Tell me about the Rivers of Light dining package...

mom23boyz

Wishing I Had a Magic Wand
Is it really necessary to buy the dining package in order to get a good seat for Rivers of Light?

No, not necessary. You can always do standby or get a FP. I only do the package if I'm already planning to eat at that restaurant and I'm on the DDP.

Is there a price difference in getting the RoL dining packages vs. not?

Looking specifically at Tusker House on the official site and it seems to me that the buffet is $59.99 per adult for lunch, but the RoL package page indicates $52 for Tusker lunch....

Is this correct?

(We normally have the dining plan, but are paying OOP this trip.)

Thanks.

I believe the package usually costs a bit more. From the sticky on the restaurant thread, here is the latest pricing for TH:
lunch . . . Adult: $47.93, Child: $28.76
lunch-RoL:. Adult: $52.19, Child: $31.95
But both are one credit on DDP

Thanks, I thought it might be more expensive. Since we are not on the DDP, I'm going to change to regular dining and not the RoL package.

Edit: Never mind. Found it! I don't see on that link where Tusker House package is 2 dining credits? What am I missing?

I would not waste your time on the dining package...and quite frankly the show but I guess everyone should see it once. :confused3

We did the dining package and had a great view but it didn’t really look like there were any particularly bad seats so I think you’d be fine without a dining package.

The tusker house is now 2 credits for the RoL package
When did this change take place? when we booked this it was a one table credit. We are only a month out from our trip and will have a hard time getting a regular ADR for this now. since time of booking it was a one table will that be honored when we go or will we now have to give two table credits? If I would have known I would have either booked Tiffins or just booked Tusker House with out the show.

I booked the Tusker House ROL dining package yesterday for October and my reservation email says it is 1 TS credit. I don’t know how to post a screenshot or I would post it.

Edit: this is the best I can do without posting either all the names of my family or the last 4 numbers of my credit card. I promise it is from the Tusker House ROL package confirmation email though.D43F26F0-001F-40CF-AE36-AFAEE015CAF1.png

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter