tell me about extra hours ?

phyllisva

Earning My Ears
i see that the day that we are going to AK is an extra hours evening but it still lists the hours as 9-5 . plaese help me to understand this .

Phyllis

WDW doesn't change the park hours(because otherwise the public will also be there). The EMH in the morning and evening are for onsite guests only. If you are looking at the DIS boards posting of the hours, just figure that the am EMH park opens one hour earlier, and the EMH for evening is 3 hours after offical park closing(and yes that does mean until 3am if MK is open until midnight.) Check around for exactly what is open, because not all rides and attractions are. This may help with your park stragety. Hope this helps. :cool1:

Where can I find out what parks will have extra hours in January 2-10?

Sharlene

Extra Hours are for us who stay on property to enjoy. :banana: :Pinkbounc :banana:

Hi everyone! Can anyone tell be if all evening EMH times are 3 hours? Most places I've read state "up to 3 hours" :)

ottawa-newbie said:
Hi everyone! Can anyone tell be if all evening EMH times are 3 hours? Most places I've read state "up to 3 hours" :)
that sounds fun. we are going to.

Sounds good? Went to the extra evening hours in Oct, MK wasn't too bad, MGM was awful, they even had to hand out fast passes, everyone on TOT and RNR , even 35 minute wait for the Movie ride at 11. Same with Epcot Soarin and TT but the back was empty. Curious if every one else had the same experience? :earsgirl:

Extra hours are great. We went in August of 2004 to an MGM extra magic hour and RNR and TOT had absolutely no wait at all, you could do them over and over again. I find Magic Kindgom to always be quite busy on the extra magic nights, Space Mountain is always lined up, but certainly not as bad as during the day!

ottawa-newbie said:

It is UP TO 3 hours. Disney reserves the right to choose how long. That said I have never heard of it being less than the 3 hours except for weather related reasons. However, we were reminded when we were just there in October that it was UP TO 3 hours by a number of the CM.

It used to be where you had to pay to get wristband instead.. I actually liked it better that way, because then there were way less people. You still have to wait in 20-30 minute lines (sometimes more) during extra magic hour. When you had to pay, those lines were much shorter. You could go on Thunder Mountain 3 times in a row if you wanted to with a very short wait. Sigh, if only it was like that still...

Sorry if that seemed a little off topic :).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter