Tell me your stories taking High School grad girls to disney.

I am sure you will have a wonderful time.
And congratulations to your daughter and her friends! (They're lucky to have your support all along the way, and I'd wager they know it and appreciate it.)

Ha. Southwest just had the first flight out for $79 bucks, so I switched our flight from arriving around 6pm to arriving 8:45am. They can go crash by a pool for a bit. We added two more nights to the trip, from a friend. And do not have a flight home yet. Stalking the price.
I seriously hope to sleep on the plane, they prob won't.

The other friend is in. She was at universal over the Christmas break, she was able to upgrade her ticket to an AP for universal for $32. Got that idea from another thread on here.

DD will get an AP for our spring trip so she will be set too. Just one girl will need a two day ticket for universal.
With the AP, our spring hotel cost is coming down so I will apply that to one night at universal for the girls May trip, the girls will have 2 day FOTL.
I purchased DD last year, a 3 day ticket with our Disney reward points. I am going to use that ticket for May for me, I will get DD a DVC AP. the other girls will decide soon which ticket to get, before the price increases. I see undercover is offering an extra $10 off it you buy an Disney and universal ticket, hmmm.

What a wonderful graduation gift. You only live once. I hope you, your daughter, and her friend(s) have a great time.

We are planning a grad trip with my dd for next year. We've travelled with friends before. Lots of fun. We did a lot of planning prior to the trip and everything was a success.

The trip date is almost here. One of the girls has never been on a vacation, she asked me for a packing list : Our plans:

Flight 5:15 land 845am staying AKL jambo standard

Blizzard beach polar patio reserved; open 10-5pm: giordanno pizza supper

Magic Kingdom. 11am be our guest

Universal staying at hard rock hotel for EP

Universal

Hollywood Studio. 820ish beaches and cream.

AKL jambo value unless wait list comes through
Typhoon Lagoon umbrella patio reserved
6pm planet Hollywood
7:30 Movie pirates of Caribbean ressie

Animal Kingdom FP pandora

Leave 5:15pm land 7:05: morning either pool or back to water park

Breakfast in room, lunch and supper probably in the parks. Temps are 90 and below. I told them hats and sunglasses and i have 5 suntans lotions going with us

Following. I'm working the same scenario for DD and 6 or 7 friends in an SSR GV next June. Planning to have a parent's night for those who are interested in the next couple of weeks. Figure we will handle accommodations, breakfast in room, and dinners (4 nights); TiW and DVC will get a workout. The parents will be responsible for air (SW most likely) and incidentals. Good luck!!

DD17 will be graduating in two weeks, but she and her friend went to WDW for their spring break as an early grad gift. We had airline miles, so we covered both girls' airline tickets and we booked them a 1 BR at BWV. DD's friend is 18, so she was the adult on the reservation and they had no problems checking in (I double checked with MS that they'd be fine before I even booked it). They went for a full week and had 6 day PH.

They had a blast! I think they felt very grown up flying and being there alone. They made some ADR's before they left and some additional ones while they were there. I think it was a great little bit of independence before they head to college in September!

We went, we had a grand time. We arrived 30 minutes early from a 5:15am flight, rented a car from dollar, they gave us an upgrade.

Day one blizzard beach after a DVC tour for 3 FP and $50 gift card.blizard beach not crowded plenty of seats in shade to be had. I gave the gift card to the girls plus 10 bucks so everyone had 20. Dang DVC cost me again.

Day two MK all day, lunch Be our Guest had the master cupcake with gray stuff yum. Did a lot of rides. Dole whip and cream cream pretzels. Supper we all split up.

Day 3 slept in went to Universal the girls stayed hard rock, stormed off and on, I happened to be on inside rides so I kept missing the storms. Ate at The Kitchen. I left the girls and hit Disney springs before my solo night AK room.

Day 4 more universal, they enjoyed EP. Volcano bay opened this day. Parks there not bad. One girl was there for park opening, 2 slept in. Supper - Buffalo Wild Wings.

Day 5 girls slept in. Hollywood studio in late afternoon - supper beaches and cream - good. One girl got stuck on tower of terror, she got extra FPs to use, we ran out of time to use it due to beaches and cream ressie. Our hotel let us trade the FP for a AK FP. I went to MK by myself in AM.

Day 6 typhoon lagoon, arrived 1030 had to park in second lot, busy so we hit the slides first with 10 to 15 minute waits. Lazy river and pools in afternoon full park all chairs looked full. I had rented a patio umbrella again this day. Planet Hollywood supper, BBQ ribs - meat fall off the bone and delicious. Then Pirates of the Caribbean, DD did not love as I did.

Day 7 hit AK for opening, one girl went with me, was in the line for the Pandora river ride for 7:56am when we were off, it had a 60 minutes wait, and the Flight wait time was 90 minute. Safari was walk on, saw lots of animals. At 11 hit nemo cause it was HOT! Left the park. Nap. Then pool until later with all the peeps, had FP for Flight ride at 8:10 they would not let you into the area with your FP until it was your time. I enjoyed the ride, I get motion sickness and wear sea bands it still made me queasy twice on the ride. 2 girls stayed until it closed at 1am.

Day 8 pool day until we left at 2pm for airport.
I did two groceries runs; one for breakfast foods, drinks, chips and fruit, second once was for fruit and more Aleo. I had 15 pins each for them to trade I had 25 extra in case they needed more, they traded them all. I had old universal lanyards that I brought for them. I brought from home big box of 30 fruit snacks in case they needed something before they got to lunch, I have 5 left. A box of brownies - gone. DD has AP so they hit up photopass peeps. We had AK jambo 5 nights standard studio, 2 nights value studio. They had lunch from room once, and they ordered a pizza once. Sometimes I roamed with them other times not, sometimes one girl would roam by herself(the park commando). We had, I thought, a lot of magic band issues, mostly at the hotel. Ugg.

We took our son and eight of his friends to WDW after HS graduation. We drove two cars and pulled a UHaul trailer for the luggage. We had a week in an OKW GV. The two of us did our own stuff and the nine kids did what they wanted to. The girls were pigs in the villa and I was too embarrassed for the housekeepers to see their mess on Trash & Towel day. I gathered the trash and took the towels. On check out day, they did get all the trash out before we left. There was some drama during the week, but overall it wasn't too bad. We bought graduation ears for everyone and paid for breakfast for everyone at Chef Mickey's. They wore their ears for the breakfast. They thought it was going to be lame, but they all loved it.

The kids all paid for their own park admission and spending money. I had some of the parents give me extra money for the expenses (like gas money). We used DVC points for the villa, paid for the trailer and two nights in hotels (one night each way). We provided food in the villa like for breakfast and sandwiches if they wanted them. They bought all their own food except for the Chef Mickey breakfast.

This was almost identical to our experience right down to the GV at OKW, except it was the boys who were the pigs! We ended the vacation with a big bang called Hurricane Frances and had the last flight out of MCO before they shut down the airport. My phone was ringing constantly with their parents (rightfully) concerned. So my advice is be prepared and make sure you have contact numbers for the parents. It was fun....but not something I'd do again.

At least one person in the each room must be 18 years old to have a reservation, to check-in, and be responsible for all the others in the room. DVC can cancel the reservation and order everyone out; if already checked in and DVC finds out that someone in the room is not 18 they can order everyone out, without compensation (return of points).

Wow! It has been a year since I posted and you replied. Since then, I forgot the answer! As we are starting to plan the trip for next June I was wondering how I would be able to make it. Good to know that they can check in at 18. All going will be 18. The plan so far is each grad must pay for their ticket, airfare and food in the parks. We will cover the room and Garden Grocer. I am glad to know (and I am sure my daughter will be ecstatic) that they can go on their own.

Has anyone experienced any issues? I can confidently say that my daughter is a great kid but you never know what could happen when a group gets a trip away.
Has anyone permitted recent HS grads to go on a co-ed trip? I am thinking some of the other parents might balk at it.

Thanks

Wow! It has been a year since I posted and you replied. Since then, I forgot the answer! As we are starting to plan the trip for next June I was wondering how I would be able to make it. Good to know that they can check in at 18. All going will be 18. The plan so far is each grad must pay for their ticket, airfare and food in the parks. We will cover the room and Garden Grocer. I am glad to know (and I am sure my daughter will be ecstatic) that they can go on their own.

Has anyone experienced any issues? I can confidently say that my daughter is a great kid but you never know what could happen when a group gets a trip away.
Has anyone permitted recent HS grads to go on a co-ed trip? I am thinking some of the other parents might balk at it.

Thanks
Our trip was coed, but the two of us were also along. There was drama from time to time, but in the end it was fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter