Tell me that I'll love Pop

We're going to be staying at Pop Century for the third time this coming February. We LOVE LOVE LOVE Pop! :cool1:

Here's a review from our last trip:

"Just back from a wonderful stay at Pop Century! I wanted to give a quick review of our stay for anyone considering Pop Century.

If you have ANY questions, I would LOVE to answer them!!!

We found the resort very easily. For those of you who are driving, the directional signs on the roads are excellent and we never even came close to getting lost. As we got close to the resort, we could see the bowling pins from the 50’s section poking up over the trees. It was so exciting! The Pop Century sign at the entrance was so bright and cheerful; it was a great way to be welcomed to the resort!

Disney1-8-07014.jpg

The CM at the gate was very nice and wished us a magical day as we pulled away – now we new we were officially at Disney World! We easily found a parking spot in the check-in parking lot. As we walked into the Classic Hall, we were greeted by the cheerful, bustling noise of happy, excited people rushing through to the Everything Pop food court and shop, the check-in area, and arcade. There were several people browsing the special displays in the lobby. Pretty much every other person we saw was wearing Mickey Ears of some sort. It was so exciting to see them all in the Disney World spirit! Check-in went very smoothly. We got the room we wanted in the 80’s section! After we had checked in, we went back to the car and drove a short distance to the 80’s parking lot. We were in building B with a view of the computer pool! DH is a computer nerd… Er, I mean a computer fan. Hehe. So he LOVED this section of the resort. I was so glad he liked it! You know how husbands can be… So hard to impress at Disney World!

Disney1-8-07021.jpg

Disney1-8-07017.jpg

***Side note***

I had never realized this before, and I have never seen it mentioned anywhere before, but you can see the WDW Welcome signs from this building!!

Disney1-8-07023.jpg

Our room was very clean when we walked in, and we had no problems with Mousekeeping at all during our stay. Our sink was broken when we came into the room, but DH called Mousekeeping and it was fixed when we got back to the room that night.

The transportation to and from the parks, DTD, etc. was very efficient. We never waited more that a few minutes for a bus the whole week. The buses were also very clean, too.

The Everything Pop Dining area was one of our favorite meals on the trip! The food was fresh and yummy! It did get very busy at night after the parks had closed, but the lines went very fast and the CMs were very friendly and helpful. There is a huge variety of foods – everyone should be able to find something to eat. There were also a lot of DDP snacks available here. DH couldn’t believe some of the things that were counted as snacks!

Here is the Mediterranean wrap and the Chicken Alfredo:

IMG_0543-1.jpg

We also got the refillable mugs, of course. They are so wonderful! It was quite cool on our trip at night and in the mornings, and having hot chocolate to keep us warm was great! We found that adding an Andes mint to the hot chocolate made it taste much better!

The resort itself is great fun to explore. The little Disney touches here and there make it very magical. We spent some time just walking around here on our first day. It was so relaxing and exciting at the same time!

Some people may be concerned about the number of children/noise level at a value resort. First of all, I know this is Disney World – children are everywhere! We didn’t really think there were any more children at POP that at any other resort at WDW. We visited several deluxe resorts during our stay and there were WAAAYY more children at the Poly and WL than there were at POP. Especially on the beach at the Poly; there were a lot of kids out on the beach playing in the sand and on the hammocks. Please don’t misunderstand me! I’m not complaining AT ALL about the number of children we encountered, I just wanted to give some information to people who might be concerned. I’ve seen posts on here before asking about children/noise level, and I just wanted to give some information!

As for the noise level… We were in a room facing the computer pool and noise was never a problem. Now, we could hear people at the pool, but it wasn’t disruptive or anything, and it usually died down before 10 or 11PM. I’m not sure about the Hippy Dippy pool area.

I highly recommend Pop Century for anyone who is on the fence about staying here. We feel that the rooms are plenty big for four adults; especially considering the small amount of time that is actually spent in the room – or at the resort at all for that matter!

We also felt that is was a very central location in WDW. Some of the other resorts – AKL in particular – seem so far away from certain places, like DTD. The bus ride was also very short from POP, no matter where we were going. I suppose some of this could depend on the bus driver, but we still felt that this was a good location.

So, all in all it was an excellent trip, and we can’t wait to stay there again!

If you have any more specific questions that I didn’t answer, pleas feel free to ask! I just love talking about WDW!!"

Wow! I haven't read that in a while, and it made me even more excited for our next trip!

Every morning we would walk by the computer pool to the bus stops, and we would hop around on the keyboard for a few minutes before continuing on our way. And we walked down memory lane one afternoon, browsed the 'time capsules' another. It's hard to imagine staying anywhere else!

I even love the elevators at Pop Century! lol Really!

We love Pop Century. We have stayed there three times, the most recently last month from the 18th to the 22nd. We really enjoy it, we think it has the best food court of any of the values or mods (excpet for Pepper Market which is really hard to compare to a typical food court).

We have always had great cm's, a super clean room, and we enjoy the grounds, pools and icons. Its the only value that has a lake which is nice to walk around. I love the gift shop there and its always a hoot when the cm's do the Hustle out in the lobby. It just a fun atmosphere.

We have grown accustomed to our DVC but I have to say, there is still something very special about the values, Pop in particular. We almost always tack on a few days at one before we head to our DVC not only to save on points but because we just love the values so much. They just say Disney to me!

OP here. Thanks so much everybody. Now I'm really excited. I called today and there was a preferred room available so I snagged it (along with a Chef Mickey's reservation). The kids are going to be in shock. I love surprising them, but I've never planned a trip in 3 days like this before. I will definitely come back and post a review.

OP here. Thanks so much everybody. Now I'm really excited. I called today and there was a preferred room available so I snagged it (along with a Chef Mickey's reservation). The kids are going to be in shock. I love surprising them, but I've never planned a trip in 3 days like this before. I will definitely come back and post a review.

Oh how I envy you! Unfortunately for me, the liklihood of ever being able to book a last minute trip to WDW when I live 1800 miles away is slim! But I enjoy reading about other lucky people who can pull it off.

Enjoy your trip and the surprise!

We're going to be staying at Pop Century for the third time this coming February. We LOVE LOVE LOVE Pop! :cool1:

"Just back from a wonderful stay at Pop Century! I wanted to give a quick review of our stay for anyone considering Pop Century.

We found the resort very easily. For those of you who are driving, the directional signs on the roads are excellent and we never even came close to getting lost. As we got close to the resort, we could see the bowling pins from the 50’s section poking up over the trees. It was so exciting! The Pop Century sign at the entrance was so bright and cheerful; it was a great way to be welcomed to the resort!

Disney1-8-07014.jpg

The CM at the gate was very nice and wished us a magical day as we pulled away – now we new we were officially at Disney World! We easily found a parking spot in the check-in parking lot. As we walked into the Classic Hall, we were greeted by the cheerful, bustling noise of happy, excited people rushing through to the Everything Pop food court and shop, the check-in area, and arcade. There were several people browsing the special displays in the lobby. Pretty much every other person we saw was wearing Mickey Ears of some sort. It was so exciting to see them all in the Disney World spirit! Check-in went very smoothly. We got the room we wanted in the 80’s section! After we had checked in, we went back to the car and drove a short distance to the 80’s parking lot. We were in building B with a view of the computer pool! DH is a computer nerd… Er, I mean a computer fan. Hehe. So he LOVED this section of the resort. I was so glad he liked it! You know how husbands can be… So hard to impress at Disney World!

Disney1-8-07021.jpg

Disney1-8-07017.jpg

***Side note***

I had never realized this before, and I have never seen it mentioned anywhere before, but you can see the WDW Welcome signs from this building!!

Disney1-8-07023.jpg

Our room was very clean when we walked in, and we had no problems with Mousekeeping at all during our stay. Our sink was broken when we came into the room, but DH called Mousekeeping and it was fixed when we got back to the room that night.

The transportation to and from the parks, DTD, etc. was very efficient. We never waited more that a few minutes for a bus the whole week. The buses were also very clean, too.

The Everything Pop Dining area was one of our favorite meals on the trip! The food was fresh and yummy! It did get very busy at night after the parks had closed, but the lines went very fast and the CMs were very friendly and helpful. There is a huge variety of foods – everyone should be able to find something to eat. There were also a lot of DDP snacks available here. DH couldn’t believe some of the things that were counted as snacks!

Here is the Mediterranean wrap and the Chicken Alfredo:

IMG_0543-1.jpg

We also got the refillable mugs, of course. They are so wonderful! It was quite cool on our trip at night and in the mornings, and having hot chocolate to keep us warm was great! We found that adding an Andes mint to the hot chocolate made it taste much better!

The resort itself is great fun to explore. The little Disney touches here and there make it very magical. We spent some time just walking around here on our first day. It was so relaxing and exciting at the same time!

Some people may be concerned about the number of children/noise level at a value resort. First of all, I know this is Disney World – children are everywhere! We didn’t really think there were any more children at POP that at any other resort at WDW. We visited several deluxe resorts during our stay and there were WAAAYY more children at the Poly and WL than there were at POP. Especially on the beach at the Poly; there were a lot of kids out on the beach playing in the sand and on the hammocks. Please don’t misunderstand me! I’m not complaining AT ALL about the number of children we encountered, I just wanted to give some information to people who might be concerned. I’ve seen posts on here before asking about children/noise level, and I just wanted to give some information!

As for the noise level… We were in a room facing the computer pool and noise was never a problem. Now, we could hear people at the pool, but it wasn’t disruptive or anything, and it usually died down before 10 or 11PM. I’m not sure about the Hippy Dippy pool area.

I highly recommend Pop Century for anyone who is on the fence about staying here. We feel that the rooms are plenty big for four adults; especially considering the small amount of time that is actually spent in the room – or at the resort at all for that matter!

We also felt that is was a very central location in WDW. Some of the other resorts – AKL in particular – seem so far away from certain places, like DTD. The bus ride was also very short from POP, no matter where we were going. I suppose some of this could depend on the bus driver, but we still felt that this was a good location.

So, all in all it was an excellent trip, and we can’t wait to stay there again!

If you have any more specific questions that I didn’t answer, pleas feel free to ask! I just love talking about WDW!!"

Wow! I haven't read that in a while, and it made me even more excited for our next trip!

Every morning we would walk by the computer pool to the bus stops, and we would hop around on the keyboard for a few minutes before continuing on our way. And we walked down memory lane one afternoon, browsed the 'time capsules' another. It's hard to imagine staying anywhere else!

I even love the elevators at Pop Century! lol Really!

Great report:thumbsup2 ,wow I think my fingers would fall off:rotfl2: ,I just wanted to add our two cents, we were in the 60's bldg top floor facing the bowling pin pool and the noise was never a issue, you will, love it we are back there this March.

Tie Dye cheesecake. There ya go. :)

The food court has tons of selection, and the goofy splash pool is pretty cute for the kids.

Tie Dye cheesecake. There ya go. :)

The food court has tons of selection, and the goofy splash pool is pretty cute for the kids.

What's the tie dye cheesecake? we're staying at POP in Feb. for the first time so I'm kinda intrigued.

POP ROCKS!

the decor is so cute and the huge sized yo-yo's etc., are so awesome. they play music outside which comes from hidden 'rocks.' I heard the Jackson 5, one of my favorites, in the morning. The giant foosball was awesome to see and the big mickey phone. the resort is quite big and peaceful, unless your by the main building with the food court and the aracade. there's always people smoking outside the building which makes walking in unpleasant if you're a non smoker. They have a bunch of different pools. The rooms are a good size and we've never heard any neighbor noise. The decor is cute in the rooms too. Bring your own TP, theirs is like cardboard, ouch! The busses are all infront of the main building. we got the 90s building which looks and is a far walk from the main building but we actually loved that location the best since we could walk across the parking lot and be right there at the bus stop in 3 minutes, casual walk. i timed it, lol. plus we didnt have to go through the main building with all the commotion and smoking outside. if you dont like pool noise, ask for a room that's not by the pool, they can be loud til late at night. POP is a great value resort. you'll love it! have a great time! oh and they have tye-dye cheesecake in the food court which is a snack on the dining plan! so pretty to look at, and tasty!

We love Pop...we have stayed the twice and are staying there again for 8 nights in April. I gave my kids the chioce of ANY value or mod resort and they ALL chose Pop. My kids NEVER all agree on anything:lmao:but the did on this!!!

What's the tie dye cheesecake? we're staying at POP in Feb. for the first time so I'm kinda intrigued.

Ok ive try the tie dye have to say I did not care to much for it, I make cheese cake all the time but its not the taste so much but i think its the all the colors:rotfl2:

We have spent many trips at POP and loved everyone of them. The food court is great with many selections including icees. The gift shop and arcade were great too.

The Price!!!

We love the POP though, works for us, even though we mostly stay Deluxe anymore. Just go with it, and dont' worry. You will be in Disney. POP has a great food court!!!

Well, it was clean and we got all of our requests. We were on the first floor in the 60's building (room 5112) right next to the pool and the lake at the end of the building. When we requested pillows, bed rails, etc, everything was brought withing 10 minutes. We will definitely stay here again.

We did not end up eating at the food court or using the buses so I can't comment on that. The kids loved the place.

I'm seeing all of these great reports about how everyone's kids love Pop, but what about the adults? I finally convinced my two girlfriends that they would love Disney (like I do :lovestruc ), and in the interest of saving three single divas some money, I booked Pop for us. Now I'm concerned that there aren't enough adult aspects to enjoy. Can anyone share their adult love of Pop? ...wait, that didn't come out the way I wanted! :lmao: You know what I mean!

I'm seeing all of these great reports about how everyone's kids love Pop, but what about the adults? I finally convinced my two girlfriends that they would love Disney (like I do :lovestruc ), and in the interest of saving three single divas some money, I booked Pop for us. Now I'm concerned that there aren't enough adult aspects to enjoy. Can anyone share their adult love of Pop? ...wait, that didn't come out the way I wanted! :lmao: You know what I mean!

Too funny!! I'm an adult (well, I'm old if THAT's what makes one an adult!!:rotfl: ) and I love Pop. If you're a free spirit you can join in all the reindeer games such as Twister, doing the Hustle in the lobby, enjoying a drinkie-poo at the Petals pool bar, soaking up the sun and watching the studly eye-candy (sometimes hard to find!!:confused3 ), you can stroll along the walking/jogging path in the early morning hours, coffee in hand, and starting your day off enjoying the serenity of a beautiful sunrise. Much to do and with some good ol' imagination you can make a pleasant resort a place to come back to again and again.

Disney1-8-07014.jpg

Disney1-8-07021.jpg

Disney1-8-07017.jpg

***Side note***

Any chance you remember your room number? That view in the first couple 80's section pictures is exactly where I want my room to be!

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter