Tell me I wont be disappointed

Mish

DIS Veteran
I finally convinced DH to go the last week of August. I have never stayed at a value. I made reservations for POP century. How is it. It was a $500.00 difference between the value and moderate and since we were just there in October I didn't want to push the moderate. Thanks Michelle

We've stayed at most of the deluxes, one moderate (POFQ is our favorite), and three of the values. Pop Century is our favorite!! We've never had a problem with any of our "value" stays. Room size is fine for us, we hardly heard any of our neighbors, and the food court is pretty good for a quick meal. I find bus service at Pop Century to be really good.

We're heading back to Pop Century in July - we needed a budget trip this year, but by staying at Pop, we get to go for 12 days!!!

Enjoy your stay!!!!!

You'll love Pop Century. We've stayed at Deluxes and moderates. The Pop beats any moderate and all-in-all is a great experience.

We usually stay Deluxe, have tried a MOD and also ASMo (Value). I honestly think the BIG difference between levels is the one between Deluxes and MODs. If you know that the themeing at a Value is meant to br bright & fun, while the theming at a MOD is more subdued, I don't think you'll have a problem. I thought we'd hate ASMo, but we thought it was so Disney-like and cheerful that we'd have no problem staying there again. On the other hand, I have a hard time thinking the MODs are worth the current rates of $160 + tax when WL and AKL are $215+ tax.

Karla B.

POP is our Fav Value , POFQ is our Fav MOD and so far SSR is our Fav DVC.

You will be fine and have great time.

We usually stay Deluxe, have tried a MOD and also ASMo (Value). I honestly think the BIG difference between levels is the one between Deluxes and MODs. If you know that the themeing at a Value is meant to br bright & fun, while the theming at a MOD is more subdued, I don't think you'll have a problem. I thought we'd hate ASMo, but we thought it was so Disney-like and cheerful that we'd have no problem staying there again. On the other hand, I have a hard time thinking the MODs are worth the current rates of $160 + tax when WL and AKL are $215+ tax.

Karla B.

I agree that the big difference is between Deluxe and Moderate, not Moderate and Value (the price differences speak to this as well). The Moderates are still all set up in that motel style (exterior hallways with your window looking out on them) and you still need to take a bus to all the parks. You just get bigger rooms, a better pool and a table service restaurant. If you are just going with your husband and you don't need a waterslide, you aren't going to lose much by staying at a Value, unless you absolutely need that extra 75ish square feet of space.

I started at Disney in the Deluxes (the only mod at the time was CBR and no values), then stayed at Dixie Landings (oops - PO Riverside) and at OKW. Last year I booked a short stay at Pop. Can't say anything bad about it. In fact my DS and his GF are heading there this December for a weeks stay. The main difference is the atmosphere is more bright and there are more children than mod but I found that fun (since my kids are all grown). I stayed in a building a little further away so it was quiet. I did not have any trouble with the bus service. The room itself is a bit smaller than the mod but if there are only two people you'll hardly notice (my only note was opening the door directly to the first bed). The bathroom area only has one sink as opposed to two. That's pretty much it. I thought it was definitely worth the savings. AND I agree that the food court had a lot to offer!

Thanks, I feel better knowing that everyone seems to like it. Michelle

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter