Tell me about the Swan

JWFLA422 how did you have a "heavenly bed" in the parlor area. I thought they only had pull-outs?

Does anyone know?

I just returned from the Swan and we were given the grand suite which was wonderful!! We didn't use it but our parlor area had a queen heavenly bed in it. I actually used it as a sitting area because it was right next to a balcony and I would open up the blinds and the sliding glass door and just lay there and look at my beautiful Epcot view and listening to the people going by and the Friendship boats going back and forth, absolutely beautiful!!!! This suite is on the east wing and has the most beautiful views!!!

We stayed at the Swan a few years ago, and really enjoyed our stay!! In looking at the pictures posted, I'm just realizing we must have been upgraded to a Studio, because that was exactly how our room looked! It was very spacious!

The walk to Epcot was really not bad at all, and we walked back from MGM one night. We didn't realize it at the time we booked, but the Swan is the first pick up and drop off for bus service. Service was great at the Swan!

We'll be back at the Swan Nov 29 - Dec 3 - can't wait!!! Hey Tikiman, when will yall be at the Swan???

Magic2000 said:
We didn't realize it at the time we booked, but the Swan is the first pick up and drop off for bus service. Service was great at the Swan!

It's why I love the Swan because Epcot is my favorite park and we can just walk over. Yes, it was great that the Swan is the first bus stop. I think sometimes Boardwalk is but it depends on where the bus is going. At times the bus was pretty full when it got to the Swan and I found out they were Boardwalk guests and then sometimes when the bus got to the Swan it was empty so you knew we were the first stop so I think it depends on where the bus was going.

I can't believe I've been home one week already....I wish I was back at the Swan!!!!!

We have been looking at the Swan or Dolphin for our trip next summer. Are the pools between both resorts? If we were going to spend quite a bit of time at the pools, which of the two would be better?

We have stayed at POP and at POFQ twice. We are one of the odd families who think its easier to drive to the parks rather than take the bus. It is my understanding to park at the Swan/Dolphin you must pay $8 a night. What about parking at the parks...do you have to pay or do you get to park free?

Yes, the pool is huge and shared by both hotels. Each hotel also has their own quiet pool which is also very nice and right next to the quiet pool at the Swan is the Splash Grill.

We didn't rent a car and relied on Disney transportation but I thought I heard valet parking at the hotel was $14 but don't quote me on that. I think if your a Disney resort guest you don't have to pay for parking in the parks. I think you are given something you put in your window but double check that too.

We just got back from the Swan last week and I'M already going through withdrawals.....

We really liked the Swan and thought it to be a very good value for a Deluxe resort on property. Not as elaboratley themed as the Polynesian, but still quite nice.

Tikiman needs a crib?!! Where have I been? CONGRATULATIONS ;)

When checking in at Disney resorts, we have always received a resort map. Does anyone have a good resort map they could post or know where I could view one? The few I have seen haven't been very helpful.

DisneyFans4 said:
Yes, the pool is huge and shared by both hotels. Each hotel also has their own quiet pool which is also very nice and right next to the quiet pool at the Swan is the Splash Grill.

We didn't rent a car and relied on Disney transportation but I thought I heard valet parking at the hotel was $14 but don't quote me on that. I think if your a Disney resort guest you don't have to pay for parking in the parks. I think you are given something you put in your window but double check that too.

We just got back from the Swan last week and I'M already going through withdrawals.....
I just got back from the Swan on the 27th of this month and I, too, am having withdrawal...sigh sigh.
I would definitely stay there again without a doubt

Mephistoles said:
I just got back from the Swan on the 27th of this month and I, too, am having withdrawal...sigh sigh.
I would definitely stay there again without a doubt

How were the crowds when you were there? During our first week it wasn't bad at all but during the second you could see a huge difference. We left on the 18th.

FeeFeeWhite said:
JWFLA422 how did you have a "heavenly bed" in the parlor area. I thought they only had pull-outs?

Does anyone know?

We just "rate"... :rotfl2: ...just kidding!! But really, from speaking with other people who have stayed in the Swan suites, most of the palors have beds in them in addition to the pull-out sofa, the room is huge, they can sure fit one in there without a problem. Someone else I knew had a king bed in the palor! I believe we had a full or a queen. Seems like there would be a big empty space in there without that extra bed. We also had a pullout in the studio room as well.

TIKIMAN-if you look at the Swan Executive Suite photos link below, we had a regular king room which had the connecting door to the palor/suite (see photos 8, 9 & 10). This king room is just a like a regular sized room except it had a pull-out and some of the kings have a chair instead. The queens usually have a chair. Even with a pullout you can push it down to the wall and make room for a crib by the window or in the corner.

When we stayed at the Swan in the regular rooms 5 years ago, my dd was in a crib and we put her in the corner area of the room without a problem. I know the furniture layout is different now since they remodeled but there should still be room by the window/slider area for a crib. There's plenty of room by the desk too, if you look at my photo #10, the connecting door is open, normally that door is closed so you can actually put the crib along there as well.

DisneyFans4 said:
How were the crowds when you were there? During our first week it wasn't bad at all but during the second you could see a huge difference. We left on the 18th.
It seemed crowded but I must say that I don't think that we waited more than 20 minutes for popular rides (when we didn't Fast Pass...and we only did that maybe 5 or 6 times TOPS).
I think that my 4 year old son was a bit overwhelmed by the crowds but he gradually came around.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!