tell me what you think about All Star Music

Microcell

DIS Veteran
We had to move our trip closer and all that was available with the BDP rate moving with us is All Star Music preferred room. I took it, because we really don't plan on staying in the room very much, but I want to know what to expect!

Microcell said:
We had to move our trip closer and all that was available with the BDP rate moving with us is All Star Music preferred room. I took it, because we really don't plan on staying in the room very much, but I want to know what to expect!

As a value resort it's no frill but fine if you're not going to look for better resort ammenities like sit down restaurants, close proximity to parks or boating. If you're just basicly using the room for sleeping you'll do OK. Either take rooms at the non preferred Jazz buildings or the preferred Calypso if anybody in your party has a hard time with their mobility. The walk will be easier for them to the main building.

My dd and I really enjoyed Music a year ago!! We were in the Jazz bldg which is next door to Calypso, the preferred bldg. Yes, the rooms are a little smaller than the moderates. But, we had no problems whatsoever. And we were there for the dreaded Pop Warner teams. If you are concerned about noise issues, I would suggest that you ask for a room on the third floor, on the side away from the pool area. Our room was like that and it was incredibly quiet.

We enjoyed the food courts. Dh really likes the sit-down restuarants but dd and I had some pretty enjoyable food there. Try to eat at slightly off-peak times and you'll miss the hordes of people.

The pools were fine..no slides, but the kids in them seemed to be enjoying themselves anyway.

The bus service was good. In fact, I would go so far as to say that it was some of the better bus service we have had to date.

I am planning a trip in June and we are staying at BCV's. But for our last two days (Friday and Sat nights) we are staying at Movies. I just don't want to use all those points for a week-end. We are really looking forward to both resorts. They are terrific in their own ways.

I've stayed at ASMO twice and loved it! We stayed in the Jazz bldg and Calypso bldg. Our room in the Jazz bldg was on the opposite side and farther away from the main bldg, but I loved it that way! Our room seemed more secluded and was very quiet. Since I'm an early riser no matter how early we leave for the parks, I would get our coffee and b-fast. I so loved the walk to the main bldg every morning because I was in WDW and surrounded by the beautiful plants and pools. I know it sounds corny...but it's the small things in life! I also loved the pool theming. You will like it!

We stayed there back in summer of 2003, and when we go back next month, we are not staying there. However, part of that is the reduction in prices for this year, so we are going to try something more upscale.

Since you are going in February, (based on your counter), you might have a different experience. We went in the middle of summer, and the bus waits were quite extensive. We got caught in one of those summer thunderstorms at AK, and had to wait a very long time in wet clothing with 2 children (5 & 9). We started driving our cars to some of the parks, and found that it was quicker to do this, instead of waiting on the buses.

The hotel itself was fine. Even with doors opening directly to the outside (not to a lobby, or hallway), I found them more quiet than I expected (we were not on the pool side). I would say that it is something akin to older Holiday Inn's, or Motel 6 's. The kids enjoy the buffet style eating, especially since they get to chose from a variety of food. However, by the 7th day, the adults were tired of the same old thing.

Long post, hope I didn't ramble too much.... :D

Love it ... Love it ... Love it !!! It's actually our favourite resort. And we've stayed at all levels. The theming is awesome, and we've stayed on both ground level and second floor and never had a noise issue.

Mary-Liz

Of the moderates and values that we have been to so far, All-Star Music is our hands down favorite. We had a Calypso corner preferred room, very close to main building and food court.

goofy4tink said:
And we were there for the dreaded Pop Warner teams.

DREADED?!?!!?? UGH!!! :rolleyes:

Sorry!!! Check out my SIG!!! Couldn't control myself. I was there also. Didn't experience any problems at all!! Except for the fact that my family of six didn't get connecting rooms. But it all worked out! :cool1:

disneyfreakjackie said:
DREADED?!?!!?? UGH!!! :rolleyes:

Sorry!!! Check out my SIG!!! Couldn't control myself. I was there also. Didn't experience any problems at all!! Except for the fact that my family of six didn't get connecting rooms. But it all worked out! :cool1:

Sorry...should have put that dreaded in " "!!! I had no issues either. Other than a couple of girls who were a little over the top with the cheering!! I have posted many times as to the overall politeness I found at that time. Most of the kids were pretty well mannered. Sometimes better than the non-Pop kids!! Didn't mean to come off as insulting. :blush:

We stayed at Movies this last trip, but we used the Music busses a few times, and when we got off the bus and walked through the building and resort to get back to Movies, Music was so much quieter and so much less crowded that Movies. Rooms are about standard Comfort Inn size rooms, no frills, but they're fine if you aren't going to stay there alot. We were at Movies during Hurricane Jeanne, stuck in the room all da and no problem, even with our two kids. If we stay at a value again, it will probably be Music. If we don't, if will be because we saved longer and can afford a moderate/deluxe, not because we didn't like the values.

Steph

All Star Music is my least favorite WDW resort. I will gladly stay at All Star Sports or Pop Century, but not ASMu. I don't like the music theme and I don't like that the resort is so huge. It can take forever to get to the food court and busses if you get stuck in the Country section. ASSp and POP are more compact and the theming is more to my taste.

I see that you paid extra for a preferred room ... at least you won't be too far away from Music Hall.

Thank you all! I think my kids may prefer Movies (we were there last year), so I may check on and off for cancellations on that or POP. I am not opposed to Music exactly, it just looks from the pictures like my kids might enjoy the other two better. I am sure we will have fun no matter what. We are going to Disney!!!

I would recommend POP though a preferred room at Music is probably pretty nice. I just changed my reservation on the BDP code and was told I could upgrade but I couldn't book a cheaper room. If POP is the same price as your current room, you will be okay, but you may have to reserve a preferred room at POP.

That would be great to get POP back again, but thier BDP rooms are all taken for the date. As far as cheap rooms the Music one is the only option. I am sure it will be fine. I just may check next week sometime for POP cancellations.

Stayed there before and had no problems. i will be staying in the preferred bldg this time so i am closer to everything.

I've stayed and Pop Century and All Star Movies and All Star Sports and enjoyed all three. For the value, they are great. :flower1:

Out of all the values I suggest the POP :Pinkbounc CENTURY! RESORT, it's a little newer. If you can, try to get into POFQ (moderate resort). Have Fun Planning! :D

Does anyone know which buildings at All Star Music have handicapped accessible rooms? Thanks

Stayed at ASM in 1997. Was put in the building furthest away. The walk was long, especially with kids and luggage. One of them was always thirsty and the distance was a pain. Besides that, ASM was where the high school bands that play in the parades stayed. The bus service was great and the people were friendly. I'd stay again but request a closer room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter