Tell me about Providence, Rhode Island

Kogo Shuko

There is no Kogo Shuko, only Zuul.
I am travelling to Providence at the beginning of November for a short getaway to attend the Rhode Island Comic Con! However, we will have a day to explore, and I was hoping for some recommendations, including some good restaurants.

My husband and I both enjoy thrifting/antiquing as well, but I would love to see Providence for what it is. :)

There are a lot of nice Italian restaurants in the Federal Hill area. My sister went to college there, but she graduated in '06 so it's been a while since I've spent much time there aside from stopping into the Tealuxe on Thayer St. to stock up.

Also, the tap water tastes awful, it even taints the taste of fountain sodas.

Federal Hill area is good for italian food - look for the pineapple archway!
Wickenden St also has a lot of good places to eat and little shops all over the place.
Trinity Brewhouse has great craft beers, and if you can catch a show at Trinity Rep I would strongly recommend it.
If you like art, visit the RISD museum, that's also a nice area to just walk around and see the old homes. If you walk towards College Hill from the museum, head for the Roger Williams statue at Prospect Terrace. It's a great view of the city.

We will be at RICC on Sunday, it's our fourth year going and it's always a great time! Have a blast!

Federal Hill area is good for italian food - look for the pineapple archway!
Wickenden St also has a lot of good places to eat and little shops all over the place.
Trinity Brewhouse has great craft beers, and if you can catch a show at Trinity Rep I would strongly recommend it.
If you like art, visit the RISD museum, that's also a nice area to just walk around and see the old homes. If you walk towards College Hill from the museum, head for the Roger Williams statue at Prospect Terrace. It's a great view of the city.

We will be at RICC on Sunday, it's our fourth year going and it's always a great time! Have a blast!

It's an Acorn.

Here are some GREAT Italian restuarants on Federal HIll in no particular order.

Caserino's
Andino's
Old Canteen
Providence Oyster Bar
Venda Ravioli

There is also a Capital Grill close to the dunkin donuts center & convention center where RICC is. Maybe a 5-10 min walk max

There is also a indoor walk way that connects to the Providence Place Mall through the Omni hotel with a cafeteria and some other decent places to grab food.

Another place for great food is Thayer Street which is near Brown and RISD. You "could" walk that but would take an hour or so. Uber/Lyft 10 min ride and wouldn't cost that much. This would probably be a good place for shopping too.

I've lived in this area my entire life, if you have any other specific questions I can answer feel free to reach out. See you at comic con!

If you are there over the first weekend in November, there is a full Waterfire on Saturday, November 2, a salute to Veterans. It takes place at sunset and there are usually lots of vendors there. You can walk there from the convention center. See Waterfire.org for details.
Denise

All I know about Providence, RI is that one of my favorites songs is about the place so it must be a nice spot. Enjoy. :)

Thank you everyone for the recommendations! I now need to find this "pineapple" lol

When I think Italian cuisine, I never though of Providence. But I think maybe we will have to check some of the restaurants out! Yum!

If you are there over the first weekend in November, there is a full Waterfire on Saturday, November 2, a salute to Veterans. It takes place at sunset and there are usually lots of vendors there. You can walk there from the convention center. See Waterfire.org for details.
Denise

This sounds really unique!! I will have to show DH and hopefully he will be interested. ^_^

If anyone else will be at RICC on the Saturday, I'm going to dress up as a Sim. So I'll have my green plumbob on the entire time. ^_^

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter