my upgrade in.
We were supposed to be in a Garden Cottage @ BWI for Oct. & I had been trying to change it because I heard it's more for Honeymooners & there was myself, DH, DD-14, & DS-17.
I got a call stating that our room that we were staying in was being renovated -they are taking out the sofa beds downstairs, so she asked me if it was ok that she put us in a 2 Bdrm suite @ BWI-SO EXCITED!!!!!!

WOW! How exciting. Happy for you:):):cool1::cool1:

About 2 yrs ago, during the busy week of 4th of July, our family of 4 had 2 preferred connecting rooms booked at Pop. We checked in very early that morning and was told room was not ready, but we would get the test later on when it was. Well, the test never came. That afternoon, I went back up to the front desk to be told that the resort was booked SOLID with NO rooms available. The people who were in the rooms that were assigned to us had had a medical emergency that resulted to them being hospitalized. Due to this, they could not check out and Disney was not going to go into their room and remove their things. The front desk apologized over and over to us that there wasn't any rooms to put us in. They told us they were calling around to find somewhere to put us. So, after another hr, we were being told that they had 2 connecting rooms at the Beach Club for us PLUS they were giving us a $100 Disney gift card for our inconvienence! Our trip was planned on limited funds and this was really an unexpected blessing for us (even though I felt bad for the people who were in the hospital!) Of course this upgrade totally started my husband's love of the Beach Club and we have since stayed there many times! :cool1:

And also last month we were staying just 1 night at All Star Music in a standard room before checking in for a 6 night stay at POR. When we got there, we were told they had upgraded us to the family suite because there were a lot of tour groups there and they wanted to keep them together. We were really impressed with the Family Suite and would happily book and pay for hat in the future!

The best surprise was when we checked in near midnight in Atlantic City for my birthday. We got an upgrade that was a 2 bedroom suite, with a happy birthday wish from the desk clerk. Our room was two rooms with a dash in-between, like 1102-1103. Inside that main door, was two more doors, one labeled 1102, the other 1103. (that's just an example, I forget the room numbers!) The first room had a dining room, kitchen, wetbar, living room, a huge bathroom, it had a hottub that could sleep 3 and two showers!! One stall one and one with a bathtub!

My favorite part of OP's post was that the hottub could sleep 3.
:giggle:
Must've been a fun birthday!
;)

Back in October of 2008, my dad and stepmom did a spur-of-the-moment long weekend trip to WDW, and decided to stay at the Wilderness Lodge. As they were checking in, they were asked if it was a special occasion trip. When they said, "no", the CM said, "come on, there's nothing you can think of that you might be celebrating??" The CM was smiling and willing them to say so, so they said something (I don't remember what) and were immediately upgraded to the concierge level of WL!

They had such a lovely time, and considering that my stepmom's mother was seriously ill (and passed away a few weeks after they returned home), it was some well-needed pixie dust right before a rather sad Christmas.

We booked a reservation at POR one year. We loved POR the one time we stayed there in the past and were excited to return. When I checked in the CM said they overbooked and asked if she could move us to a different resort. When I asked where she replied to Old Key West. We had never stayed in a deluxe resort and were happy for the upgrade and to move to the studio room and try out a new resort. They called a cab, handed us $10 and we were on our way within 10 minutes. Had a great time at OKW that year.

Mine isn't a true upgrade, but it put a huge smile on my family's faces. Last November, we headed down to celebrate my 40th birthday. We are DVC members and booked a 2 bdrm. When we walked up to our room, I noticed that we were in a corner room off the lobby. The 2 bdrm we were assigned was not your typical 2 bdrm. It was gigantic. We had so much space! Our kids were blown away. :goodvibes

My favorite part of OP's post was that the hottub could sleep 3.
:giggle:
Must've been a fun birthday!
;)

LOL! Well the worst part is that it was SO late we could not show it to anyone but my hubby!! It was midnight when we checked in and I called friends, but it was just too late and too far away. We had a whole extra hotel room and pull out sofas...and it was just us. Crazy! And the hot tub was VERY welcome!! LOL. I swear it was a mini pool!

Best upgrade ever! DD, DS inlaw, 2DGS, DH, and I were staying at Polynesian in 2 separate rooms for one night in June with a MK view. We arrived to be greeted by name when getting off magical express. We were then taken right thru lobby and given a tour of hotel. By this time I was very confused since we did not check in. We just kept being told we would just love our room.

Finally we are taken to our room. This room was absolutely wonderful. You walked in to find a kitchen, large dining room and sitting room on the first floor. It was two floors the second floor had 1 bedroom with a king bed and 2 bathrooms (1 had a whirlpool tub) the other room had 2 queen beds and a bathroom. Both bedrooms had balcony's as well as 2 on the 1st floor. We had a great view of the MK. My son in law had to sign a paper when checking in that we would not make this our permanent residence.

We were in the King Kamehameha Suite. It is the largest suite at the Polynesian. It was amazing!

We had never stayed at the Poly before so what a surprise this was. Being CL was a nice perk too.
The rest of our week was spent at Bay Lake Towers it was ok but after the Poly nothing will ever compare.

Best upgrade ever! DD, DS inlaw, 2DGS, DH, and I were staying at Polynesian in 2 separate rooms for one night in June with a MK view. We arrived to be greeted by name when getting off magical express. We were then taken right thru lobby and given a tour of hotel. By this time I was very confused since we did not check in. We just kept being told we would just love our room.

Finally we are taken to our room. This room was absolutely wonderful. You walked in to find a kitchen, large dining room and sitting room on the first floor. It was two floors the second floor had 1 bedroom with a king bed and 2 bathrooms (1 had a whirlpool tub) the other room had 2 queen beds and a bathroom. Both bedrooms had balcony's as well as 2 on the 1st floor. We had a great view of the MK. My son in law had to sign a paper when checking in that we would not make this our permanent residence.

We were in the King Kamehameha Suite. It is the largest suite at the Polynesian. It was amazing!

We had never stayed at the Poly before so what a surprise this was. Being CL was a nice perk too.
The rest of our week was spent at Bay Lake Towers it was ok but after the Poly nothing will ever compare.

That is an amazing upgrade!!!!:wizard:
I'll bet if was difficult to leave there and go anywhere else-lop

WOW! sounds awesome :cool1::cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter