Tell me more about CBR

jekajekalynn

DIS Veteran
Hi Again, :cool1:

Thanks to those who posted to my previous thread. I never even considered a moderate rate resort until some of you suggested it, and I have now decided which resort I am gonna reserve once my dh and I shed some weight .(going to WDW next year is going to be my dh's reward for us reaching our weight loss goal :goodvibes )

I have decided to go to Caribbean Beach Resort. :) Can anyone who has stayed there tell me more about it? The picks on allears.net of it look sooooooooo beautiful!! I wanted a tropical themed hotel anyways, and this looks like just the right and right priced place. There is a possibility I can convince my dm to go yet again with us, so can 3 adults and one child fit in one room? TIA!!! :banana: :banana: :banana:

It will be crowded but having the curtain by the sinks makes it easier if someone wants to get dressed while another is in the shower.

We have done it and survived. :)

You might want to take a look at the CBR FAQ's listed below. I also have lots of pictures of CBR in the links below. CBR is our favorite resort.

We have stayed at CBR and absolutely love it. It gets a bad rap sometimes for being so large, and it's just a fact of life that it is large and somewhat spread out. But you can pay extra for a preferred room that is very close to Old Port Royale, or, without paying extra, stay in Aruba or Jamaica, which are just across the footbridge from OPR. The resort is just beautiful, and you really feel as if you had escaped to the Caribbean. We found the bus service to be very efficient and rarely waited even as much as fifteen minutes for a bus. There is an internal bus that just makes circuits around the resort, if you don't want to walk somewhere. The food court had a good variety and seemed to handle large numbers of people well. Definitely check out safetymom's FAQ sites - you'll learn everything you need to know to have a great stay.

CBR was our first ever stay. It will always hold the original Disney Magic for us. Had a ball. Yes, it's big. So... Disney is big! It's only a problem if you have difficulty walking. It does have a tropical feel, and yummy tropical drinks, w and w/o alcohol :goodvibes You will have a great time. If you have some length to your hair you can get beaded or wrapped, it's cute, mine is too short so I bought a clip on wrap!!! And I was 44ish!!! :earseek:

CBR was were we stayed last year, my first Disney trip ever. We really liked it. It was big but we were in Aruba. It was right across the foot bridge. The pool was really nice and wasn't too crowded, we were there in July. I really loved the quiet pools that each section has. The bus transportation was Great! The resort for being big was extremely quiet. And yes, I think the four of you will be good. There were 5 of us, ds is 2 and slept in the pak n play. Great Resort Highly Recommend. We are going to Disney next month and are splitting our stay between ASmu and AKL. :goodvibes Trying to get some time at the AKL. But I will be back at CBR one day!!! :cheer2:

Dani

Two recommendations: One) Get a rental car if you can, it makes everything a lot quicker. Two) If you aren't renting a car, request a preferred building. Even when you are in the farthest building from the food court I personally do not think it is a long walk by any means, but others disagree, so just throwing in those tidbits in case your one of them. :)

Besides that you will LOVE it there! This is hands down, my favorite resort at WDW. I've been to the GF, Poly, all the All Stars, all the mods (except for Coronado, no desire to ever go there), etc. and this is still my favorite. Taking walks at night, wtaching the little geckos and lizards running along the paths, relaxing in the hammocks, visiting the birds on the little island in the middle of the lake....It's heavenly! The bright colors just scream CHEERFUL and you wind up in a very cheerful mood no matter what, even if it's raining, bleak, a hurricane... lol This is just a wonderful resort, I've been there several times, and have never had a rude CM here. Obviously some have had bad experiences, which holds true for all resorts (heck, our GF trip is now amusingly deemed "the Trip from Hell") though. The room size is great, particularly for 2 people. :) The food court is my favorite of all the food courts, though Shutters is a waste, don't bother eating at that restaurant! The food is average, and overpriced. I still have NO idea why they through that restaurant into the CBR but they did. *shrugs* At least your now warned about that though. ;) The bicycle rentals, private lake, boat rentals, etc. make relaxing at the resort wonderful all day! There are more pools at this resort than at any other WDW resort, so it's always easy to find a quiet pool. I've never been to the CBR in the down season, only in June or July, and thats when it's supposedly the busiest. I never noticed. It's always felt like my family and I were the only ones there, with a few others. The food court is where I see the most people, and the main pool, but if you want to get away from it all seek out one of the many quiet pools. If your lucky you might get some ducks that will visit with you in the quiet pool and they make great photo ops! (We got a ton with a little family of ducks! It was heavenly and hilarious!) If you have any questions about the CBR feel free to PM me b/c I'm pretty familiar with it's areas, the different rooms and buildings, etc. Have a good one!

Just an FYI- a room in the preferred villages costs $15 extra nightly. You can make a request but it is doubtful it would be granted.

In my opinion a preferred room is worth it, a water view room isn't.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter