Tell me what you love about Yak & Yeti

Yuck! Nothing!

We went there thinking we could get something similar to Asian food we have here, my daughter's favourite food -- which is apparently authentic style. None of us liked our food.

And Y&Y take out was even worse.

Yuck! Nothing!

We went there thinking we could get something similar to Asian food we have here, my daughter's favourite food -- which is apparently authentic style. None of us liked our food.

And Y&Y take out was even worse.[/QUOTE]The CS restaurant is one of the bottom 5 restaurants in WDW.

I was always a little bit hesitant, but I went in November and actually really liked it! The restaurant is all themed, and all the artifacts are actually from where they say! Definitely take a look around after your meal and take some pictures!

The food is all good, I had a chicken dish and it was delicious, and we can't forget about the deep fried won tons!! :banana: Yum!!

Ahi tuna, Kobe beef burger and fried wontons were AMAZING! I hate getting a burger on vacation, but this one was delicious-no regrets here! We also booked an early reservation and were seated in the window on the second floor. We were able to people watch and take advantage and a cool breeze. One of my favorites at Disney!

never had anything bad there...
chicken lo mein, shrimp lo mein, honey chicken, wontons and mango pie all great!

We really liked Y&Y--our appetizers were great (potstickers and wings), and our main dishes were quite good, too (steak & shrimp and lo mein). I was slightly disappointed by the wonton dessert (don't get me wrong--it was good, I think I was just expecting somthing more!).

We plan to go back in May, and enjoy several appetizers! Those were delish! :love:

Beautiful Restaurant!! Always get the Skirt Steak and Tempura Shrimp, and the Won Ton Dessert! We try for a 2:30 ADR and ask for a window seat and watch the Jammin Jungle Parade. The Parade CM's always look up and wave! MAGIC!!!

Skirt Steak And Shrimp
YakSkirtSteakShrimp.jpg

Wonton Dessert
YakWonTon.jpg

Mango Pie
YakMangoPie.jpg

Duck
YakDuck.jpg

Curry
YakCurry.jpg

Brilliant idea for a 2:30 seating! We love the steak and shrimp as well. This time I'm going for the ribs - they look gorgeous! The wonton dessert is a do-not-miss, and the sorbets are so light and refreshing on a hot August day. The ambiance is wonderful, the decor is delightful, we've never had server problems, and we think it's worth trying. Damn, now I'm hungry:rolleyes2

After reading these responses, I wish we had done table service instead of the counter service. It was horrible. And all the birds hanging out overhead and walking among the tables.... It was noisy, the food was not very good and we surely won't be eating there again.

I had the Asian Chicken Mandarin salad and it had more chow mein noodles than anything else. And only four small mandarin orange slices. It should have been called Asian chow mein noodle chicken salad with a few orange slices. I swear it had more chow mein noodles than lettuce.

Sweet and sour chicken and fried wontons. My stomach is growling just thinking about it! We enjoyed our meal at Yak & Yeti last year; the decor is really nice as well.

We skipped this one after folks leaving the place said it was simply a high priced chinese restaurant. Nothing special.

We love Tusker House - but really don't care about the character dining.

auntfrannie said:
Malaysian Seafood Curry! So delicious! It's a huge serving and could easily be split between two people.

This is what I had. It was really good and really HUGE!!

DH had the salmon ( miso glazed I think). Started with lettuce wraps, yum!!

So excited to read this thread - we are going to Y+Y for the first time in April and I'm really looking forward to it!:cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter