Tell me that I'll love Pop

mayesq

Mouseketeer
We just booked Pop today for arrival on Thursday on an impulse. This is a budget trip. We've never stayed value. Please tell me all the positives of Pop. Thanks

The staff was really nice, the rooms are ok the beds were nice. We loved the pool and we thought it was nice.

Have fun spontaneous trips are always fun!

We really enjoyed the fun atmostphere of the place when we were there! The cafeteria is pretty nice too!! I didn't have any complaints other than it was kinda loud sometimes since we were near the pool.

1) Doesn't share buses with any other resort
2) Centrally located so no park is too far away
3) Best food court of all the values and maybe the best food court of all resorts
4) Great theming and music
5) Friendly staff
6) Lots of pools
7) It's just a fun place to be

We stayed for 11 nights at Christmas '05 and six nights Christmas '06. We now own DVC but are squeezing in a 7 night stay at POP this March on the new pay for 4 nights get 7 nights promotion :cool1:

I agree with the PPs. I can promise you that your children are going to LOVE Pop. We have stayed value and moderate only but my kids have begged for a return to Pop. They could care less about any of the mods we have tried. We have stayed Movies and Music before but Pop is the one they LOVE. The ambiance is 100% kid oriented... and that means the kid in all of us. If you don't enjoy it, I will be completely shocked. Have a great time!!! :woohoo:

Before buying into DVC, only stayed at the 'budget' resorts and even with no kids with us, had no issues to speak of. Tell you what I really miss staying in the Villas now, those food courts at the budgets!!! Sure there's alot of kids at the budget resorts, but ask for an area w/adults, they do have them. Make sure they have the stuff you need, irons/ironing board (if you need that stuff), etc. Not sure about that. If I had to go to WDW and not use my DVC, I'd use one of the vaules over a moderate without a second thought!

Your gunna have a blast!!!! I've stayed at POP the last 2 times that we went and we loved it!!!! Enjoy your trip!!!!

DH and I stayed there for 4 days when they first opened and we loved it! The themeing is great, the food court was awesome!

Yo! What's not to love??? WE stay there!!!:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Seriously, you will fall in love with the place. A word of advice: keep your camera at the ready. This is a remarkably photogenic resort. As for check-in, it goes incredibly smoothly. The CMs are marvelous. The food court can be a bit hairy at certain times of the day but the food is very good. It's a clean, well maintained, bright, airy, noisy, fun resort and you will have a very good time there. Enjoy!:thumbsup2

We've stayed there twice and are staying there in December for a few days. We LOVE it! My DD8 loves the arcade (the *best* one that's even better than the one at the Contemporary) and all of the pools. It's a fun place to be with great theming. :thumbsup2

The theming is awesome. The pools are great. The arcade is a lot of fun. (and not just for kids....my husband and I played as much as our 7 y.o.)
AND my son's favorite part? Frozen cokes & slushies on the drink island in the food court. Love this place.

We have stayed at POP the past 2 years and just booked it again for February. We love it, so cheerful and the food court is great.
We love they have their own buses and have never waited too long for one.

We loved the POP this past summer. Actually transferred there from the All star music after a few problems with our room. We stayed a few days at Sarasota Springs as well but when returning we will go to POP from now on. Kids loved the bright colors, great pools, and nice large dining area.

Have fun

Make a point to walk all around all the buildings. The giant icons like Mr & Mrs Potato Head make for great photo ops. The grounds are well kept.

The gift shop is quite nice and the food court offers a nice variety and things you won't find at the other food courts - such as Mom's Night Out TV dinners!

Enjoy - let us all know if you like it too

just got back from 3rd trip,
we did Port orleans, riverside,
the kids and i were missing the POP.

same room pretty much,
without the fun disney theme.

and no refillable slushies!

I'm glad to see so much positive feedback about POP. We're going in May. The 3 nights free deal was too good to pass up. My kids have been spoiled by the huge rooms at Shades of Green, so they're whining a bit about the change of plans. I'm sure they'll appreciate having the Disney theming for a change. It looks like a fun place.

I am also glad to see such positive feedback. Especially that someone likes it more then POR. I am thinking we need to go budget but after 4 stays at POR I am scared to try something new.

After a great stay at the Poly in Sept. DH and I are staying at POP in Feb. It looks like so much fun!! Saving a few bucks will be fun too. It's nice reading so many positive things about POP. I'm a little bit nervous about going value..but like I said POP looks like fun:)

I have nothing to say but good things about Pop! It's amazing! I can't imagine staying anywhere else at this point.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter