Tell me about fishing at POR

daltonsdodisney

Mouseketeer
We are staying there May 30-31. Do you rent poles/bait? How much is it? Do you stand on a pier or take a boat? Is it available all day? Do the fish bite?
Thanks!

We just got back from PO last week. We didn't fish but stopped by to look. I didn't notice the prices -- sorry. I'm sure someone here will know. You fish with cane poles right off the fenced dock -- there are a jillion small sunnies that you can see swimming right around. The kids that we saw fishing really seemed to have a good time. I don't think it is available all day -- we would see them fishing on our way out in the morning but in the afternoon the stand would be all closed up.

HI! Here's some info:

For early risers, a two-hour guided fishing trip is available daily, leaving at 6:30 a.m. (weather permitting). The excursion travels down the Sassagoula River, and includes use of all rods, reel, and tackle. Advance reservations are required. Contact Guest Services, or call 407-934-5409.

Cane Pole Fishing - $6.13 for 30 minutes
Guided Bass Fishing - 3 Guest Minimum - $175 - $186

Melissa

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter