Tell Me About Coronado Springs

DizneyNutz

DIS Veteran
The DH and I are headed to Coronado Springs on 12/03 :cheer2: . We've only stayed at WL, VWL and offsite---really don't know what to expect....please help with some of your likes, dislikes, tips, etc. Any info on how this resort handles the Christmas Holiday, such as decorations, etc. would be greatly appreciated!! :)

CSR is really beautiful all the time but at Christmas it's amazing. The colour scheme is gorgeous and there are huge wreaths and a giant tree. Also down the hall from the lobby to the restaurants there are small trees between all of the arched windows. There's also a gingerbread village outside the bakery.

It's a great place, lovely gadrens, the best bus service, an amazing pool. And it is the only Mod with both spa services and room service.

You're going to LOVE it. The Christmas decorations are GORGEOUSLY done, very fitting with the rest of the resort. I'm a huge fan of the Pepper Market, personally, and the resort in general is just beautiful and relaxing. A tip: see if they are still doing stargazing with the telescopes at night!

CSR is a large resort that doesn't share services with other resorts and offers some deluxe amenities because it's a convention resort.

CSR offers a salon, spa, workout facility, full menu room service, a courtesy coach to assist in getting to and from the main building, and is the only moderate to offer suites.

If you're on the dining plan, you won't find a better CS spot than the Pepper Market. Huge portions, great choices and tasty food. Lunch/Dinner Menu

CSR is situated around a 15 acre lake and CBR is situated around a 45 acre lake. Great place for a romantic walk romantic walk around the Lago Dorado, across the lighted bridge to the hammocks on the white sandy beach.

CSR has terrific transportation. It doesn't share with any other resort (like POR / POFQ) and it only has 4 bus stops within the resort (vs 7 at CBR). And since CSR is centrally located, you'll have a quick ride to all the parks.

And being a convention resort, the buses seem less crowded because guests are busy with their conventions.

CSR is the most central to the 3 parks. See the map below.

csrmap0kn.jpg

eim9ut.jpg

Photo by Ducky4Disney

ehybeg.jpg

ea5ytc.jpg

ea5z7l.jpg

fod6wm.jpg

fod75f.jpg

fod8n4.jpg

CSR has the best pool of the mods and probably the second best on WDW property.

Best mod pool. It offers a great slide (123 ft long), an arcade, a sand volleyball court, and a playground at the main pool area.

eaqyk9.jpg

o54511.jpg

wb6r04.jpg

Review from mousesavers.com!!

Coronado Springs is my Best Value choice in the Moderate category. It has several advantages compared with the other Moderate resorts. It is newer, so there has been less wear-and-tear on everything. Also, Coronado Springs is a convention hotel, so it has a few extra amenities not offered at the other Moderates, including a salon, a health club and a more upscale food court.

The theming is radically different in the three areas of Coronado Springs. You can request a specific area when booking but there is no guarantee you'll get your request.

• The Spanish-style Casitas at Coronado Springs are very peaceful, with courtyards featuring tiled fountains. Casitas Buildings 1, 3 and 2 (in that order) are the closest to the restaurants and services. Casitas Building 4 contains the salon and health club, if those are important to you.
  • The Cabanas at Coronado Springs have a beachy Caribbean feeling. Cabanas Building 8A is very close to the feature pool, which may be a blessing (convenience) or a curse (noise, light). Cabanas Building 9B is closest to the marina and relatively convenient to the restaurants and services.
  • The Ranchos at Coronado Springs feel quiet and secluded -- some would say isolated -- and feature desert landscaping and pueblo-style architecture. They look closest to the main pool on a map, but in actuality they are separated from the rest of the property by a swamp, so it can be a fairly long walk from these buildings to the pool, and a very long walk to the restaurants.

wgs3tk.jpg

Buzz those are great photos of CSR during the holidays!

CSR is my favorite moderate resort. I love how it's broken up in to three differently themed areas. The Cabanas section is where we stayed several years back, I'd request the same area again if we ever return. The main pool the Dig Site is something else!

DizneyNutz said:
The DH and I are headed to Coronado Springs on 12/03 :cheer2: . We've only stayed at WL, VWL and offsite---really don't know what to expect....please help with some of your likes, dislikes, tips, etc. Any info on how this resort handles the Christmas Holiday, such as decorations, etc. would be greatly appreciated!! :)

Many thanks to all of you that have posted, Buzz, thanks for the photos and the information!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!