Tell me about Sanaa

BSwest

Mouseketeer
We are thinking about trying Sanna for the 1st time during our trip in November. We have a son who will be 3 at the time. I have a ton of questions. What is the best time to eat to see the animals? Is it worth it if the main focus is the animals? Is it hard to get a table near a window? Is the food really spicy? What is your favorite thing to order?

In Nov I would recommend lunch. You can't really see the animals in the evening hours. If you make a reservation and once you check in, you can request a table by the window. They won't promise that but will do what they can to get you one. I've had to wait an additional 10-15 min in the past to ensure a window seat. As always "off" hours could help ensure a better or faster window seat.
Food is Americanised but it can be a bit spicey. For adults the bread service is not to be missed. You can check their menu on line. They are also VERY accommodating to the sensitivity of spice and can tweak most items if need be. The best burger I've ever had on property was here.
They also have a special gluten free menu available upon request.

Main focus should not be animals, honestly. We had window seats and saw....a bird. Sometimes. You can always ask, and it may take longer. Which, with a 3 year old, may feel like hours.

The food is fantastic, never a bad meal here.

We are thinking about trying Sanna for the 1st time during our trip in November. We have a son who will be 3 at the time. I have a ton of questions. What is the best time to eat to see the animals? Is it worth it if the main focus is the animals? Is it hard to get a table near a window? Is the food really spicy? What is your favorite thing to order?
Go during daylight to see animals.

You can also just stroll the hotel and get similar views.

Be careful with planning, getting resort-to-resort is not always that easy.

The food is very good. By and large, Disney does not do spicy, even when serving 'well-seasoned' food.

I could live on their bread service alone which does have some spicy dips. We have never gone when you can see animals but you can just go outside for that.

We did not get much of a view, but after dinner we went outside to the viewing area and saw plenty.

Don't count on seeing too many animals. You're at ground level on the edge of the Savannah.

We went in June/July and had a window table. There were a few animals roaming around, giraffes and gnus. The food was outstanding! Definitely get the bread service and bring an empty stomach.

16729096_10211131085169455_4126837194579199946_n.jpg

16664887_10211131088569540_2624786843592730680_o.jpg

We went for the first time a couple weeks ago, and we both said it was some of the best food we've had at WDW--LOVED the bread service. Actually, i think the best time to see animals is during their quick service breakfast--we went on our last morning, and it was practically empty. Several window tables available and a lot of animal activity. IDK if they actual advertise the breakfast--we only knew about it b/c we saw a sign in the lobby (we were staying at Kidani).

We went out to the viewing area while waiting on our table and saw lots of animals. One of the CM's was doing a little talk by a fire at the viewing area as night fell - talking about his home country of Botswana. It was really a very lovely setting. Service was pleasant but slow and the food was good. I think my son was 4 or 5 when we ate there. It's a nice choice - not been back since (4/5years) but that's largely related to the location.

I went around 1:15 and they were fading the animals right while we wee eating and it was sorta near the window so we go to see so much it was great! Also the bread service to absolutely delicious

We went last November for my birthday (beginning of the month) and had a 6:30 ADR. We saw lots of animals from our table by the window. They will certainly accommodate your little one. Amazing service and atmosphere. And most definitely get the bread service!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter