Tell me about POP

I think you're making a great decision. We stayed at Pop on our first Disney trip. It really is "Disney", everything about it. It has a very special place in my heart as that's where we were when we first fell in love with WDW, when our hearts were infected with the magic. I'm taking a girls' only trip with my daughters this fall and we're heading back to Pop. I'm so excited! :)

You can still send your laundry out, they just won't come pick it up. :crazy:

I had to haul mine down to the staff area, which if you were standing in front of the main entrance, facing it, would be over to the right. There is a little desk there, but they actually had me come back behind the desk and into their area and wait while they got someone to come take the stuff. It was crazy. :crazy:

They were nice, but it wasn't service-nice. It was almost like I was an employee, too. One guy actually called me "baby." Nice! Really nice people...but it was odd and took a lot of time.

The whole thing was just weird.

I don't remember if I had to pick it up or not. I think they dropped it in the room, but won't swear to it.

They really should have housekeeping do a sweep like every other hotel in the world that has send-out laundry. "Bring it down yourself and hang out in the employee area" is ridiculous, "value" or not.

Two things I don't do on vacation....One is laundry and the other is cook;)

I really am getting excited about POP now.

Pop is fun, upbeat, and very Disney. It has always been very clean and it is recently refurbished. The grounds are beautifully landscaped and the lake is a bonus. We have stayed in the 50's the 80's and the 90's and none are far from Classic Hall. If you cut across the parking lot the 80's and 90's are very close to the bus stops. Twice we have had 1st floor overlooking the pools but have never had a problem with noise. The gift shop is well-stocked, often with clothing items I haven't seen at the parks. We love Pop!

Two things I don't do on vacation....One is laundry and the other is cook;)

I really am getting excited about POP now.

I just do the laundry on our break day while we swim. 4 Bucks as opposed to the ridiculous prices they charge to do it for you.

We stayed in the 70s building in 08. That was our only time at Pop. The room was very small for the 4 of us with a stroller...we had to rearange things just to get the stroller in the door. We spent most of our time at the parks and the rooms were just to sleep so not a big deal for us.

The themes are great. I like the themes of the values. We went around and took pics of all the sections just for the heck of it. It was cool.

The pop jets are nice to cool off quick and not have to use the pool.

We always found food we liked at the food court. The food court always seemed crowded and busy but definitely not a problem. We got chili dogs there, DS got veggie lasagua there, we loved the rainbow cheesecake. The breakfast was good. None of the food was fancy but it was all good and all hot every time. It is open very late. We got back from Fantasmic one time and still were able to find something there. Probably just pizza at that time but it was still nice to be able to eat.

If we go back to disney.. we will likely stay at Pop again or one of the other values because I love the themes. Very Disney! That is what made us choose Pop the very first visit.

pepperderr

Stayed at POP twice, Loved it!!!! It was pretty crowded on both trips, but I always found a table to eat, and always found chairs by the pool, and they pools are big enough so your not swimming on top of people. The food is not the best, but they have alot of options, for me I like the TV dinner that they offer, I think it's called MOM's special or something like that. And the Tye-Dye cheese cake is a must to try. I have always stayed in the 70's building, close to the bus system, and main building. The 80's buildings I think are the closest to the main building and the Hippy Dippy Pool.

DS7 and I stayed at POP last year on our first trip together. I went as a kiddo, but this was his first. I'm a pretty confident person, but still Disney is a big trip to do as a single mom. We had a blast!!! POP was fabulous. Room size wasn't an issue since it was just the two of us. We loved the refillable mugs. Food court had plenty of options. We were on DP and had plenty of food (and then some). Our luggage was at our room in a reasonable manner. After reading tons of things on these boards, we were able to navigate transportation system with no problems. I will agree that upon returning to POP from the parks the bus line was always much longer than the other resorts and buses were always very crowded with lots of people crammed on them. Also, POP buses are the farthest away from park entrances. Knowing that ahead of time and expecting it made it not a huge deal. People on the buses were nice despite being crammed and tired. I always appreciate when I see someone give up their seat for a mom or dad carrying a sleeping toddler or an older person, pregnant woman, etc. I tried to give my seat to a man holding his daughter but he declined. I could tell he was having difficulty holding on to her, all the "stuff" and trying to hold the rail while the bus was moving. Poor guy. We also were able to visit with some nice people on the bus ride to and from parks. DS will strike up a conversation with anyone. We gave a young girl a Cinderella pin from our collection. DS and I tried to find opportunities each day to "spread a little magic", "pay it forward", whatever you want to call it, even if it was just giving up our seat on the bus. It seemed to set a tone for our trip. I hope your trip is as amazing as ours was. We are headed back in late June. I can't wait!

We have stayed at the POP 4 times---Love this resort. It may have a ton of rooms but it really does not seem that large to me. There is no need for internal buses. We always stay in the fifties. Stayed in the 60's once--tooo noisy being right on the pool. The main pool is always crowded but the bowling pin pool is usually quiet.

We would ask for a room on the backside of the 50's building because it over looks the lake. One thing to keep in mind is that just across the lake they are now working on the new Disney Animation resort. There could be noise from construction.

the fifties bldg closest to the main bldg overlooking the bowling pin pool would be my pick this year. Don't know if you are a smoker but there is a nice little smoking spot in the middle of some trees not far from the bldg.--Off the walkway and away from anyone that might be in the area.

the arcade is a blast. the laundry is nice but it takes 2 cycles for drying. there are no pool towels but house keeping will bring you more bath towels to take to the pool.

I refuse to stand on a bus---safety issues--so I usually wait for the next one if it appears I will have to stand. In all my stays here I have never waited longer than 15 minutes for a bus.

The down side of the buses for POP is that it is the last spot at all of the parks except HS. This walk---after being in the parks all day--is sometime torture. But we always seem to make.

have fun and just enjoy!!!!

I have been to WDW 14 times and POP is a great resort!

We love the 50's rooms! they are close to the food court area and have a nice pool but far enough away that you aren't awake by all the foot traffic at night and they aren't any extra cost like the 60's are.

The bus service is great and the cast members have always been excellent to us. It is much newer than AS and its smaller and doesn't share buses. We will probably never leave this resort as it has been such a great fit for us!

We stayed at Pop for the first time in February. I would definitely recommend requesting a top floor room because noise bothers us. We stayed 3rd floor in the 60s building overlooking the lake. It was a fairly quiet location except there was some noise from the constuction across the lake from the new resort being built.

We would stay there again, but it is a very busy, large resort so the food court was always very busy. So much so that is was hard to find a seat in the mornings. Also there was longer waits for the busses at park closing and the busses very always standing room only.

The rooms were really quite nice as they have been remodeled recently. Even though they were small they were clean and nice.

My favorite part about staying at Pop was the CMs. They were all very nice and helpful. We've stayed at about half of all the Disney resorts and I would say Pops CMs are one of the best.

Have a great trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter