Tell me good things about Narcoosees!

MomtoGKC

DIS Veteran
I'm getting nervous. I ate at Narcoosees years ago, I don't even remember if it was called that back then! It was good, but now I searched here on the Dis and mostly found bad reviews. We're going in a few weeks (kind of last minute, especially for ADRs!) We have a party of 10 :scared1: and want to eat on the monorail line. We don't want to go too expensive and we have some picky eaters. The Narcoosees menu had something for everyone so please tell me some good stuff!!

What? Really? Most people love Narcoosee's! Just don't order the surf 'n' turf.

Best service of the whole trip, the food was great but there wasn't really anything on the menu I was really in the mood for so I didn't enjoy it as much as I could have. The key lime creme brulee was incredible though.

Link to my review in my signature.

Had a fabulous 41st birthday dinner there about a month ago. Had the aritsan cheese progression (fabulous) and the chef's recommendation of the tripletail fish (had a mango bbq glaze and was with maytag blue grits - wow, esp after the cheese progression). I will eat there next time we go to Disney. Service was great and the bartender was able to make me a perfect proper lime daiquiri, not on menu. Have a wonderful time :)

Caryn

Thank you! Last time I ate there (at least 15-20 years ago) all I can remember was that they gave us a starter of bread and a dip. I didn't eat any but my mom and aunt loved it. They finally asked what was in it and it was smoked gator!! :rotfl:

I think it will be a nice dinner for us even with 6 kids ages 3-9! :eek:

I had that gator dip back in the mid 90's - woot! It was only 3 of us for dinner, but our 5 yr old daughter had fun. LOVED the Nemo cupcake for dessert. If you are there for Wishes fireworks in the evening it really is nice; they dim the lights and pipe in the music.

We ate at Narcoosees for DH's 42nd birthday and really enjoyed it.:goodvibes

DH loved the Prince Edward Island mussel app, I had crab crusted halibut for entree and it was very good. Enjoyed the almond cheesecake with cherry compote- DH's dessert, but would pass on the valronha chocolate dessert with blood orange sauce. Would go back tomorrow if I could...

Lovely ambience- much quieter than CG. :cloud9:

We had a nice meal there. Table by the window looking out at the marina on the side. Service was excellent. Food was good. We liked the crab cake appetizer. I had the seafood diablo that was very good. Next trip, we will return and I'll get the whole main lobster that gets good reviews. Reviews say not to get the surf and turf because the lobster tail is not good quality - it's a previously frozen rock lobster tail or something. Can't comment on cost because we used the deluxe dining plan. Nice view of the water and the Grand Floridian lobby is a wonderful place to visit -- especially with the orchestra playing in the evening.

My favorite place to dine on Disney property, and I always order the Surf & Turf. we do it at lease 2x per trip.:confused3

We ate there last Thursday and loved it! DH got the crab cake, surf and turf and almond crusted cheesecake. I got the tuna tataki, whole lobster and chocolate mousse. The kids got salads, Mickey-roni and cheese and Nemo cupcakes. The food was superb, the server was prompt and attentive and we had one of the best tables in the house to view Wishes. It was honestly our best meal all week! But it was also our most expensive meal of the week coming in at over $200 plus tip for just the 4 of us.

What? Really? Most people love Narcoosee's! Just don't order the surf 'n' turf.

Best service of the whole trip, the food was great but there wasn't really anything on the menu I was really in the mood for so I didn't enjoy it as much as I could have. The key lime creme brulee was incredible though.

Link to my review in my signature.

Why not?

That's what I had a few nights ago.

Wasn't as good as the filet at California Grill or Citrico's but it was definitely above-average. The lobster was excellent, too, and I'm not a big fan of lobster (or crab legs)

I ate at Narcoossee's for the first time last December. It wasn't bad, it just wasn't as great as some of the other Signatures like Citricos. View was nice. I had a very good Ceasar Salad. My lobster angnolotti was just OK. My friend had a whole Maine Lobster and really liked it.
I thought the bread was awful though - like something from the Winn Dixie bakery.

Why not?

That's what I had a few nights ago.

Wasn't as good as the filet at California Grill or Citrico's but it was definitely above-average. The lobster was excellent, too, and I'm not a big fan of lobster (or crab legs)
The surf 'n' turf lobster tail is prepared from frozen, whereas the whole lobster is fresh. There are frequent complaints around here about the texture of the frozen lobster.

I actually don't like lobster, so I don't know from experience. But it's the *only* thing I've ever seen complaints about from there.

Sounds good so far! I'm pretty sure we won't be getting anything with lobster. The friends we're going with have a house in Maine where we visit every summer - we get the freshest lobster you can get - straight off the docks for about $5/pound. It is SO delicious it makes it hard to eat lobster anywhere else!! :)

They have a special seating time reserved for paties bigger than 8 (or maybe it was 10), so we're eating at 6pm which is perfect for us with the little ones. We're planning on doing MK during the day, back to poly to relax for a while, monorail to GF, enjoy the lobby, dinner then if the kids are still being good maybe some more lobby time.

We eat at Narcoosee's every trip... and have yet to be disappointed. The service has always been very good, and they don't rush you. We typically make ADR's so we are there for Wishes... it is such a treat to be able to leave your meal temporarily and go watch Wishes from the deck and then come back to your meal. (The servers have had our meals held in the kitchen while we are watching Wishes a couple of times). The food has always been very good. I don't think you are making a mistake by going.. enjoy!

My upcoming trip will be the 1st time eating at Narcoosee's. We always go to Citrico's. Thought we would try Narcoosee's this time.

We don't want to go too expensive

DH and I ate there for the first time, in Sept. We both loved it and are going back in April. But our meal cost about $130. That was for 2 appetizers, 2 entrees, 1 dessert, 2 alcoholic beverages and 2 ice teas. We thought the meal and 'experience' was worth it but I certainly WOULD consider it to be expensive.

Have you checked out the menus at the Wave? That is a very nice place, with lower prices.

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

DH and I ate there for the first time, in Sept. We both loved it and are going back in April. But our meal cost about $130. That was for 2 appetizers, 2 entrees, 1 dessert, 2 alcoholic beverages and 2 ice teas. We thought the meal and 'experience' was worth it but I certainly WOULD consider it to be expensive.

Have you checked out the menus at the Wave? That is a very nice place, with lower prices.

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Thanks! I looked at the menus and this one seemed a little less than the other choices of Cali Grill and Citricos. We know we're going to be spending more than normal though. Our friends will be on the dining plan so we'll be the ones having to shell out the big bucks! I think I'm going to get the TIW card though. IN the past we never got it because we rarely do sit downs, but after this meal we'll only need one or two more to pay for it I think.

We have eaten there twice, and we love it. The sea food is good, and up here in Newfoundland we know seafood!! Relax, go and enjoy!!

HB

We've eaten there four times so far and love it! I have another ADR for our July trip. My all time favorite meal there is the shrimp chowder, whole lobster, and almond crusted cheesecake. DH's favorite meal is the crab cake appetizer, surf and turf and and the cheesecake.

We liked the food a lot. I've never seen a lot of bad reviews? I think it usually gets positive reviews. The food is very good. We went last April. Our server wasn't the best but the food made up for it. We plan to go back there this April and might go twice. The mussel app is great & the cheesecake for dessert is the best on the property I think.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter