Tell me about the hotel in the Orlando airport

We stayed at the Hyatt before and after our cruise. We arrived Friday night at around 8:30pm. My daughters wanted to swim so we took them to the pool for a while before bed. The next morning. We went to the Disney and Universal shops in the airport and had a quick breakfast at the airport food court. It was so nice and convenient to leave our luggage in the room and we made our way to the busses to the terminal. After our cruise, we got a day room because our flight was at 3:45pm. We planned to swim, but we were all exhausted because one of my daughters got sick in the middle of the night the night before and we did not sleep much. So, we all ended up napping, then a little more Disney shopping, then off to our flight. I think we left our room an hour before our flight.

You really cannot beat the convenience of the Hyatt along with the on-board airline check-in on the way home. We left our luggage in our hotel room Saturday morning and did not have to transport our luggage anywhere again until we arrived at our home airport.

We are going to spend one night at the Hyatt in a few weeks for a trip to Universal Studios. On the way home, we are taking an early am flight because I have to work that day, but my husband and kids do not. We will spend all day Sunday at the park, then go to the airport in the evening so we can just get up in the morning for our flight.

We are going from the cruise and staying for a day pass at the Airport Hyatt bc our flight is not until evening. I might be misunderstanding you, but are you saying from the cruise, they handled your checked luggage instead of you having to get it after customs at the terminal? We've never used airline check-in and wondering if we could in our scenario.

We are going from the cruise and staying for a day pass at the Airport Hyatt bc our flight is not until evening. I might be misunderstanding you, but are you saying from the cruise, they handled your checked luggage instead of you having to get it after customs at the terminal? We've never used airline check-in and wondering if we could in our scenario.
If you are flying on a domestic flight on a participating airline, with your flight departing the same day as your cruise returns, you can do the onboard airline check in. You leave your (checked) bags outside your room onboard the ship the last night and the next time you see them will be at your home airport at the end of your flight.

AND, you must have purchased EITHER DCL transfers and/or your airflights through DCL to participate.

Participating airlines are:
Alaska Airlines
American Airlines
Delta Air Lines
JetBlue Airways
United Airlines

If you are flying on a domestic flight on a participating airline, with your flight departing the same day as your cruise returns, you can do the onboard airline check in. You leave your (checked) bags outside your room onboard the ship the last night and the next time you see them will be at your home airport at the end of your flight.

AND, you must have purchased EITHER DCL transfers and/or your airflights through DCL to participate.

Participating airlines are:
Alaska Airlines
American Airlines
Delta Air Lines
JetBlue Airways
United Airlines

Thank you! I knew there was an either/or but I couldn't find it on the DCL website, i looked twice.

We were quite happy with our experience there.

Got in late, around 9:30 by the time we had our luggage and 9:45 by the time we grabbed fast food dinner to bring to our room.
It was SO MUCH EASIER than even thinking of taking a shuttle to a nearby hotel.

Check-in was fast, our room was spacious. (Upgraded for more space).

Since we had a lot of luggage and two small children we were very grateful for their luggage service of delivering bags from room to ship.
(The night before we were a bit of a scene with 4 suitcases, a stroller and two small boys.)

Their buffet breakfast was EXCELLENT.

We went to Kennedy post cruise and then spent the night at the Hyatt as we had an early flight out the following morning. The hotel pool was quite nice. We missed the movies and waterslides, but it worked for us.

How much is the breakfast buffet? Two posters have mentioned how good it is. We are staying there next week.

We stayed there 3 weeks ago for 1 night before our WDW vacation started. We were happy with the room, it was really nice!

Well that settles it, I'm going to book it for before as well as a day room for after since our flight isn't until 4pm. I'm excited!

How much is the breakfast buffet? Two posters have mentioned how good it is. We are staying there next week.

orlandoairport.regency.hyatt.com has links to menus.

Attachments

• ORLAN-Hemisphere-Breakfast-111716.pdf
    404.5 KB · Views: 14
The reason to stay here for me is convenience. We stayed here because we were landing after midnight before a WDW trip.
Overall It is a decent hotel but we felt it to be overpriced. The rooms are nice and clean but are nothing special. We didn't stay long enough to swim but I did enjoy the balcony that overlooked the area just outside of the security checkpoint. It was a great place to people watch while I drank my morning coffee.

We would stay here again but only for the convienince of it all. I have nothing negative to say about the placemother than the price.

Have stayed several times overnite great easy, convenient stay. WE ve also used their day room option while awaiting an afternoon flight on our departure day and post cruise another time.
Worth the cost and typically we got a discount. Would recommend.

The buffet breakfast is pretty expensive. We paid slightly extra for our room so that it included breakfast.

I thought it was much nicer than the free buffet that I get at a Residence Inn, for example. More choices, with higher quality food.
(A yummy baked french toast, for example, rather than cold stale french toast.)

When booking at the Hotel in the Airport, do they charge at time of booking or pay when arrive?

When booking at the Hotel in the Airport, do they charge at time of booking or pay when arrive?
I booked through SW/booking.com yesterday and there was no charge at time of booking (pay upon arrival). Cancel for no charge up to 3 days before.

Looking for clarification for my trip:
So I'm already booked, but never stayed here before. We are arriving shortly after 11pm, we can have our checked bags collected and brought to the room? How does this work/how much does it cost?
Then leaving on the cruise the next morning DCL transport will collect our bags from the room.?. Just leave them with tags on similar to the bag pick up at the WDW resorts?
Returning to the airport, we will have to collect our luggage since we are flying SW and check in at the airport (different than DME?). Making sure I understand all this...

When you check in at the front desk, let them know you're sailing out the next morning. They'll let you know what time to have your luggage ready. In the morning, we put our luggage tags on the bags, left them in the hallway, and they took them to the Disney buses for us. It wasn't terribly early, either. If I remember correctly, it was after we had breakfast.

After your cruise, when flying Southwest - yes, pick up your own bags from the port terminal and take them to the buses to head back to the airport.

When you check in at the front desk, let them know you're sailing out the next morning. They'll let you know what time to have your luggage ready. In the morning, we put our luggage tags on the bags, left them in the hallway, and they took them to the Disney buses for us. It wasn't terribly early, either. If I remember correctly, it was after we had breakfast.

After your cruise, when flying Southwest - yes, pick up your own bags from the port terminal and take them to the buses to head back to the airport.
When we checked in and told them we were using DCL transfers the next morning they gave us this letter:
hyatt mco letter front 2016 1413 P1080732 1500.jpg

It directed us to put the tags on and leave them inside the room for pickup. I'd be leery of putting my bags out side the door there. And we had to fill out the bottom portion to hand in at the DCL bus check in point. It's a cross check that all bags were picked up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter