Tell me what to make....

lovesmurfs

DIS Veteran
So I'm in charge of the lunch for our church workday on Saturday and I'm drawing a blank. About 30 people altogether.

I was thinking maybe sloppy joes? Chili? It's been super hot in the Chicagoland area. Or should I just get buns and lunchmeat / condiments / lettuce / tomato so that they can make their own sandwiches? I could make a chicken salad as well.

I'm planning a fruit salad, brownies and cookies. Thinking 2 other salads -- maybe a pasta salad (I have a Greek pasta salad recipe I've been wanting to try) and a tossed salad or a spinach salad.

Someone's bringing drinks and chips.

I'm usually better at figuring stuff like this out. Thanks for letting me use your collective brains.

So I'm in charge of the lunch for our church workday on Saturday and I'm drawing a blank. About 30 people altogether.

I was thinking maybe sloppy joes? Chili? It's been super hot in the Chicagoland area. Or should I just get buns and lunchmeat / condiments / lettuce / tomato so that they can make their own sandwiches? I could make a chicken salad as well.

I'm planning a fruit salad, brownies and cookies. Thinking 2 other salads -- maybe a pasta salad (I have a Greek pasta salad recipe I've been wanting to try) and a tossed salad or a spinach salad.

Someone's bringing drinks and chips.

I'm usually better at figuring stuff like this out. Thanks for letting me use your collective brains.

The cool down is coming. It won't be too hot. I think sloppy joes is a great idea. Easy to make and serve for a group that big. It's actually on my menu to make at home this Friday :)

I would keep it simple and light and do a cold cut tray with soft rolls. Add some potato salad, macaroni salad, pickles, olives. You can also add your chicken salad.

It goes well with the chips and drinks someone else is brining

Also pairs well with the fruit salad, brownies and cookies.

I personally think chili and sloppy joe's are too heavy for a church lunch.

I think sandwiches sound great, but I don't think the others are too heavy for a work party either. If this is a "heavy labor" kind of work party, it probably calls for pretty hearty fare. Since it's warm cold food is great, the volume you provide will provide the hearty part.

Cold cuts and chicken salad it is! Thanks, all! I'll make a tossed salad instead of spinach, so that people not wanting to do the carb thing can make a chef's salad of it.

Don't know why I was over-thinking it.

I prefer pre-made sandwich trays, our shoprite has nice ones. It will take a while for 30 people to make their own sandwiches. I'd do a green salad with a basic dressing like balsamic, and a fruit salad, brownies or cookies.

Cold cuts and chicken salad it is! Thanks, all! I'll make a tossed salad instead of spinach, so that people not wanting to do the carb thing can make a chef's salad of it.

Don't know why I was over-thinking it.

Good choice since not everyone might like hamburger either my dd won't go near it she would go for the salad. At least this gives people a lot of options.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter