Tell me about the New Avatar Land

DisMama5

DIS Veteran
Does anyone think any part of the new avatar land will be complete or open for 2015?

I know it says it probably won't be completed total till 2017 but for example the new fantasy land opened in phases at different times. Does anyone know or think some part or rides of it may be open by the end of 2015?

Right now it is Vaporware. Nobody knows when construction will even start. 2017 is a hoped-for opening date.

Does anyone think any part of the new avatar land will be complete or open for 2015? I know it says it probably won't be completed total till 2017 but for example the new fantasy land opened in phases at different times. Does anyone know or think some part or rides of it may be open by the end of 2015?

At the rate it's going now I highly doubt to see much of anything open by 2015. They are moving FOTLK now and vamp Minnie Mickey is going good bye to make way for it so that most of the construction now.

vamp Minnie Mickey

83054176_p.jpg

A scroll down would show several multi-page threads on the subject.

A search function would show an incredible amount of threads on the subject.

Googling the exact title of your thread would give you hundreds of results.

Use the search function, please.

A scroll down would show several multi-page threads on the subject.

A search function would show an incredible amount of threads on the subject.

Googling the exact title of your thread would give you hundreds of results.

Use the search function, please.

I'm new to this site. I am still figuring it all out. Just thought this was boards for questions regardless. I will keep the search function in mind for next time, thanks for the advice.

DisMama5 said:
I'm new to this site. I am still figuring it all out. Just thought this was boards for questions regardless. I will keep the search function in mind for next time, thanks for the advice.

It is.....everyone on this site thinks there Disney Aficionados, don't worry you'll get the hang of it. The new Avatarland is gonna be sweet, if you haven't seen the movie it will be hard to explain. Its gonna all about the Avatar World rather than story based. It will also extend the hours of the park and opening allnew nighttime entertainment and new ride experiences. Animal Kingdom at night is so cool because of all the foliage and water. If you have any questions ill be glad to help.

Does anyone think any part of the new avatar land will be complete or open for 2015?

I know it says it probably won't be completed total till 2017 but for example the new fantasy land opened in phases at different times. Does anyone know or think some part or rides of it may be open by the end of 2015?

It seems highly unlikely that anything will be ready by 2015.

This isn't your uncle walt's Disney...construction is SLOW. and it didn't always go like that (quite the opposite, actually). They have no urgency to complete projects these days...i think its intentional to dilute the investment and slow the pace of "new and exciting".

but that's just a theory and one of my "things"

There will probably be no major rides by the end of 2015, but there will be something. Just like with Fantasy Land. I think Disney will open the walk through area first, this shouldn't be difficult. There are other aspects that they may do because they are simple but will be throwing people a bone. Look how the major ride isn't open in Fantasy Land but attendance increased when they "opened" the land anyway.

It is a full two years plus to the end of 2015. They made an announcement and are beginning construction. I am sure logistics have been put in place even before the announcement.

They will give us something, probably small, the question is, exactly what?

:)

Don't worry about it and welcome. No one is forced to read any thread they don't want to.:confused3

Some like to do detailed searches, some just want to converse on the subject and the number of times doesn't matter.

It is a valid and interesting question, that's why I'm here. :thumbsup2

I didn't want to do a search. :p

I am anxious to see, and interested to discuss the possibilities of what we might see first, and when.

Really? Give the OP a break!

Oh, for God's sakes, it was a suggestion.

We have endless posts about Avatarland, FP+, and Magicbands. It clutters the board. It's a completely acceptable thing to ask someone to please ask about this subject where the subject is already being conversed. Not only will that keep the boards more organized and easily navigable, but she will likely find more and better answers there.

Talk about touchy.

I am planning a trip in the Spring of 2016. I am of the belief there might (a big might) be a walk through or something. To be honest I am not planning anything dealing with Avatar in 2016. The whole process on Avatar has been so slow that I believe 2017 is when they will open something up and mid to late 2018 is when it will start actually having stuff. I am not being negative on this but Disney has really slow played Avatarland.
All that said, who knows with the move of FOTLK and Camp Minnie Mickey, that part of the park will be totally isolated and construction could go fast. Some of Disney's other construction sites did not have this luxury.

Thank you for all the input and welcomes, everyone! These boards have been very helpful thus far. I figured nothing major would be open but couldn't hurt to ask and see what other people's opinions were on the topic as well, atleast we have something to look forward to I suppose :)

O lets hope so and we could plan for years in advance. ::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter