Tell me about Flying Fish Resturant

Simba's Mom

<font color=green>everything went to "H*** in a ha
What can anyone tell me about the Flying Fish resturaunt? I don't hear much talk about it. Is it worth 2 credits? What's the atmosphere like? Anything particularly good? I was thinking of trying it the next trip since I'm staying in that area.

My DH and I have never had a bad meal and it's always on out list to do. I have seen some resent bad reviews from people on the board and I know they have a new chief so I will be interested to see if our opinion has changed. The restaurant also can be quite loud in spots!

it is a wonderful restaurant! it is very modern inside. the potato crusted red snapper is out of this world! yes it is worth 2 tickets. btw i am not a seafood fan by any means..there is only 2 places i will eat fish, flying fish and artist point. they both just get it right. have a great trip!

Flying Fish is a lovely restaurant. I had the snapper, DH had the steak, both were excellent. For dessert we shared the cheesecake with the fruit compote sauce. We had such a wonderful evening there!

Does anyone know where I might find some interior pictures of the resturaunt? There aren't any on All Ears that I could find.

Flying Fish is one of our favorite restaurants. I especially love the snapper & the crab cake appetizer. I'm actually kind of sad that we're doing bluezoo instead of FF in October, but it's good to broaden our horizons, I suppose.... ;)

My DSis and I had Christmas Day Dinner here in 2006 (after our flight from Ohio earlier that day). It was a good meal. I felt underdressed (jeans and tee shirts/blouses) and would suggest dressing slightly more upscale (khakis and a blouse would probably do). I'm not sure if the attire was influenced by the holiday but others were in suits and evening wear - not gowns but the sequined long-sleeved tops and matching skirts some older ladies wear.

I had the calamari appetizer and DSis had the crab cake appetizer. Both were good - the crab cake had a bit of a kick but was very nice regardless. I had the char-crusted steak, which was good. It has a "sauce Foyot" which is yellow and has mustard as an ingredient. I asked for it on the side and it came out adorned with it. I did enjoy it; I wasn't sure what to expect, which is why I asked for it on the side. It was creamy and had that mustard flavor, but I hate mustard and still enjoyed it. It added a nice compliment to the steak and it suited the dish well. DSis had the salmon - she hadn't had salmon prepared in a restaurant before, and she said it was okay - just not what she was expecting. We didn't have any dessert.

I'd like to try it again sometime. DSis says she doesn't need to, but I enjoyed it enough to go back. It's not that she didn't like it; she just likes other places better and wants to try other new ones. The atmosphere was nice - we sat near the door and my back was slightly to the kitchen. I think further in would be nice so we could be more a "part of the action" and see the kitchen better, but we could see it nicely from where we were and had good, attentive service. I'd recommend it. I'd say it is worth 2 credits - the signature restaurants I DON'T feel are worth 2 are Narcoossee's and Brown Derby. Both were underwhelming. Flying Fish was not. I like Yachtsman and California Grill best for signatures (we'll be trying Citricos and Artist Point next October), but I'd give FF a solid B or B+ in comparison to the other two we like. Enjoy!

I loved it. My DD got the most incredible desert there. It is featured on the Disney Food show that is on the Food network. It comes on an artist paint palate with edible paint & a white chocolate puzzle you paint. I think a cupcake came too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter