Tell me about Stingray City

Aristomommy

<font color=deeppink>We were in the “wild animals”
If you went to Stingray City while in Grand Cayman, please tell me about your experience. I am looking for information about which trip to take, since there are so many options. Also, is it better to go early or later in the day? How long was your excursion? Thanks in advance.

Jenni

We were on the 10:15-1:15 trip which be warned is much longer than you would think. We were not even back to CM's storefrount until about 2:30!
It was an amazing experience. First you ride by minivan to their dock where you are fitted for snorkle gear. Then you board the boat. We requested the small boat when booking. There were all together ten people or so on our boat. You head out towards the barrier reef and drop anchor. We snorkled around there for a while.. It was beautiful! A HUGE manta ray swam right under DS and I (DS was slightly freaked) We then got back on board and headed towards the sandbar. Once we got there our guide taught us how to feed the rays and jumped in. He had a bucket of squid and they came from out of nowhere. We stayed there for about 45 mins or so and headed home. It was a GREAT time!

In fact I believe it was a year ago today we went out with Capt. Marvin's. It was one of the neatest things we have ever done. They had a Videotogropher on board who donned scuba gear and taped our adventure from start to finish. We purchased the tape ($54) and have never regretted it.
We are in our mid 50s but there were people of all ages including a baby on board.
We plan to return next year and will book with CM again.

Russ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter