Tell me about the Flamingo...

jennib5426

DIS Veteran
I have a work meeting at the Flamingo in March. Every review I have read about this hotel is awful. They all say the rooms are dirty and worn down.
How bad are the rooms and the rest of the hotel?

I can get a room at Paris for free with my players card and walk to the meeting in the mornings.

I have stayed at Planet hollywood, Bellagio and Palazzo, all have been a great experience.

What would you do?

Well if it were me I would stay at paris. The flamingo is an older hotel. So the places you have stayed at you would probably want to run. Hope you have a great stay.

I've heard that Paris is starting to look tired and it's worth getting something other than the base rooms.

Last stay at the Flamingo I didn't find it dirty anywhere room or public areas. But the furniture in particular was really worn. The armoire looked like it had been bumped into by 1,000 suit cases. No torn cushions on the chairs or anything like that. I'd consider getting one of thier GO! rooms that were all new a couple years ago.

Hmmm, it's been about 5 years or so since I've stayed at the Flamingo Hotel, since I now own a timeshare at the Flamingo Hilton Grand Vacation Club, right behind it. But, remembering my last stay, I thought the rooms were perfectly fine. No problems, and certainly 10 times better than Imperial Palace next door. Stayed at IP once, and never again. But I'd do Flamingo again, no problem.

And since I stay at the HGVC behind it often, I use the hotel pool a lot. I love it - it's one of the better pools in Vegas.

-Bob

Love Flamingo, rooms can be little dated, but never dirty- I would def. upgrade to a GO room (brand new, they just re-did them)- we have stayed at Paris also and didn't find their rooms that much better but either way, you are going for free hu? so it's personal preference, but if you get comped you are expected to play or your won't get that comp again, so if you don't plan on gambling, I would stay at Flamingo and save your comp.

We have friends that go to Vegas 3 times a year and always stay at the Flamigo (they get it comped). We have been in thier room and it was fine, but definately dated and worn. If you stay at the Flamigo I would just stay at one of their GO rooms so it is a bit newer.

If you can get Paris comped, you should be able to grab Flamingo GO on a comp also, unless the convention has booked or reserved so many rooms that it would be difficult. You really can't 'save' your comps. If you have earned them, you can use them - you aren't limited to one time shot of course.

Flamingo regular rooms can be very worn, but are normally still a clean & comfy room. Both regular & GO floor hallways need a serious carpet replacement (at least as of last fall) so ignore the hall carpet, LOL!!! Paris regular are getting a bit frayed (room was really pretty good - lots of scuffed hallway paint -but that doesn't affect my stay), but are still a great room & a wonderful place to stay.

I alternate between Flamingo GO & Paris. Always wish I were at the other for some reason or another, but never willing to spend the time moving to a new resort halfway thru & wasting that time. The walk from Paris to Flamingo is probably ??10 minutes. You can cut through the back hallway thru Ballys, exit near registration on Flamingo drive & cross over to Bills via the ground level crossing back there. I had to hightail it to a Bingo tourney from Paris to the Flamingo conference area when I read my watch wrong. It was a quick walk. If you go out to the Strip, it will be a bit more 'meandering' as you have to go up & over the overhead walks & you do a bit of doubling-back.

We stayed at the Flamingo last summer, in a Go room. It was nice, kind of a "go go" theme, white vinyl backboard, nice lighted closets, automatic window blinds, mini tv in mirror in bathroom, larger bathroom with large shower (as one no tub). We stayed because it was enroute with Lux bus that we took from Anaheim...they have a Margaritaville, a Japanese restaurant, and several others, and their pool area is beautiful! Flamingos, ducks, etc. I would give it a whirl!

Just stayed at Flamingo in April. We stayed up a GO Room, upgraded to Deluxe w/view for $15 more (total $60/night). The room was clean, huge, modern and overlooking the Bellagio Fountains. We loved the room and that's it. The lobby is crowed, shops remind me of a train station and did not like the pool. However, the pool attendant told us we can use any of Caesar's pools, so we walked 5 min across bridge and spent day at Caesar Palace pools (which was incredible) and only paid Flamingo rates.
I would definetly stay in a GO Room ago if I could get it that cheap again.

I ended up in a strip view Go room as a comp.

Room was ok but very small, beds were comfortable.
The big problem was the noise from the strip, I was on the 19th floor and I herd so much noise I got no sleep. There is a big club across the street at Caesars and when that place is open it is like the music is in your room all night. The bass was so loud I could feel it in my bones.
I called the front desk and they said, oh yeah thats the club at Caesers, we are aware of the noise but can do nothing about it and it goes till 5am...

Never again

I am trying out Aria in June, hopefully it will be better.

I ended up in a strip view Go room as a comp.

Room was ok but very small, beds were comfortable.
The big problem was the noise from the strip, I was on the 19th floor and I herd so much noise I got no sleep. There is a big club across the street at Caesars and when that place is open it is like the music is in your room all night. The bass was so loud I could feel it in my bones.
I called the front desk and they said, oh yeah thats the club at Caesers, we are aware of the noise but can do nothing about it and it goes till 5am...

Never again

I am trying out Aria in June, hopefully it will be better.

That is amazing, I've stayed strip view and couldn't hear a thing outside the hotel. Hoepfully Aria goes much better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter