Tell me your connecting room stories

DisneyWishes14

DIS Veteran
Hi! Just looking to hear people's connecting room stories. Was your request honored? What was your family configuration? Are some families more likely to get them than others? Thanks!

We've needed connecting rooms on 2 of our 3 trips, and gotten them without problem both times. (I think I put in the request online when I made the ressie, or maybe during online check-in, can't remember for sure)

In 2010 (CBR) we had 3 rooms: 2AD, 1AD/3C, and 2AD/1C. We asked for the 2AD and 1AD/3C rooms to be connecting, and the 2AD/1C room to be adjoining. (Since you can't get more than 2 connecting rooms.) That was exactly what we got.

In 2012 (ASMo) we had 2 rooms: 2AD, and 1AD/2C. We got connecting rooms as requested.

I think there is some sort of guarantee that if you have more kids than adults they will give you connecting rooms, not sure about the details of that though. It seems like most of the time it's not a problem getting anyway.

we had one room 2AD, and one room 2AD/1C and requested adjoining at AoA, but got connecting.

We have asked for connecting rooms multiple times, and not gotten them once.

My Dreams Unlimited TA has since informed me that if we want connecting rooms to stay away from both the All Star Music and the Contemporary. Many of the connecting rooms at the ASMu were made into the Family Suites, and the Contemporary just doesn't have that many of them. In fact, it was at the Contemporary where we didn't get our requested connecting rooms.

There is no way to guarantee getting connecting rooms ahead of time. Even if they do print that on your reservation, it is not 100% guaranteed. Rooms are not assigned until a few days out, so they have no way of knowing ahead of time how many connecting rooms will be available. And if you go to Disney's web site it states they are not guaranteed. Nothing is, except a room on Disney property.

Hi! Just looking to hear people's connecting room stories. Was your request honored? What was your family configuration? Are some families more likely to get them than others? Thanks!

We've requested connecting rooms a few times.

Once was over the Christmas/New Year's week and we had two rooms at All Star Music (before the suites were installed). We arrived a week earlier than the in-laws who were in the second room. We got connecting rooms.

Another time was two rooms at Pop Century. We got connecting rooms but my mother-in-law was disappointed we were in the 70s and not the 50s since her sister, who was in the other room, really wanted the 50s section. There were no connecting rooms available at that time so the Cast Member put us in as close together as possible - we had one room in between us. But the connecting room request was met.

Third time was with a Grand Gathering and even though that helped with the request, it was the way Disney did it. The was also at Pop Century. My in-laws were in one room, my dad and stepmother in another. Those rooms were next to each other but NOT connecting as I didn't request that. Next was my son and his family in one room and my husband and I in the next. Those did connect. All four rooms were right in a row. Way above and beyond what Disney did there.

We (3 adults, 2 children, 2 rooms) requested connecting at the Poly. When we got to the rooms they were adjoining, not connecting - but a great view. I went back to the front desk and they were able to move us to connecting,but not such a great view, which was fine.
This is the only time I have requested connecting in many, many visits

requested connecting this past visit to AKL since we were taking an extra teen. 2A 3teen girls. Was told we were guaranteed since they were under 18. Arrived and they were connecting.......with the rooms on either side. Room assigner was able to move us across the resort though and grant request, although the teen wounc up in a room with a queen and bunk beds :eek: . They were not happy, at least the youngest one, who was stuck with the terrible bunk bed.

requested connecting this past visit to AKL since we were taking an extra teen. 2A 3teen girls. Was told we were guaranteed since they were under 18. Arrived and they were connecting.......with the rooms on either side. Room assigner was able to move us across the resort though and grant request, although the teen wounc up in a room with a queen and bunk beds :eek: . They were not happy, at least the youngest one, who was stuck with the terrible bunk bed.

I would really like to know why they even tell people they are guaranteed, when they are obviously not. And there is no way for them to make sure you get connecting rooms ahead of time! They don't block out rooms for you when you book them.

They don't even guarantee paid for room types! I've twice been downgraded because they oversold the room category I had booked.:mad: It would be more honest for them to say "We do our best, but there is a small chance you may not get connecting rooms". Let people know and let them make an informed decision.

We've gotten them at CSR every time we've asked. That said, they tell us every time that they can't guarantee we'll get it when we book, but at check in, it's always been that way - we just make sure that we remind them of the request at the desk and if it hasn't been done, they quickly reassign rooms before we've gotten our keys :)

We got them at Pop when we requested them. It was my parents, my husband and I, and our 2 year old son. So we got them with only one kid and four adults. :) But, my son loved running from room to room.

A trip we took a couple years ago & I requested no joined rooms. When we checked in we had joined rooms. We did get moved across the way which was fine.

We requested 3 connecting or adjoining rooms at Pop in 2009. We had our wonderful TA at TMFLT book 2 of the reservations at the same time and she noted the connecting rooms request on our ressies. One room was for us and our 3 kids (one was a baby) and the other was for my mother- and father-in-law. My parents then decided to go a few weeks later and also booked w/ our TA, who noted the request that they have connecting or adjoining rooms w/ the rest of our travel party. We did get a connecting room with my in-laws, but my parents were separated from us by one other room, which was no big deal. It was a big deal that we were connecting w/ my ILs, though, because we were able to leave the door open during the day if we were in the rooms, and the kids had more room to roam and play. They changed beds a lot lol!

We requested and got connecting rooms at ASMo last May. It worked out great with our grandson.

Last spring break we stayed at the Carribean Beach Resort and requested connecting rooms. We requested it when we booked the trip and got to the hotel early in the morning to check in and asked again. We got connecting rooms with no problems. It was my immediate family connected to a room with my cousin and her daughter.

We requested connecting rooms at the Shades of Green and were given them. We wanted connecting rooms with my brother and his family and may have been granted them because we were sponsoring them for their stay at that resort.

We have only requested connecting rooms once. It was for my sister's wedding at the Contemporary Resort. We had 2A/2C and requested to be connected to my parents' room. When we arrived, not only were we not connected or even adjoining rooms, the 2 rooms we SOOOO far apart from each, not even on the same floor. We asked about switching upon arrival and the best they could do was get us on the same floor, albeit still quite a ways away from each other (we were in the garden wing). So, if I ever need to make this request again, I will be hopeful but expect nothing.

We have requested connecting rooms twice and received them both times without incident. Poly and GF. My inlaws were with us both times, so 2 adults and 1 child in one room and 2 adults and one child in the other.
I made the request when I called to book and again when I checked in online.

At CSR we got connecting rooms and my sister was the next room so that was great.
Another time at CSR it was 3 adults and 3 kids and we still got connecting.
But at AKL 2x I've requested and did not get.
1st time I asked to be next to each other (My parents took one of mine), but I wanted him not to feel left out. When I asked they said yes you are next door.
We went up and numerically yes we were but there was a viewing window in hall.
2nd time I travelled with my sister her two children and myself and my 3.
we asked for connecting rooms so we could manage all of them and leave them with eachother etc. when we cked in and went upstairs we were down hall from eachother. I went back downstairs and asked to have room's switched and they did accomodate , but it was a hassle.

POP 8/2010, requested connecting King/2 DBL rooms. DD were 15 and 11 at the time and DW and I were prepared to split with one kid each if our request wasn't honored. We Got the connecting rooms....don't know if booking a preferred room helped with our request. I think in the end, you have to be prepared if you don't get your request.

Prior to purchasing DVC we requested and received connecting rooms twice - one at WL, once at CSR.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!