Tell me about POR - staying 6 nights in Feb!

cheryterese

DIS Veteran
We are staying at POR for 6 nights in February. I booked it because our family of 5 will fit in one room there for a pretty decent price. I've been busy planning our park days and our ADR's but I really know nothing about POR - care to enlighten me? Is there anything we should be sure to do/see there? Thanks!

We are staying at POR for 6 nights in February. I booked it because our family of 5 will fit in one room there for a pretty decent price. I've been busy planning our park days and our ADR's but I really know nothing about POR - care to enlighten me? Is there anything we should be sure to do/see there? Thanks!

There is a whole thread in this subforum with tons of info and pics dedicated to POR :thumbsup2

ETA: Here ya go! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2999316

Stayed there in Feb. had an awesome time. Enjoyed the food court, nice lounge, but very large. You can share the pool at French Quarter with a quick boat ride or long walk. Boat to Downtown Disney is also a treat. Everything had been referbished and had that new car smell. I prefered it over CBR. They also offer buggy rides and boat rentals. Transportation to the parks can be hit or miss depending on your luck. When I visit the resorts I take into consideration that everything won't be 100% perfect, but my stay was pretty dang close. Enjoy...
I will be at Wilderness Lodge 12/16-12/21. Hope it is as enjoyable as POR.

We did it a couple years ago and everyone fit fine with 5. They had full size beds then, but upgraded to queens so even better! Doing it again this February, and funny enough, the same exact dates as you AND it's my birthday too LOL

See you there! You should come over the Feb 2013 thread if you haven't already.

We did it a couple years ago and everyone fit fine with 5. They had full size beds then, but upgraded to queens so even better! Doing it again this February, and funny enough, the same exact dates as you AND it's my birthday too LOL

See you there! You should come over the Feb 2013 thread if you haven't already.

What a small world! I hope you have a great birthday celebration too!

I haven't joined the Feb 2013 thread - off to do that now. Thanks!

We stayed in newly refurbished room in Alligator Bayou in Jan. of this year. We had 3 adults and 2granddtrs 6 & 8. The kids took turns on the Murphy bed as they loved it so much, while the other shared with mom. The new queen beds were awesome.

The resort is so pretty and we loved the boat ride to/from Downtown Disney. We have already booked POR again for next year as it worked so well for our family.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter