Tell me about Port Orleans Riverside

We stayed there last June in AB section. The grounds are beautiful and the room was nice and not too small for our family. the kids liked the trundle bed so they didn't have to share a bed. It's a long walk from the rooms to the pool and restaurants but the pathways are pretty and shady. The pool is big with plenty of lounge chairs and a very nice bar area. There is a good selection of choices at the food court. Overall, we really enjoyed our stay there. If I can answer any other questions, just ask.:)

We stayed there in 2002. It was great. We were suppose to stay at Carribean Bch but they called us 2 months before our trip and switched us because they were refurbing the CBR. We were at first very upset but we gave it a try. We did a split stay between Port Orleans Riverside and the Poly. (This was they only way they could accomidate our trip so we went with it) We were pleasantly surprised. The room was great, very neat and we had a great location. The pool was awesome and the kids totally loved the slide. We enjoyed the food court as well. :thumbsup2

You can take a boat ride to downtown Disney from POR, this was very cool.:banana:

Pros: Beautiful, beautiful resort! Great theme. Good food court selection. Plenty of activities around the resort (fishing, carriage rides, surrey bikes, boat rentals, ect). Lush landscaping. Quiet. Big pool, really fun (though small) waterslide. Great quiet pools, too. Bob the piano man. Nice arcade. Cute gift shop. Great ferry ride to DTD. Trundle beds in the AB so families of five can stay in one room.

Cons: Very big. It's very spread out and after a day in the parks sometimes the walk back to your building is tough. Sometimes you have to share a bus with POFQ and you may end up waiting several runs for a bus, then have to stand. Food court gets very crowded at mealtimes (but in between you almost have it to yourself).

:love: POR will always hold a special place in my heart because we stayed there on our very first trip. I fell in love with the place. I loved the overall vibe of the resort. You really felt like you were tucked away somewhere, far from the hustle and bustle of the real world. It is relaxing and just beautiful. I loved POR and would stay there again in a heartbeat. :love:

We stayed there about 2 years ago. It was a very beautiful resort. The room was a little to small but the kids loved the trundle bed. The pool was alright but not the best. If you ever want to go do something in POFQ then it is walking distance. Overall, it was a great hotel!:)

We lucked out and got a room infront of the bus stop (manison side) so not much walking for us. It was for a romantic trip, so the carriage rides the offer was a pro as was the boat ride to downtown disney. The food court was pretty awesome alittle of everything, was not crazy about Boatwrights. The bus were not to bad the longest wait was about 10 minutes because we made the mistake of using the main one at the main entrance.

:goodvibes It always puts me in the Disney mood hearing about poster's upcoming trips. We have stayed at POR twice and love this resort. It is my favorite moderate (the only one we haven't stayed in is CS ). The grounds are beautiful and we never minded the walk. We actually requested one of the alligator b. rooms a little further away from food court because it was so peaceful. We looked into a little courtyard and my youngest loved watching the rabbits in the morning. The food court has a lot of choices and there is a table service restaurant. We rented the surrey bikes ond afternoon and had a pretty ride around the resort. The boat trip to dtd is very relaxing and the pool is just awesome! Definitely check out Bob the piano man in the lounge one night if he is there during your trip. He is a lot of fun!
I don't really have anything negative to say. The rooms are smaller than a deluxe, but comfortable. I didn't think the transportation was any better or worse than any of the other mods. We never had a problem. Have a magical trip!:wizard:

We stayed there is 2006. After much research we decided to stay at Magnolia Terrace Manson. Out the front door across the parking lot is a bus station, out the back is a beautiful walkway to the pool and main building. After a long day it was nice to not have to take a long walk to the pool or to get something to eat or drink. The grounds are just beautiful.

We stayed there along time ago when it was still called dixie landings, before i can remember, but we keep going back since then. The most recent time we stayed we had a great spot. We stayed at the Magnolia Terrace (i beleive) and were right next to a pool, bus stop, and right across from the main themed pool. I know it was good luck but even if we didnt sat in that specific spot it would have still been awesome. The theme is really nice and we liked it so much that we are staying there again this june. We have stayed in other resorts too, but overall, both Port Orleans French Quarter and Riverside are my family's favorites.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter