Tell Me About the Beach Club

SandyinMonterey

DIS Veteran
Our home resort is WL. Staying at BC for the first time mostly because my daughter likes the pool. So....tell me all about the BC. What should I know? TIA

The entrance to the big water slide is located outside of the fence for Storm Along Bay, which is okay if your kids can handle going down by themselves but not if they are to young.

There is a quick service located right next to the pool bar, as well as one at the market in the main resort.

Hopefully your daughter is older and able to swim because SAB can be a nightmare if you have smaller kids or kids with differing capabilities for swimming. You have to watch younger kids like a hawk because the place is so spread out and it has so many different places to play. It's a nice place to stay to walk to Epcot (it's closer from BCV than BWV). The Marketplace is a nice place to get a snack or quick meal.

As for the villas, there are two banks of elevators, so if you are coming from the parking lot (and it's easy to park there if you have a car) you can use the smaller one. If you are coming from the main hotel or Epcot, you can use the main elevator bank. The room layout is nearly identical to SSR, BRV, BWV, but the décor is different. It used to be more beachy looking, now it's a little less so.

Definitely go to Beaches and Creme and order the Kitchen Sink {huge ice cream sundae that severs 4-6 people}!!

Definitely go to Beaches and Creme and order the Kitchen Sink {huge ice cream sundae that severs 4-6 people}!!
Except it turns into ice cream soup after about 15-20 minutes of eating. If your group is smaller or you want something big for one, get the Mickey Pants sundae.

We thought that Beaches and Cream was a little over rated, the ice cream selection is limited, and has very limited seating. If you want to go, make sure you have a reservation. Service is very good though and we still enjoyed our after dinner treat. I guess we are a little spoiled with some of the ice cream places around here that have 30-40 flavors.

BCV is behind the BC. Going to Epcot you can bypass the lobby by turning left as you walk out the BCV front door. The path will take you around the BC rooms through a gate that is on the main walkway to Epcot. Pool view is the best view IMO.

:earsboy: Bill

We are staying there now. It’s ridiculously hot! For fun today we set out to go to the Boardwalk Bakery. We started by jumping in the Stormalong Bay Pool. Immediately getting out and walking to the bakery. We were nearly dry by the time we got there. Ordered food, then jumped in the Boardwalk Pool went down the scary clown slide and walked the rest of the way back to beach club. A fun trip and the pool jumping kept the 8 year old from whining.

Before we purchased DVC, we loved staying at Beach Club (now we stay at BWV, the kids have grown). When the kids were young, they loved the pool. Maybe the best at WDW. Really like being by the Boardwalk area and able to walk to HS and EPCOT.

Are there USB ports in the rooms? We're staying in a 1 bedroom villa next week. Thanks!

Are there USB ports in the rooms? We're staying in a 1 bedroom villa next week. Thanks!

Yes, the bureau below the TV's have a bunch of usb ports and I think I remember some of the desks having them. Might have been on some of the lamps as well.

LOVE the BC for proximity to Epcot and HS and walking around the boardwalk. We enjoy walking so we walk the path to HS. Favorite thing about BC though is Stormalong Bay! :beach:Really enjoy it, like the "vibe" of the whole resort. We enjoy the BCV smaller villa pool as well. ENJOY!:cheer2::goodvibes

We also love the BC. We have been staying there for close to 15 years - its our home resort. Our kids are grown now and still love the pool as much as when they were kids. I agree with jerseygal - the "vibe" of the resort is great. You have the convenience of going to the BW, but get the pools and quick service at the BC. There is so much in the general area with the restaurants/bars at the BC and YC as well as easy access to the same by the BW. The walk to Epcot is great! Enjoy!!

We are looking at beach club or wilderness? What do you recommend

Our choice is WL, because we love it's quiet location and proximity to MK. Being able to hop on a boat to get to MK is nice, and the buses are super quick too. If you are going to be spending more time at Epcot though, being able to walk right in from BC is great and you can walk or catch a boat to HS too. Stormalong Bay is a big pool advantage for BC, so that could be a factor if you have kids old enough to enjoy it. The best answer might be a split stay between the two...

We will be checking into BCV this Saturday, 6 am flight , plan is to hangout at the pool until early afternoon when we go into EPCOT. I'm sure our 2 br will not be ready that early, where can we change into swimsuits?

Hopefully your daughter is older and able to swim because SAB can be a nightmare if you have smaller kids or kids with differing capabilities for swimming. You have to watch younger kids like a hawk because the place is so spread out and it has so many different places to play. It's a nice place to stay to walk to Epcot (it's closer from BCV than BWV).

When we were there with our almost 2yo last summer, she liked to walk in the sandy shallow area. Except she was so small that a wave or a stumble would knock her over and she couldn't get up again. So I was always no more than an arm's length away from her! Then DH took our older kid into the deeper areas and I never saw them. Occasionally we would switch off which kid we were watching, but it wasn't really great for all 4 of us spending time at the pool together. And then you have to walk through the FREEZING BC lobby to get to BCV. We are going to wait at least 4 more years until our DD2 is a stronger swimmer.

We will be checking into BCV this Saturday, 6 am flight , plan is to hangout at the pool until early afternoon when we go into EPCOT. I'm sure our 2 br will not be ready that early, where can we change into swimsuits?
You can change at the bathrooms at either pool.

The quick serve there is Beach Club Marketplace, which seems to me to have limited options (especially since they changed their menu last fall). For a much bigger selection, you can go to the new QS at Yacht Club.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter