Tell Me Your "Magical Disney Moment"

Stork

Mouseketeer
#1. It's a family tradition to take the grandchildren to Disney on their 5th birthday. Our two granddaughters were 5 years old when we boarded the boat to MK from the parking lot. As we rounded the island and the Castle came into view, DW and I both started crying as we looked at both of our 5 year granddaughters and saw the sheer joy and fascination on their faces. It finally dawned on them that they were actually at Disney World. Priceless!!

#2. The Magic of Disney is valuable and important to many patrons, but probably more so to those who live with disabilities whether physical, emotional, mental, or just plain ole' discrimination in general. One of the MOST rewarding times at WDW for us was in MK watching a little 5 year old girl with Downs Syndrome watching the parade of Disney Characters from the porch of Liberty Tavern. She was so excited that EVERY Disney Princess on EVERY float passing by made a special effort to wave specifically to her and catch her attention. We were in tears watching the joy on her face...an unknown (to us) little girl thoroughly enjoying the moment of being THE Special Little Princess to those Cast Members who saw her. And every one of them did! That's the Disney I know and love. (I hope the Magic does not get lost in their effort to promote profits over substance.)

So mine is our trip with Mallory and Yeti. I think it was the second trip the two took together. We went to the dog park and Mallory met a poodle friend. There were are few dogs that would hang out in the park. I remember someone throwing a ball all the dogs, except yeti off doing his own thing, went chasing after the ball with Mallory bringing up the backend running up the hill in her cart to get the ball. That trip we had APs but we actually skipped an entire park day to hang out at the dog park.

Trip to WDW around Halloween 2015. 3rd trip for me, 2nd for DW and DD, and 1st For DS. We kept them totally in the dark on our drive. They thought we were going to visit some family friends, they weren't too excited about it...until they saw the gate to the resort. "Best surprise in the WORLDDD!!!"

Here's a video of it

Last edited:
Ok, so this is hard. I have some really early memories of disney world from when i was little. I also went with my nieces and nefews qhen they were little, and last brought my own daughter there. While none of these alone was magical, it brings me to the memories of disney that are etched in my mind. Ah, thres the magic. Returning to disney, even without kidos, make you feel like a kid again. I think everyone feels that magic when going through the front gates.

So many to recount, but the pinnacle was probably our trip in 2008. DD's were 2 and 3, and DW was pregnant with DS. We were in MK prior to the start of MNSSHP and went to grab dinner at Cosmic Ray's. While we were in there, someone stole our stroller. It was a new double City Mini that became very popular in the years that followed. When we first walked out, we thought it might have been moved by a CM, but it was never to be found again. The stroller was a big enough loss, but in the moment, our greater frustration was that the girls' party costumes were in the stroller basket. We were about to step into the party, and they had nothing to wear. They were devastated!

As the CM who'd been helping us search realized it wasn't going to be found, she called a manager who came out to file a report. I did the report as DW tended to the girls, and the next thing you know, this manager was leading the four of us across to the shop and giving the girls brand new princess dresses and wands of their choice. It made the night of two young parents who were on their first ever DVC trip with their girls, and turned a truly painful moment for our girls into one of those Disney magic memories that we still talk about today!

Probably not much compared to the other stories, but for years and years we went with my parents. My mom was truly the family Disney nut. Mostly the trips were for my daughter since grandma was slowly bending her mind into Disneyfication. But I digress. The moment for me was riding the monorail into EPCOT and seeing my parents already there waving to us from the ground. Now to be honest, who knows how long they were standing there waving at every monorail that went by, :lmao: but it made my daughter's entire trip. That's what it was all about back then.

What a great thread this is! I love reading magical moments! On our first trip, we were in a store in magic kingdom, and a cast member gave my boys, who both happen to have Down syndrome, a stuffed Mickey mouse and a toy story book that was signed by Woody and Buzz!

And as we watched a Main Street parade, I think it was either Mickey or Donald who grabbed one of my boys to dance with! Disney truly is magical!

We were on the boat from MK back to Wilderness Lodge. Our captain was singing and the fireworks were going off. My husband (who always thought Disney was a kids' place), leaned over and whispered "now I get why people keep coming back to Disney." It was just a beautiful moment.

In 2010 we had planned a huge family get away to Fort Wilderness. My parents had bought a used 5th wheel and planned to start their winter in Florida by spending Christmas camping with DH , myself and our three children. My brother and his family would fly in after The New Year and stay in a cabin. Unfortunately my Mom was diagnosed with endometrial cancer in November. The trip was cancelled. Through her surgery, chemo and radiation we looked ahead to a goal of making that trip a reality in 2011.
I will never forget the look of joy on my parents faces as they drove into Fort Wilderness towing their fifth wheel that December 2011. That was the first of two extended family Disney World Fort Wilderness we would all share together.
My Mom lost her second battle with cancer in May 4, 2021. Several photos from that trip were shown during the celebration of her life. All of our trips to Disney have been magical but that one wins the overall title.

In 2010 we had planned a huge family get away to Fort Wilderness. My parents had bought a used 5th wheel and planned to start their winter in Florida by spending Christmas camping with DH , myself and our three children. My brother and his family would fly in after The New Year and stay in a cabin. Unfortunately my Mom was diagnosed with endometrial cancer in November. The trip was cancelled. Through her surgery, chemo and radiation we looked ahead to a goal of making that trip a reality in 2011.
I will never forget the look of joy on my parents faces as they drove into Fort Wilderness towing their fifth wheel that December 2011. That was the first of two extended family Disney World Fort Wilderness we would all share together.
My Mom lost her second battle with cancer in May 4, 2021. Several photos from that trip were shown during the celebration of her life. All of our trips to Disney have been magical but that one wins the overall title.
That phrase "you can't take it with you" DOES NOT APPLY to the memories accumulated over your lifetime. Cherish these moments...they're what's truly important.

1. I was in the rest room next to Marrakesh.
2. The rest room was crowded.
3. A boy about (5) years old entered and waited for urinal.
4. The boy was polite and quite the gentleman.
5. His mother (OR SMOTHER) was outside the entry doorway.
6. She yelled loudly for him and asked if he was OK.
7. He replied just loud enough for her to hear,
. . . "Mom, PLEASE!, I am with the guys!"
8. We did not laugh out loud, but all of us smiled
9. We knew the comment and reply.
10. It is a lasting memory of EPCOT.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter