Tell me about the hotel in the Orlando airport

On a side note, we used them as a day room on our return from DCL while waiting for our 6pm flight home. For the money, it was perfect and we were upgraded to a suite. For the 5 hours we were there, it was worth the money and extremely convenient.

This is what we are doing after our cruise this August bc our flight is later in the day. How was the pool? How much time would you allow for checking out and going to your gate?

If staying at the Orlando Airport Hyatt pre-cruise get a quote from DCL for the room. It might be lower than the hyatt website rate even with discounts.
I just added my room to the DCL reservation. It was $22 cheaper than booking directly with Hyatt.com.

Have stayed there 3 times precruise and it is very convenient but a bit pricey. One other plus is your will meet a lot of fellow cruisers around the pool and in the bar!

This is what we are doing after our cruise this August bc our flight is later in the day. How was the pool? How much time would you allow for checking out and going to your gate?
We were all exhausted and ended up napping (since our flight got home at 830p and we still had 1 1/2 hours drive home) so no experience with the pool. Checking out was easy - the guy that checked us in saw us waiting in the line and he asked for the key and that was that. We still allowed an hour and a half to get to our gate - it took us 30 minutes to get through security... :-/

We stayed at the Hyatt before and after our cruise. We arrived Friday night at around 8:30pm. My daughters wanted to swim so we took them to the pool for a while before bed. The next morning. We went to the Disney and Universal shops in the airport and had a quick breakfast at the airport food court. It was so nice and convenient to leave our luggage in the room and we made our way to the busses to the terminal. After our cruise, we got a day room because our flight was at 3:45pm. We planned to swim, but we were all exhausted because one of my daughters got sick in the middle of the night the night before and we did not sleep much. So, we all ended up napping, then a little more Disney shopping, then off to our flight. I think we left our room an hour before our flight.

You really cannot beat the convenience of the Hyatt along with the on-board airline check-in on the way home. We left our luggage in our hotel room Saturday morning and did not have to transport our luggage anywhere again until we arrived at our home airport.

We are going to spend one night at the Hyatt in a few weeks for a trip to Universal Studios. On the way home, we are taking an early am flight because I have to work that day, but my husband and kids do not. We will spend all day Sunday at the park, then go to the airport in the evening so we can just get up in the morning for our flight.

Checking out for us took two minutes and going to our gate took about 10 minutes (including the time to get through the detectors and then looking for our gate). We went three hours before our evening flight because we wanted to have dinner at Outback Steakhouse. :)

We've stayed there three times before cruises and will be there again tomorrow night (or, rather, extremely early Saturday morning...yikes). The convenience cannot be beat. My wife and daughter check us in while our boys and I get our luggage. We pack a carry-on with all our sleep gear and next day essentials so we don't have to touch the checked bags. We've used the pool and it is a nice place to spend a few hours. The restaurants are good, the one on the main floor we use for dinner and go to the buffet on the top floor for breakfast which has a really cool view of planes taking off and landing. I really can't think of a single complaint.

We always book rooms right after we make our cruise reservations to lock-in the lowest rate possible. Every time the cost has gone up through time so it's been a good strategy. We've also used Hyatt points which definitely saved some good money.

We stayed there post cruise, very convenient, the pool was amazing, clean and can't beat the location when it comes to flying in/out. Kids loved walking around the airport, shopping and lots of choice for meals. The only thing I didn't like, double beds... rooms either have a king or two doubles.

We have been there twice and enjoyed the place both times.
My trouble with the Hyatt pricing is that we have 3 adults and 2 kids and don't want 2 rooms. AFAIK i have to book a suite room there which is currently $450 w/AAA! So, we are leaning toward Hampton Inn Gateway. 2Q beds with a sleeper sofa for 156... plus free breakfast and shuttle service to the airport and restaurants... Unless Hyatt drops dramatically the convenience is just not worth that upcharge for us.

We had a king, a sofabed and they brought a roll-away bed for my 2nd kid.
We had to pay more for a bigger room, but it was worth it.

Please note there are TWO Hyatt hotels near the Orlando airport

1) Hyatt Regency is located in the Airport

2) Hyatt Place is a short shuttle ride to/from the airport, but usually cheeper

-Paul

yes, when I recently booked the Hyatt for an upcoming trip in December, I though I had booked the one in the airport. I had accidentally booked the other one. I cancelled that and booked the Regency last night,

-Paul
And OP was asking about the hotel IN the airport (in the title).

Can anyone please describe how you get there from the gates when your flight arrives? Our last trip I (briefly) looked around the airport to see where it was and I didn't notice it.

Can anyone please describe how you get there from the gates when your flight arrives? Our last trip I (briefly) looked around the airport to see where it was and I didn't notice it.
You need to head to the main part of the airport (the various gates are out from the 4 different corners from there. The Hyatt Regency is on level 4 (upper center of the map). Close to the security check area for gates 70-129.
orlando mco main terminal map with directions.jpg

It's right before you go down the stairs/escalators to baggage claim. You should see signs.

We are staying next week, and our rate is 169$ all in. Booked through Last Minute Travel Club. BOLO for free club membership. I got mine free, and LMT Club consistently has the lowest rates. Keep checking. My rate was 199$ until February, when it dropped for June.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter