Tell me about the Four Seasons Disney...

tinkb

Earning My Ears
We've stayed in and out of Disney before and I definitely prefer to stay on site. Our go-to resort is booked for the dates we're planning to go, so I'm looking at plan B. We've stayed at Four Seasons resorts before and they're amazing but I'm not sure how that will work with Disney. I'm concerned with the shuttles to and from the park being convenient, especially with an 18mo old, 4yo and 6yo.

I would love to get some reviews from people who have stayed there, especially with young kids. We'll be there for 5 nights and will do parks probably every day except for arrival and departure days. Will probably get park hoppers and hit two parks some days with a midday break. Is this going to be difficult with the shuttles?

I'd love to stay on the monorail for convenience but I can't sell DH on the hotels.

We've stayed in and out of Disney before and I definitely prefer to stay on site. Our go-to resort is booked for the dates we're planning to go, so I'm looking at plan B. We've stayed at Four Seasons resorts before and they're amazing but I'm not sure how that will work with Disney. I'm concerned with the shuttles to and from the park being convenient, especially with an 18mo old, 4yo and 6yo.

I would love to get some reviews from people who have stayed there, especially with young kids. We'll be there for 5 nights and will do parks probably every day except for arrival and departure days. Will probably get park hoppers and hit two parks some days with a midday break. Is this going to be difficult with the shuttles?

I'd love to stay on the monorail for convenience but I can't sell DH on the hotels.
With 2 small kids and a baby at Disney World, you can't sell your husband on the incomparable convenience of a monorail resort? Wow. That is one tough customer...:snooty:

I know, he just doesn't see the value. I will say, for what is available the monorail resorts are by far more expensive than the Four Seasons.

Can't help with the four seasons, but have you thought about renting points to stay at a monorail resort?

I've gone with a 5yo, 3yo, and twin 8mos old. We stayed at Polynesian. The convenience of the monorail was HUGE. We stay at Grand Flo the next year and Bay Lake this year. We rented points and the price is a lot more bearable.

I know, he just doesn't see the value. I will say, for what is available the monorail resorts are by far more expensive than the Four Seasons.
Really. I've generally found the Four Seasons to be pricier. Is this a last-minute trip, or are you planning way in advance? Keep in mind that deluxe Disney resorts tend to have 25 - 30% discounts available for most of the year. You just have to wait until a few months before the trip to book those deals. The best monorail deal in town is a garden wing room at the Contemporary. Those are cheaper than Four Seasons even without the discount, & the convenience of being not only on the monorail but also within walking distance of the Magic Kingdom is priceless.

Four Seasons Orlando is a wonderful with resort with service superior to most Disney deluxe resorts. It is very enjoyable for a visit not focused on the parks or with older children. I would not want to stay there with young children without alternative transportation for the parks. Personally, I would stay at the Contemporary for the ease of walking to MK and the monorail. If your husband is concerned about value I would steer you to Hilton or Waldorf Bonnet Creek for far less than Disney or Four Seasons you can have a large suite with living/dining/bedroom, nice pools and transportation equal to Four Seasons. The suite is easily 3X the space you would receive at Four Seasons. Service is good, not Four Seasons but with a good rate we often pay $257 for a suite before taxes and fees. If you are Hilton Honors members with status you will get your perks as well and perhaps an upgrade to a larger suite etc.

He doesn't mind paying for the Four Seasons but I can't get him on board with the rates at the Contemporary because he thinks it's not up to par. Please correct me if this is not the case though.

I thought I was planning far enough out, I was hoping to go at the end of this September but things seem to be picked over. I'm now looking at the end of October but wondering if it will be warm enough to swim.

It comes down to what you want in a resort. You will spend a lot of time getting to and from the parks at Four Seasons. This will be a bit more complicated because of the the age of your children and the things required to travel with them. If I planned on spending the majority of time in the parks it would not be worth it to me and I am someone that values luxury above most things. If you plan on spending a lot of time poolside or visiting other attractions outside of Disney then I would choose Four Seasons.

What is the concern with the Disney resorts of specifically the Contemporary ? When our children were that age we always stayed club level at a Disney resort for the ease of breakfast and snacks and for us the a place to wind down and have drinks in the evening without having to go to a lounge.

He values the luxury and exceptional service (as well as the pool) over convenience, although we had hoped that since it's the Four Seasons they might also have an amazingly convenient shuttle service. He thinks the Contemporary hasn't been updated over the years and that it's not worth the money. This is all going by one quick ride through on the monorail a few years ago and may be off base. Many of the dates that I'm looking at has the Contemporary's rooms starting at $1,000 a night.

I would of course prefer to stay at the Four Seasons but not if transportation will be a nightmare. I have no interest in renting a car and we won't be visiting attractions outside of Disney.

Are the buses that run from Disney resorts better than the Four Season's shuttle?

He values the luxury and exceptional service (as well as the pool) over convenience, although we had hoped that since it's the Four Seasons they might also have an amazingly convenient shuttle service. He thinks the Contemporary hasn't been updated over the years and that it's not worth the money. This is all going by one quick ride through on the monorail a few years ago and may be off base. Many of the dates that I'm looking at has the Contemporary's rooms starting at $1,000 a night.

I would of course prefer to stay at the Four Seasons but not if transportation will be a nightmare. I have no interest in renting a car and we won't be visiting attractions outside of Disney.

Are the buses that run from Disney resorts better than the Four Season's shuttle?

The buses from Disney resorts drop you off in front of the Magic Kingdom. The shuttle from Four Seasons puts you at TTC, where you have to wait and take the monorail/ferry to the Magic Kingdom. So yes, the Disney buses are better!

Contemporary is not bad, but it's not the Four Seasons. You are paying for proximity to the Magic Kingdom. Well worth it, in my opinion, if you can afford it and have 3 kids at 6 and under. (Not for $1000/night - you can pay a lot less than that if you keep looking.) Folding up a double stroller and getting on a shuttle bus 2x (or even 4x) a day is perhaps the worst part of a Disney vacation for many. If you go with Contemporary Garden wing, set your expectations low on services/amenities, but enjoy the good beds + walking to MK for the bulk of your vacation time.

I'm with your husband, the Four Seasons is oh so much nicer than the Contemporary - it's not even in the same ballpark.

I would book something at Contemporary, Grand Floridian, Polynesian or Wilderness Lodge - check the DVC villas as well - even it should be possible to rent points if necessary. I think you can get something for nearly half what you were quoted. I would even consider one of you getting an annual pass if the passholder discounts were a great deal of savings for you. I was recently looking for passholder discounts for June and there were rooms at the Contemporary for $400ish - even the GF for about that - and one bedroom villas for $500- the new villas at WL were less than $500. I even saw standard rooms at the WL for less than $300. You may be going at a high demand time but I would at least check. I try never to pay full price for a Disney resort.

The Waldorf has rooms for less than $300 as well - at least for June. But I agree that with young kids - the transportation is not ideal.

If I were booking a stay at the Four Seasons I think I might just leave the kids with Grandma and Grandpa and have a nice couple's vacation - just my two cents.

I have not heard of renting points before. Can you tell me how I would go about doing this?

Davids DVC rental is an option many here on the boards recommend - anyway it is a place to start your research as to whether it would be something you would want to do.

One thing to consider in renting points is that DVC members don't have included daily housekeeping or toiletries if that matters to you. You can however pay for extra housekeeping and toiletries.

Just going to say it's as subdued and clean lined as every other Four Seasons. The hotel has wonderful service and great pool and amenities. But even though they have a bus hire a car. Or pick another resort. It's not by any stretch as fake or themed as a Disney Resort.

We had no problem getting around with our kids using the 4S shuttles. Found them to be much more convenient and nicer than the Disney buses. I don't find the advantage of the Contemporary's walking distance to MK to be enough of an offset vs having to use Disney buses to get to everywhere else. 4S shuttles we always had a seat, they handled our stroller very well, no crowds and usually a cold bottle of water if we wanted it. You just need to plan ahead to meet them on time and personally I'd rather meet a shuttle at a set time than show up and wait a random 2-25 minutes for what could end up being a totally packed bus.

I really like the Contemporary and believe that every Disney fan should stay there at least once but I also think the 4S Orlando is the best hotel in Florida. Only drawback was I found the food to be very pricey.

Oh there is no question that the Four Seasons is way better than any of the Disney hotels. I saw people standing of Disney Busses which would not happen on a Four Seasons Bus. I found the actual theming to be the top. And the pool is huge. But I found the whole place to be adult more than kid orientated. But I do feel the theming at Disney Hotels to be more Disney than real. I am looking at Singita in Africa and none of them even look remotely like the AKL. I found the food to be quite great. I found American food to be much cheaper than Australian food.

Four Seasons Orlando is a wonderful with resort with service superior to most Disney deluxe resorts. It is very enjoyable for a visit not focused on the parks or with older children. I would not want to stay there with young children without alternative transportation for the parks. Personally, I would stay at the Contemporary for the ease of walking to MK and the monorail. If your husband is concerned about value I would steer you to Hilton or Waldorf Bonnet Creek for far less than Disney or Four Seasons you can have a large suite with living/dining/bedroom, nice pools and transportation equal to Four Seasons. The suite is easily 3X the space you would receive at Four Seasons. Service is good, not Four Seasons but with a good rate we often pay $257 for a suite before taxes and fees. If you are Hilton Honors members with status you will get your perks as well and perhaps an upgrade to a larger suite etc.

You should not pay for breakfast for either hotel especially when there are so many legit ways to getting free meals. I can always give you the manager of the Four Seasons name.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter