Tell me what I will love about Villas at Winderness Lodge

DISNEYFANRI

<font color=CC66CC>Is going to get BACK on that wa
Hi everyone - I will be staying there with my best friend in September - 26-29. I have stayed onsite at Contemporary (1972) - All STar Sports (2000) and All Star Movies (2002). This time renting points from a co-worker.

This time a real "grown up" trip - no hubbys - no teenagers - just the ladies!!

I think the question should be what won't you love? Our fav resort has to be WL. The minute you turn into the drive you feel that you are transported somewhere else. From the lobby(5 storys high with a fireplace and a running stream-that leaves the building to form a waterfall-which flows to the pool) to the pools to the resturants(don't miss artist point) it is all incredible. I hope you have a wonderful time.

We love the western theme music played in the lobby and on the walkway to the Villas. Hearing "How the West Was Won" and the theme to the "Magnificent Seven" puts you in the VWL mood.

HBC

You'll love the lobby
You'll love the theming
You'll love the Whispering Canyon Cafe
You'll love the pool and the geyser
You'll love everything about it...

:thewave:

Wow!! Thank you all for the great responses - I am so excited!!

It is pretty warm in Sept in FL. WL/VWL just always makes me feel cool in the summer and warm in the winter. How do they do that??? :confused3

Enjoy!

I find VWL to be a quiet resort. It really "takes you away". There are a couple of trails (between WL and Fort Wilderness) you can walk on and enjoy the scenery. Folks are friendly.

It is just great. I can't seem to find words to describe it.
Hope you enjoy it as much as we do.

We love the elevator doors and the Iron Spike Room at the VWL.

We love the cozy chairs by the fireplace in the Iron Spike Room

We love hearing the crickets chirping while walking the paths at night, checking out all the different animal pawprints

We love listening to the music. Everytime Dances With Wolves comes on TV, I have to watch just to hear the soundtrack.

We love the wood smell of the Villas when you are in the lobby area.

NJBlackBerry said:
You'll love the lobby
You'll love the theming
You'll love the Whispering Canyon Cafe
You'll love the pool and the geyser
You'll love everything about it...

:thewave:

All that plus

You'll love the peaceful walk in the woods to the campgrounds
You'll love being close to the lake for boating and ride to MK
You'll love Artist Point - particularly the salmon
You'll love the lobby (I know it is listed first above) but you will really love the lobby :)

It's been mentioned above that you'll love the trails to the campground, I'm just wondering how long a walk it is to Fort Wilderness. thanks.

I have never walked it but I think its around a mile. We will definitely walk it someday. All the walking in the theme parks sorta does us in ;)

jollymon2 said:
It's been mentioned above that you'll love the trails to the campground, I'm just wondering how long a walk it is to Fort Wilderness. thanks.
According to Caskbill and his trusty GPS gizmo, it is .81 miles to Fort Wilderness if you start at the boat/bike rental shack at WL and cut through to the paved walkway. It is .90 miles if you start from the front of VWL and use the paved path all the way. Either way, it is a lovely trail to walk or ride bikes.

Enjoy your trip with the ladies...I'm sure you'll enjoy it quite a bit! :)

JimC said:
All that plus

You'll love the peaceful walk in the woods to the campgrounds
You'll love being close to the lake for boating and ride to MK

These are 2 of the big reasons we love VWL and wanted to buy there. I find the boat ride back from MK so relaxing and peaceful after a hectic day.

You'll love sitting in the hot tub by the villas' pool late at night......

Yes, we feel so totally transported to someplace else when we're there that we use if for long weekends and only visit one park, using the rest of the time to walk on all the trails, see the show at Fort Wilderness, rent bikes, and just sit by the fire. It's very relaxing, but even the kids liked it.

OK...All of you have really peaked my interest in staying @ the VWL.

I have an extended family trip planned and confirmed @ my home resort BCV, and very excited about taking a family to WDW for the 1st time....ever!!

We will be staying 5 X-tra nights after the kids/grandkids leave :faint: :faint: ....just was waiting for that 7th month window, trying to decide where to stay.....

......Looks like this might be the place to rest and relax!!

Thanks for all the wonderful info!! ::yes:: ::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter